Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride >

20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride

20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride

Old 10-23-2018, 11:48 AM

JanieW, your block turned out so pretty! I'm still in love with your fabric choices!
Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Hi Jan are you not joining in this time?
Old 10-23-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
This top needs a border & then I'll donate it to the charity group at my guild. I know it will be appreciated.
Thanks so much Judy and to all who are sharing this "ride" .
Beautiful quilt, I love the color selection of the red, white and Blues.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:25 PM

I'm still working to put mine together. Hope to have it done by this weekend. Supposed to rain, great weekend for a sewing.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:40 PM

Dotty, reds are so hard with bleeding. I hope the color catchers work. Let us know bc I have a quilt I know I’m going to need to use them with soon too. I’m scared my one solid red is going to bleed over & since this is my big personal project of making my own paper pieced blocks & putting them together into a special quilt it’ll really be upsetting. Has anyone tried using a cold water & vinegar wash cycle first with a quilt they thought might run before?
You know Dotty, if you put another red, white, blue, or gold border on this quilt it could be a considered a Quilt of Valor I think.
JanieW, I love your block. I can’t wait to see it with them put together & how the secondary pattern looks.
dd, you might want to add some color catchers too with all that red. Do you have any tricks to keep fabric from bleeding? I think your recipient is going to love your quilt!
RJ Very nice. Yours was the flannel quilt right? Your colors all go together so well. It’s a very soothing palate.
Carol in WI How’d you get your blocks to match like that?! That’s cool that the ones you have laid out are in different colorways. Are all of them going to be that way or are some going to be more scrappy looking?
Everyone is doing such a fantastic job. Leslie, I’m sure you’re quilt looks fine. We’re usually our hardest critique!

Julz
Old 10-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

I'm really bummed! Got a needle stuck somehow and now I think my timing is off. I can't get the bobbin thread up. So today was frustrating. I have another machine I can piece with. I don't trust myself with my Bernina. Will be taking it in.
Was hoping to have some pics tonight.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Hi Jan are you not joining in this time?
Hi Mary, thanks for asking. I have finished the first two steps but haven't put the blocks together yet. I've been working on getting a few Christmas gifts finished but will try to post a picture of a completed block later today.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:01 AM

Awesome blocks and tops! Thanks for sharing!

I hope to sew a few more blocks today as leaders/Enders for a BOM that needs to be finished by tomorrow night. Nothing like procrastinating until the last moment for the BOM but at least it’s cut out. Lol!
Old 10-24-2018, 06:08 AM

I really like this quilt. I can’t wait to get to my favourite part which is the quilting. Thanks, Judy.

Thanks for the compliments. I like all the scrappy ones I’m seeing. The variety of fabrics and colours is great to see.

I have only two blocks assembled. It will be awhile before I get more done as I have to get some preemie quilts quilted and then put the binding on before the weekend.

Susie, I hope you get your machine sorted out. It’s so frustrating when we want to quilt and we have equipment malfunction.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:33 AM

it’s flimsy time!
I think I need to add a 4” border / crust to my 20th mystery quilt train ride - Berry Cobbler Quilt.
It will give it another several inches width and height. If the 13 year old doesn’t approve of it, my husband has a cousin who has had cancer return after loosing the ability to walk without falling (the leg issue has been a mystery for about 3 years, or they just don’t want it discussed) she is in a wheelchair and I think this size quilt would work well if she doesn’t mind the free scrappy gift.
Thank you Judy for my first train ride! 💋[ATTACH=CONFIG]602965[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 89f48e61-628f-4dbd-9888-57eb787b8ed4.jpeg