Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Blog Entries
    Here are my fifty stars (actually 52) laid out but not sewn. Figured I'd better show this much before it gets buried. The fabrics at the left will be the sashing. The turquoise sure became the dominate color, hence "Turquoise Skys." This was a great year. Thanks again PokerDiva.
    Name:  50 stars reduced.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  338.5 KB

Whitepine, your quilt is going to be beautiful. I love the background. Makes all the stars jump out. Congrats on you finish. I hope I get mine back from the quilters soon.

Whitepine, what a gorgeous quilt it will be! I love your stars and the turquoise you used!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries

Absolutely fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Whitepine, what a gorgeous quilt it will be! I love your stars and the turquoise you used!
    Very very gorgeous !!!!!

White Pine that is gorgeous. I love those colors! How are you going to quilt that when you get it all together?
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Meanmom, I'm a member of another board, they started a thread where you can post your weekly goals. That helps me a lot staying focused on what's on my list. Small goals but it works. I too wander off to many times and end up with a pile of unfinished projects. So I made a list of what I still have to finish and pick some of them every week.

Blog Entries
    White pine your quilt will be beautiful. Don't let it become a UFO. Your sashing fabrics are perfect. I am looking forward to seeing everyones finished quilts. I am waiting for mine to come back from the longarmers.

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to do a border of the mottled fabric then a border of half square triangles with the brown and background fabric. I think I'll outline the stars and do a simple geometric inbetween them. HA HA! I wonder how many years they keep a thread alive.

Blog Entries
    Whitepine, your blocks are so stunning! Just gorgeous! I am ashamed that I am one of those who "got behind and dropped out of site". I need to be realistic and just at least make either a wall hanging or throw quilt size with what I've already done so I quit feeling so guilty??? Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!
    Ronda

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Whitepine, your blocks are so stunning! Just gorgeous! I am ashamed that I am one of those who "got behind and dropped out of site". I need to be realistic and just at least make either a wall hanging or throw quilt size with what I've already done so I quit feeling so guilty??? Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!
    You wrote my post! I think I finished 16 stars. A wall hanging is a great idea. I'm so envious of all the beautiful quilts I've seen. I don't want my blocks forgotten.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much Rhonda and Sheri. Sometimes you just have to know when to quit and you shouldn't feel bad about it. There's only so much time and you have to use it as you want to. At the beginning I saved a lot of pictures and I really liked both of your stars. I'm sure they'll fit in another quilt someday or a smaller project.

There are so many fun things to do on the QB. Rhonda, your PP swap sounds like a lot of fun. Can't do it this spring though. I think a lot of people must sew and cut a lot faster than me because it takes me a long time to finish a block. I need to speed up. Speed for quilters doesn't sound right.
    Last edited by whitepine; 01-17-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hi! i just started reading this thread....i don't know how to paper piece , but i DO have the book. I think pp will be on my "must learn in 2013". can anyone provide an estimate of how many yards of background fabric one needs???

thank you so much!

betsey

Hi twoxover, according to meanmom you need about 7 yards. I just bought my background fabric last week and started the first star today. It's halfway done.

Here's my first block: Alabama. The centre is off but even with the off centre the block hardly measures 12.5". My printer was set to no scaling.
    Name:  Alabama (504 x 489).jpg
Views: 252
Size:  68.4 KB

Your fabrics colors are beautiful. I haven't begun to make any blocks yet but it is on my "to do" lists. I love the book.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Whitepine your stars are beautiful!

Wow..wow...Whitepine, that is going to be a beautiful quilt!! The blocks look gorgeous!! I love turquoise.
    Last edited by nygal; 01-22-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    Twoxover, I emailed Carol Daok to ask how much fabric to make all of the backgrounds the same. She didn't know how much to buy. I bought 7 yards for my background and had enough with a little left. I can't wait to see your blocks. Anael your Alabama is beautiful. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more
    Pat

Anael, your first block is beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest. I just got my quilt back from Charisma. Need to do the binding then I will post a pic. I love it.

Anael--that is a nice first block. I look forward to seeing more!

Here's my first block: Alabama. The centre is off but even with the off centre the block hardly measures 12.5". My printer was set to no scaling.
    Name:  Alabama (504 x 489).jpg
Views: 252
Size:  68.4 KB
    Did you use scant 1/4 inch seams?

Blog Entries
    Anael, I too had trouble getting a full 12.5" block so I cheated and cut the last pieces bigger. For example, on Alabama, the last two pieces on sections A & B call for 3.75" and 4.75". I cut the squares at 4" and 5". This gave me the extra I needed with no worries.

Thanks TeddybearLady and NYgal.

Good to know I"m not the only one having trouble getting a full 12.5" block. Thanks for the advice whitepine! And thanks all for the compliments on my first block

Blog Entries
    Hi twoxover, according to meanmom you need about 7 yards. I just bought my background fabric last week and started the first star today. It's halfway done.
    thank you Aneal!

Just stopped by to see what was being posted and noticed the last few comments on size. If you do not trim the block until the 4 quadrants are sewn into a square, then remove the paper and press, you can then trim it to perfect size. I always did that and had no problem with size.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 103 104 105 ... LastLast