Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars >

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Old 01-01-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Janet My View Post
Nice blocks everyone.... I don't have my book yet... Should be here this week.... Looks like I'm behind before I even start. LOL I've never done this but I got one of Carol Doak's DVD's and I loved it so I'll be jumping in with both feet. Hope I don't drown because I've read that some are very hard.
I am starting behind too. Just bought fabric today - not sure about the background fabric, I am using one from my stash that I only have two yards of. Guess that means I will be using two different background fabrics. Should make for an interesting design opportunity (or headache, I'm not sure which!). I am starting mine tomorrow and if I play my cards right, will have an Alabama to post very soon!

The blocks that have been posted are lovely - so much variety and lovely fabric choices!!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:07 PM

The song to sew by this week....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cyokaj3BJU
Sweet Home Alabama
Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nickylsf View Post
You can also download Foundation Factory Carol Doak's fab 50 stars from www.quiltpro.com for $14.99. I stated earlier it was a module for quilt pro but actually it is a stand alone application.

Just did the online delivery. Figured that it would be less money than the book. It looks great. Thanks for the tip. One question I have is there is a goodies page that said there is an asterisk added to some of the star block numbers in the book. The asterisk indicates that those pieces are added after the sections A and B are joined. I printed out one of the blocks they mentioned that had the asterisk and I couldn't find an asterisk anywhere. They also said to refer to the book to determine which piece(s) are added after the sections A & B are joined. Do you have the book? It seems as if I am missing something here. Thanks for your help, anyone. BrendaK
Old 01-02-2012, 05:11 AM

Wow awesome blocks so far. I plan on starting tonight. I had a couple of UFO's to finish first. I finished my homework for my BOM class, finished a charity quilt(needs quilted), finished a quilt back to take to the longarm. Ready to start tonight. I have my background fabric and the rest will be scrappy, mostly batiks. Can't wait. My first quilt I made was an Oregon star, 64 blocks. I tried to post a picture, no luck. I will have to read the directions and try again.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:36 AM

The astrisks are usually in a corner section. They are really tiny even in the book.. Look for a dot next to the piece #. If you tell me which star you are looking at I will tell you which piece and you can see if you see it.

Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
Just did the online delivery. Figured that it would be less money than the book. It looks great. Thanks for the tip. One question I have is there is a goodies page that said there is an asterisk added to some of the star block numbers in the book. The asterisk indicates that those pieces are added after the sections A and B are joined. I printed out one of the blocks they mentioned that had the asterisk and I couldn't find an asterisk anywhere. They also said to refer to the book to determine which piece(s) are added after the sections A & B are joined. Do you have the book? It seems as if I am missing something here. Thanks for your help, anyone. BrendaK
Old 01-02-2012, 05:54 AM

Default Alabama

Okay, will post my first star. Trying to remember all the answers I wanted to post to things I've read. I'm glad all will be on one page. I have another threat where the pics are elsewhere and I always forget how to get there. This will be on LOOOONG thread when we're finished!!! I know there were others where I wanted to comment, but wanted to read all postings first and now I've lost that thread (literally) Oh, well - ALL the stars are beautiful. Love the colors everyone has chosen. My stars will all be scrappy, but I think the background on mine is too dark, but that's what I chose and will do as many stars as my fabric holds out for. I did pick others to use on upcoming stars, so we'll see. Here 'tis
Old 01-02-2012, 05:55 AM

Okay, looks like my jpeg was too big. Somewhere here someone talked about reducing size. What was that link?
Old 01-02-2012, 06:20 AM

Here's my second try
Old 01-02-2012, 06:26 AM

ok, lets see if this works - Star #1 - Alabama[ATTACH=CONFIG]299659[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mvc-025f.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 07:18 AM

Wow, that is going to be a pretty quilt.

Originally Posted by Fabaddict View Post
ok, lets see if this works - Star #1 - Alabama[ATTACH=CONFIG]299659[/ATTACH]