Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars >

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Old 01-02-2012, 12:51 PM

Default Alabama

I will try again to post my Alabama - particularly after seeing all the gorgeous one posted already. Was so frustrated this morning, I just shut everything down and went downstairs to sew. I'm back to see if I can post. Gadzooks, I hate this computer. Anyway, read everything Quilting Nonnie said and tried to access it. Thanks for taking the time to do that for me. My computer, when I right click the picture, gives me the options of Paint-Windows Live Movie maker-Windows Live Photo gallery-Windows Media Center and Windows Photo Viewer. I did find somewhere - and can't find it again a place where I reduced the size, so I'll try that one. I did make a separate file for Carol Doak start separate from other photos, so that may help. I've never had this problem before, but was always using the desk top computer, not the lap top. if this doesn't work, it back downstairs to take another picture (cause, of course, I cleared the chip in the camera after I downloaded the pictures). I'll off load this one onto the desktop and try from there...fingers crossed...here we go
Attached Thumbnails 009a.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
I will try again to post my Alabama - particularly after seeing all the gorgeous one posted already.
You found the secret, girl. Another pretty to join the rest!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

Default alabama block finished today

so, i also am off to a good start finished my Alabama Block today- and i'm fairly happy with it-
i decided to kind of do scrappy- but with mainly blues & purples throughout- with black backgrounds-
so here is block #1 of 50===yea!
Attached Thumbnails april-14_877.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

wow- i just looked through all of the finished blocks and oh my-some of them are so,,.,..spectacular! i love them all-each one has it's own personality- but a few of them really (grabbed me)= i might reconsider my initial decision and add more colors
great job everyone!!!
i'm going to (try) to do each new block on Monday---start my work week with a new star- seems like a nice way to start each week
Old 01-02-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
so, i also am off to a good start finished my Alabama Block today- and i'm fairly happy with it-
i decided to kind of do scrappy- but with mainly blues & purples throughout- with black backgrounds-
so here is block #1 of 50===yea!
I like your blues and purples; nice job!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:34 PM

I know this is Week One, but I thought of something and wanted to pass it along before I forgot when it was time for our trip to Hawaii. I had cut pieces for this block to make a wall hanging, and cut all the B-4 pieces the size called out. None of them fit, they didn't even cover the seam allowence.

In section B location 4, the medium green is listed as cutting to 1-1/2" x 4". Way wrong. it should have been 1-3/4" like the other pieces like this, but I think 1-3/4" is too small. Like PokerDiva, I too cut all pieces 1/4" wider -- 2" makes a world of difference instead of 1-3/4".

And I have to comment again on how beautiful these blocks are. Makes me think that picking one block and doing it scrappy with a common background could be interesting, too. OMG, I'll never live long enough to make all these things on my Quilt Bucket List.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:54 PM

OK, I was lost. I now have a subscription to this post. Have you guys started yet?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
The astrisks are usually in a corner section. They are really tiny even in the book.. Look for a dot next to the piece #. If you tell me which star you are looking at I will tell you which piece and you can see if you see it.

Thanks PokerDiva, paintmejudy, The following blocks have the astericks: (7) Connecticut, (11) Hawaii, (23)Minnesota, (28)Nevada, (41) South Dakota, (43) Texas, (45) Vermont, and (48) West Virginia.

nickylsf, I was going to wait also but, just thought that I would try to head off at the pass any problems I might have.

WOW. What awesome, spectacular stars you ladies have done. Not sure that I can live up to what you all have made. But, one can only try. I think maybe I will have to purchase the book after all. Guess I'll have to go dig in my pile and see what I have. Look forward to seeing more of everyones work. Thanks again BrendaK

Last edited by BrendaK; 01-03-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post
OK, I was lost. I now have a subscription to this post. Have you guys started yet?
Judy, I have the book, fabrics but because of other things I have to get finished first I haven't started yet and I think there are a few of us.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:11 AM

Morning, group! I'm off to quilt guild small group for the day. We call ourselves Queen Bees, lol. Only the six of us and we are pretty close. This group started ten years ago; I'm the newest one and lucky to find these girls. Four of us are in our 70s. See you later. I'm going to work on Alaska at group.