Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart - Block #11 Photos

beautiful

Blog Entries
    I have just finished block 11. Will post pic in a few minutes.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How's that Razzle Dazzle doin' for you? I wish I had done some other method, but since I have 16 blocks done, I'm not doing them over. Still considering one larger & in Christmas colors. I've got plenty of batiks!

Blog Entries
    We are getting some gorgeous blocks now!!!!

It is going to be fun seeing how everyonw's quilts turn out as our fabric cohices are all fifferent.

Beautiful blocks, Patti & Pattis.

Patti I love those Autumnal colours you are using, this is going to be so beautiful.

Lesley you are far too clever, what a great idea to do the block that way

I saw this block posted somewhere else and I linked to your name to make sure that I had the right person. It is beautiful. I love the colors that you choose. Also a hearty Thank You for the work that you do with inmates. I've had family members in the big house who needed structure and people like you contribute to making them productive people of society again.

Blog Entries
    Kathy, the Razzle Dazzle is hard to sew with by hand. I found the best way for me to handle it is to use a "crewel" needle (to make a sizeable hole for it to flow through) and my hands are so rough that I have to wear a latex glove. I have to cut it in fairly short lengths...about 12". There will be a lot of waste this way...but heck...it looks soooo great when its done. Almost like a braided rope. I sure hope it washes well though! Yikes!

Blog Entries
    I had a productive evening last night and finished the embroidery on both my block 10 and 11. This block 11 is the same one I posted on the cybersew thread with the variegated thread. I decided I didn't think I would like the variegated throughout the whole quilt so decided to go with dark red embroidery floss throughout, so removed the variegated thread and redid it with the red. I like it a lot better, even with my orange flowers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Nice blocks Patti and Judy - as for colours 'going' together, I really think anything goes with this quilt. Aie has used what I would have thought really odd colours beside one another, but now I am managing to lose some of my inhibitions! (Well, quiltwise, LOL).

Blog Entries
    I have finished block 11. Will post pic in a few minutes.....or tomorrow!

Block 11 AOTH
    Name:  Attachment-176683.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  32.1 KB

Wow, you all are doing incredible work!

Blog Entries
    Judy, I loved that varigated on this one, but I like the red equally as well! Its funny that it seems no matter what you do to these blocks, they are fabulous!

Pattis...I love your block too!!!

Blog Entries
    Pattis, I love those little pink flowers. Beautiful block.

Blog Entries
    Cheryl,

Thank you for the nice words about my job. I really hope that I am making a difference in their lives. I love what I do and going to work isn't hard for me to do - even though getting up at 5:00 am is :-) especially since I hae been up for the last week till late in the evening watching the Mare Stare waiting for a filly to be born. She came last night at 11:00 Ohio time, but we all stayed on talking & watching all the activity after her birth. I have the cam up tonight watching her & her Mom. She is so cute and full of energy!

Pattis, lovely block, love the pastel look so different again.

Elle

Well here's my block 11. I think I now feel comfortable enough to wait for the June start date to do more. Obviously there are things that need work, but I think I'll get better with each block. I'll continue to watch for the blocks from the JTGC as ya'll keep me motivated and awed!

Kathy---I believe you are doing your applique by machine correct? Are you also doing the embroidery by machine? If so, what stitch are you using as yours looks like hand work.

All of these blocks are just beautiful and it's so astonishing to see how different they are.

Block 11 4/6/11
    Name:  Attachment-180490.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  51.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    Well here's my block 11. I think I now feel comfortable enough to wait for the June start date to do more. Obviously there are things that need work, but I think I'll get better with each block. I'll continue to watch for the blocks from the JTGC as ya'll keep me motivated and awed!

Kathy---I believe you are doing your applique by machine correct? Are you also doing the embroidery by machine? If so, what stitch are you using as yours looks like hand work.

All of these blocks are just beautiful and it's so astonishing to see how different they are.
    Lovely block Roxanne, looks good to me. Are you telling us that you are going to not make any more until June now? You are far stronger than I was. Once I started, I couldn't stop!

Lovely block Roxanne, looks good to me. Are you telling us that you are going to not make any more until June now? You are far stronger than I was. Once I started, I couldn't stop![/quote]

Leslie---actually block 10 scares the heck out of me! so, I will wait for company (you know, as in misery loves....)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    Lovely block Roxanne, looks good to me. Are you telling us that you are going to not make any more until June now? You are far stronger than I was. Once I started, I couldn't stop!
    Leslie---actually block 10 scares the heck out of me! so, I will wait for company (you know, as in misery loves....)[/quote]

You could skip to an easier one, and go back to no. 10 when you feel a bit more confident.

I'm supposed to be working on my funky chicken quilt anyway. I just got anxious about my lack of applique/embroidery skills and wanted to practice before June. But, you are right this is addictive. I absolutely love this quilt and I am enjoying the hand work when my hands will allow. boy, these tiny pieces are tough aren't they?

Cypress, Texas by the way of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I love your block. The embroidery is the icing on the cake. FYI, I visited Sligo on a tour. A most memorable trip.
    Donna

Blog Entries
    Holy Cow - all these blocks are fabuloso!!! Everyone is doing so well on theirs & they are all individually beautiful in their onw right! Congratulations on jobs well done!!!

Blog Entries
    Roxanne, great job!! I love your take on this one. ...and yeah about your chicken quilt..you should do some funky cats while you wait for your chickens to fly the coop and head home...LOL!!

I bet you will sneak in another block or two of AOTH before June as its great to have some handwork going and yes..the tiny pieces are hard to deal with- mine are the 7" blocks...are yours?

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Roxanne, great job!! I love your take on this one. ...and yeah about your chicken quilt..you should do some funky cats while you wait for your chickens to fly the coop and head home...LOL!!

I bet you will sneak in another block or two of AOTH before June as its great to have some handwork going and yes..the tiny pieces are hard to deal with- mine are the 7" blocks...are yours?
    Yes, I'm keeping mine at 7" too as I really didn't want to do another large quilt. As for cats...nope, not my thing (I'm allergic!)
    LOL....but really, I really enjoy looking at all the "funkies" being done. They give me my daily smile.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbystabber
    I love your block. The embroidery is the icing on the cake. FYI, I visited Sligo on a tour. A most memorable trip.
    Donna
    Donna, most of us locals like the county, but don't rate Sligo town all that much, there are nicer ones around about.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast