Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 11-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by candi View Post
Ok, one thing I learned and passing on in case you hadn't seen it yet. At the bottom of the post, there is "view tag cloud." if you click on it, it takes you to topic list and you will find the AOTH tag and all the threads in that folder. One thing is that they seem to be out of order in the sense that the thread with the most recent reply is all the way on the bottom of the second page. I like most recent on top myself, lol, but it seems like they are sorted by first post date maybe.
Finally found this thread - after spending hours on this 'new' board, I feel as if I have been wasting my time. I have looked at Help (when I had the chance, but it wasn't always there) and it generally spoke about all the new things available, but not HOW to use them. At last one of my questions has been answered - now I know what a tag cloud is though even that isn't helpful for this thread, because its telling me that there isn't one for here, so thank you for that. Now what about Pin backs and ref backs? One of which is on, and the other is off?

I have had a lovely time here with all of you ladies, but I am sadly disillusioned, disheartened, and I have been reduced to tears, so I might not be here much longer. I hope you all go on to complete your beautiful quilts and get as much satisfaction out of them as I have. If anyone wants to keep in touch with me, they can leave a PM, and I will send them my email addy. (I deleted all (over 3000) PMs because I couldn't find out how to delete a few until too late, when someone emailed me with an explanation.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady View Post
Finally found this thread - after spending hours on this 'new' board, I feel as if I have been wasting my time. I have looked at Help (when I had the chance, but it wasn't always there) and it generally spoke about all the new things available, but not HOW to use them. At last one of my questions has been answered - now I know what a tag cloud is though even that isn't helpful for this thread, because its telling me that there isn't one for here, so thank you for that. Now what about Pin backs and ref backs? One of which is on, and the other is off?

I have had a lovely time here with all of you ladies, but I am sadly disillusioned, disheartened, and I have been reduced to tears, so I might not be here much longer. I hope you all go on to complete your beautiful quilts and get as much satisfaction out of them as I have. If anyone wants to keep in touch with me, they can leave a PM, and I will send them my email addy. (I deleted all (over 3000) PMs because I couldn't find out how to delete a few until too late, when someone emailed me with an explanation.
I sent an PM to you.
I'm not happy.
The translator does not work as before, which precludes me communicate.
I hope everything is solved!
Hugs to all!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady View Post

I'm so sad about this! I have tried and tried to send you a PM, but I keep getting a message that tells me I have reached my PM capacity so it won't send my PM to you. I would love to have your email address, and I was trying to send mine to you. I am getting so frustrated!! If anyone can help me, PLEASE do!!! I have deleted quite a few PMs, but it STILL won't send a PM to Lacelady! I sent one earlier to another member with no problems at all, but I can't seem to get another one to go through!
Old 11-02-2011, 11:05 PM

Pat, an issue with the move to the new board was for some unknown (to me) reason all of our PMs including the deleted ones transferred over! I had well over 1600 PMs in my inbox here!!! I just emptied my folders as there were no info that I still needed in any of the PMs I currently have. I have sent a PM to Lesley earlier with success. Is it telling you that you reached your maximum capacity or Lesley did? We can't have any more than 500 PMs in there, so check your inbox or sent folder and see what you have. Hope this helps.

I know change is frustrating, esepcially that many of us have been on this board for years, but lets give the new format a chance. Do you remember that first time you drive a new car? Can't find the wiper thing, can't find this or that, after a few times, you'll get used to where things are and give it time and you'll forget all about the old format.
I am looking forward to seeing all of your blocks and quilts, so I will be watching.
Now if I can just figure out how to get the threads to be in order when I access the AOTH tag, I'd be a happy camper.

Pat, or anyone, if I can help you with anything, let me know, I've been playing around and found some cool things here. My PM folder is empty so PM me or post here, I check this thread.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:13 AM

Pab, I tried to PM you but was unable to get through. All my old deleted PM's were brought over also and if you are over the limit, they need to be deleted before you can use this PM facility.

I am in contact with Lesley and do think she will be keeping an eye on this thread and her PDA while things settle down. I am sure she will pop in here at some stage.

Please PM me when you are able.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Finally, I found this thread. Ladies...I have been a long long long time member here and have loved the QB since the beginning. I've been very active on the board and hosted several activities...but at this point, I am so upset, frustrated and disappointed with the changes...ALL the changes, that I just don't think I will subject myself to dealing with it on a daily basis anymore. I will try to check in and if I can help any of you with anything, feel free to PM me (I also emptied everything in my box, so should be able to get a message, but who knows.) So...sadly....maybe I'll see ya' around somewhere.

Pab, I tried to send you a PM, but you will have to delete messages before you can receive any. It says you are over the 500 limit.

Last edited by sandpat; 11-03-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 AM

Patti, please don't give up yet. Launching a new forum is a very hard and lengthy experience, and no matter how prepared developers are, there's bound to be some glitches, I think as days go on, you will find it easier and easier to navigate and find your way around. You ladies have been very encouraging, and an inspiration, and I really would hate to see you go. I haven't found everything I like to yet, but if I can be of any help, please let me know.
Hugs to all.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:34 AM

Default Flossy

Originally Posted by candi View Post
Patti, please don't give up yet. Launching a new forum is a very hard and lengthy experience, and no matter how prepared developers are, there's bound to be some glitches, I think as days go on, you will find it easier and easier to navigate and find your way around. You ladies have been very encouraging, and an inspiration, and I really would hate to see you go. I haven't found everything I like to yet, but if I can be of any help, please let me know.
Hugs to all.
Candi, unfortunatly I dont have the time to sit for days trying to navivate my way around this new Board, when the old one was so easy, I so enjoyed poping in and out and having fun. Life is too short for this frustration. Change is a good thing only when it is an improvement on the old.....Not this time.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:09 PM

I just posted this in Lesley's PDA, but see that she is gone.

Did I happen to mention that I can't find the first three AOTH blocks I made????!!!!!! Let me preface this by saying that I am NOT a whiz when it comes to getting them done quickly, like so many of you can, so that was a lot of time invested. I remember putting them in a flat box to keep them "safe" for when I was excavating the sewing room and reorganizing. I, for the life of me, cannot find that blasted box. My stomach feels sick and I'm rapidly losing feathers.

I did manage to finish a block while sitting with MIL in the hospital and rehab center. I'll post pictures later.

I know that a lot of people are leaving, but I will continue to pop in here to see what's shakin'. I am also on another board, but I still love to talk to friends and see new pictures.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:43 PM

I hate all of these changes. I am not going to give up now because I enjoy all of the friends I have made on the Board and I need the encouragement and inspiration that I get from all of you. Without you I would never have attempted to make AOTH. I have amazed myself that I can actually do needle-turn applique and it comes out close to the pictures in the book. My daughters are in awe -- of course, none of them quilt so that is pretty easy to do. Don't give up; at least I have located this forum.