Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

All right, sewnso - so glad you are on the train. And all the other new arrivals, welcome.

All the postings look great. I think I am going to have to start another one, with brighter colors, because all the blocks look so great. I still like my Christmas runner, but I like the brights, too. You have all made such great choices.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Ladies, I want very much to catch the train. I haven't been on quilting board for about two years (life interfers with my plans). I spent about 5 hours last night going through the mystery quilt messages and I think I am ready to jump back into quilting and a table runner sounds great. I am going to try to post a picture, although I've never done that so don't know how successful it will be. I looked carefully at all the beautiful fabrics everyone has selected and then went through my stash and found both Christmas and autumn fabrics. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Help! Couldn't figure out how to post pic, did a search on how to post picture, didn't find anything. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by JannieGrace View Post
    Ladies, I want very much to catch the train. I haven't been on quilting board for about two years (life interfers with my plans). I spent about 5 hours last night going through the mystery quilt messages and I think I am ready to jump back into quilting and a table runner sounds great. I am going to try to post a picture, although I've never done that so don't know how successful it will be. I looked carefully at all the beautiful fabrics everyone has selected and then went through my stash and found both Christmas and autumn fabrics. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Help! Couldn't figure out how to post pic, did a search on how to post picture, didn't find anything. What am I missing?
    JannieGrace, look for the icon in the quick reply box when you are entering your text. It looks like a little picture and says insert image when you click on that another box comes up and gives you the option to get picture from your computer or from URL. If you photos are on your computer choose that option and upload your picture, there are size restraints on the image so you may have to reduce the size before you upload it to the site. Hope that helps

ok just did mine not happy with contrast between a and B. so I might need to rethink this drink. if all A's are next to each other yeah there is contrast lol with B but otherwise its fairly close so warning to those who havent cut check our contrast. check it again. all I am saying Name:  mystery train 5 003.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  706.1 KB
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie L View Post
    JannieGrace, look for the icon in the quick reply box when you are entering your text. It looks like a little picture and says insert image when you click on that another box comes up and gives you the option to get picture from your computer or from URL. If you photos are on your computer choose that option and upload your picture, there are size restraints on the image so you may have to reduce the size before you upload it to the site. Hope that helps
    Thanks, Laurie L, but I can't find the icon. I have other icons, but nothing that looks like a picture or says insert image. I must not be looking in the right place.

When I type in the quick reply box, it is empty. Is it supposed to have icons in it? The only place I find icons is under the Go Advanced button, but none of them is an insert image button. Is there maybe somewhere that I need to personalize this?

jannie, if you have some kind of a photo editing program, like I have on my HP, you need to have the largest value, whether it is verticle or horizontal, to bew a maximum of 640 pixels. You can then upload successfully. Good luck.

When you Go Advanced, goto Manage then browse, and you can upload from there as long as the pix isn't too large - which is why you need to resize. you then close that window and post your reply with the pictures

Blog Entries
    In the Quick Reply box, there's a row of icons on the right. The one you want is the middle one of that group.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Blog Entries
    Judy,
    did you rethink your fabric assignments? I think the B and C in this weeks instructions were A and D originally?
    Cathy

Yay! Success. Thanks for your patience and responses. Picture still seems large, but I resized to 600 pixels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by labeelady View Post
    In the Quick Reply box, there's a row of icons on the right. The one you want is the middle one of that group.
    I don't have any icons in my quick reply box. Would it have to to do with the version of Windows that I am using? (7)

Blog Entries
    Went to visit my daughter in Ft Wayne, IN yesterday. While there she and I took a few hours out to go to "Gathering of Quilters 2013" show... they had some beautiful 1920's and 30's quilts on display! Corned beef cooking on the stove, NASCAR on the tv, putting a load of laundry in and then off to start this mystery quilt! Love all the pics posted so far!

I see that some are using A with C for the smaller squares.Will that work also Judi?
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    Oh so beautiful! I am in Portland in a hotel with my sister, tomorrow morning is the shamrock run, we are going to watch two little ones, it will be my first observation spectator and not a participant!

I am picking out my fabric this week, my daughter is buying them for me for my birthday! It was an easy answer, she always wants to get me something and I never know what to ask her for, so this is perfect!

It will be my Birthday table runner, of which I am sure I will give to her! The cycle of life ya?
    Marybeth, Are you going to any of the "Block Party" events while you are in Portland? I kind a wanted to do that.

Blog Entries
    Ok. Here are my pieces, laid out on my 4th fabric. I changed out one of my fabrics from my first post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cathy

Real nice Cathy. I like it, I need to go get mine done.

Ok got this setp done. Last little triangle I pressed I reached across the durn iron and burned my thumb knuckle. So dh gets to hang laundry when it comes out of the dryer. NO I did not do it on purpose Name:  first step table runner mystery.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  349.6 KB

oh oh burned thumbs! no wash for you! quick go back to sewing. washing is way to painful with a burnt thumb. just tell them I said so when they come looking for their laundry. point and smile
    Linda

Alright I have made an executive decision regarding my fabrics. I HATE BINS> too many layers. I need shelves or something so you can just go to see what you have. There I said it. two bins cant find crud in them unless I basically empty them again and getting tired of that too. they are too big. yuck. then my book shelf I am using is too small argh. I need like those long closet shelves all across could put things in basket, stacked folded easy to see by the selvege. I have to say it is making me royally grumpy. do I fold or sew? cant sew without folding how to find things. maybe I will just nap and forget it all. heck with it. (like that would solve anything).
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Alright I have made an executive decision regarding my fabrics. I HATE BINS> too many layers. I need shelves or something so you can just go to see what you have. There I said it. two bins cant find crud in them unless I basically empty them again and getting tired of that too. they are too big. yuck. then my book shelf I am using is too small argh. I need like those long closet shelves all across could put things in basket, stacked folded easy to see by the selvege. I have to say it is making me royally grumpy. do I fold or sew? cant sew without folding how to find things. maybe I will just nap and forget it all. heck with it. (like that would solve anything).
    i've found the easiest thing is to use an old set of drawers, then you can one or two colours per drawer... works for me...
    i have 2 sets of drawers, one for fq's etc, the other is used for jelly rolls, charm pks & layer cakes etc, and other things...
    Jacquie xxxxx

Quilters aren't greedy, they're just materialistic.

"Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    JannieGrace, to get all the icons, go to 'Forum Actions' in the aqua bar near the top of the page. Choose 'General Settings' from the dropdown box. Scroll way down to the bottom, choose 'Enhanced Interface WYSIWYG Editing'. Save changes and come back here to see if you have 15 icons with the picture third from the right.

Linda, you just confirmed my fear that I don't have enough contrast. I have a different print but I hate cutting a small amount off yardage until I know what a need it for. I emptied the bolt so I can't run back for more. Did you find the posting about Mango Salsa batiks? I posted it right after you asked. Mango Salsa seems to have quite a bit of yellow.

Darn, I have time to cut today - what to do? What to do?

I have a yummy cake in the fridge I'll share - white cake in a 9x13, jello poked in after baking, topped with frozen raspberries and the rest of the raspberry jello, then a thick layer of almond flavored pudding. the Coolwhip and nuts go on soon.

The HSTs posted so far are very pretty. I think I want at least 2/3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    JannieGrace, to get all the icons, go to 'Forum Actions' in the aqua bar near the top of the page. Choose 'General Settings' from the dropdown box. Scroll way down to the bottom, choose 'Enhanced Interface WYSIWYG Editing'. Save changes and come back here to see if you have 15 icons with the picture third from the right.
    Thank you so much, and yes, now I have the icons! Yay!

I did find the mango salsa.. still bores me. Thanks for looking it up. Found a bunch called sunshine in ebay where I said it wasnt and well not sure if its too bold. They wanted brown. Mango salsa is sorta cream/brownish with peach but this is my new NIECE not some frog I am making them things for. Speaking of which the outfit they chose to send pics of new baby she is in a green frog baby onsie (kid you not it has frog eyes on the toes) and then a moss brown hat. oh so.. frog like.

I just did my small pieces of fabric. part to donate part to share with a fellow quilter here and part to keep. ok, that takes care of.. 1/3 of the stuff. now the bigger things. the ones I cant figure out where to stack them. I want organization. I am the queen of organize it. then mess it up again. then I get frustrated and give it all away I get so grumpy. oh well one day at a time. I need to hit the bigger fabrics however to make a new combination of a/b fabrics. argh.
    Linda

My finished--Part 2. I really like how the colors look together so hope my fabrics work for this project.
    Name:  P1010007.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  1.28 MB
    I used my A and B fabrics for the 3 1/2 inch squares and B and C for the second part. Is that correct or should the 2nd part be from A and D?
    Last edited by gramquilter2; 03-17-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast