Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! >

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Old 03-09-2013, 01:28 PM

Default Problems!!!!!

Ok, I hate to do this but ...
Using my old laptop for this because I have everything on the new puter hooked up, cannot connect to the internet, my documents did not get transfered onto the new computer, nor did any of my pictures. And naturally, I cannot get help over the phone -- the computer voice at the Geek Squad says they cannot find my account - the one I already paid for!

So I think that I am just going to have to put this off for a week. I'm sorry, but give me a chance to stop crying and figure this thing out. So please check back on March16th -- hopefully by then I will have my problems solved.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:38 PM

I can't do the caffiene so I'm bringing some herbal teas to the club car to relax while waiting for the next clue. Going out to get some sushi soon anyone want me to bring some back?
Old 03-09-2013, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by NewYearsOld View Post
Oh, good! You are in luck Paulswalia! I do drink Coffee! I'm from Danville, 15 miles west of Burlington in Southeast Iowa. I will be watching for the 2nd clue. I don't have a Digital Camera to post a Picture of my Fabric, but I choose Fall Batiks that are, Orange, Orange with Pumpkins. and Purples.
Until I got to the part about Iowa I thought "Danville.....Burlington......we are only a half hour from each!" DUH - in Vermont, that is!
Old 03-09-2013, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaMary View Post
Going out to get some sushi soon anyone want me to bring some back?
Yes please, I have a nice red wine that will go well with it. Bummer we have to wait a week, but understand. I have started to use the USB sticks to store much of my docs. That way when the computer crashes I will still have my files. As long as I can find the little things. They seem to get smaller and smaller each year. My last ones are 1.5 by .5 inches, too easy to loose. The desk top is about 9 years old, just waiting for it to leave me high and dry, my laptop is 5 years old I think I am running on borrowed time.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:56 PM

No problem, Judy. It always happens this way. My computer crashed the day before we were leaving on vacation and I'd planned on doing some work on it. Just come on down to the club car for several glasses of wine and hit it again tomorrow. Like someone said earlier, it's not like most of us don't have anything else to do. We definitely don't want you to stress over this because we're having too much fun and it wouldn't be fair.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Ok, I hate to do this but ...
Using my old laptop for this because I have everything on the new puter hooked up, cannot connect to the internet, my documents did not get transfered onto the new computer, nor did any of my pictures. And naturally, I cannot get help over the phone -- the computer voice at the Geek Squad says they cannot find my account - the one I already paid for!

So I think that I am just going to have to put this off for a week. I'm sorry, but give me a chance to stop crying and figure this thing out. So please check back on March16th -- hopefully by then I will have my problems solved.

And I thought the Geek Squad were supposed to be so good! Judy, did you have a virus protector, our cable folks provide us with Norton. Btw, that Classic Plus program works for getting a Start Menu back!

Good luck and no crying, just take some deep breaths, look outside at the beauty and let it go for a day.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:34 PM

I have listened all over the qb and there are tons of people having issues with the new window 8. My mil just wrote to say she cant get her files transferred is having all sorts and it rang like all the complaints I am hearing. I lost EVERYTHING last year all my photos my ..everything important. gone. I asked everyone did you save anything I sent you and got about 5 percent sent to me. I would love to afford to upload to another server my important things. this way its in cyber safe space. so sorry and will patiently await it working again. hey hows about if you cant post pics you can post.. cutting?? you can borrow my computer no trouble at all!! drag Judy total drag for you. we will be here waiting.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:43 PM

Relax, Judy, we will be waiting for you when you are ready. It's a good thing there are no calories in cyper food or we'd all be getting rounder and rounder with all this yummy food.

How 'bout some spicy chili made with prime rib and topped with sour cream and avocado?
Old 03-09-2013, 03:07 PM

I am having trouble getting my picture to download. Here are my fabric choices. What do you think Judy. Good luck with the computer. I helped a neighbor set up a new laptop and I didn't care for windows 8 at all. Your backup files are probably on a separate drive. Anyway I hope so.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400751[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails resized.jpg  
Old 03-09-2013, 03:10 PM

Looks like it worked. I couldn't resize the photo in windows 7 so I used a free program called Irfanview, opened the file and resized it. I hope this helps someone else.