Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Thank you Judy and everyone else for the positive feedback I really do appreciate it
    I love all the runners so far can not wait to see more they all are so beautiful.
    I did try making mine at 4 1/8 but still came up short probably operator error so I had enough fabric to go back a 3rd time and cut them at 4 1/2 and then square them up to the size needed no worries the other to small ones can be made into something else and besides it helped us up so old stash I have had
    ​Christine

Quote Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac View Post
    I had the same problem; My solution was to trim all my blocks down to 3 1/4 inches. I will have to adjust things for the borders ....
    Same here...Just cut all those little squares down to 3 1/4 I ended up having extras so I am making mine a square topper with 4 blocks. Using D at 1.5 inches as sashing and first border. Got to work out the scrappy border now....

I did my A/C triangles again starting with a 5" square and ended up with ones plenty large enough to cut to 3 1/2" squares. Before sewing them together I played with the squares (because I like puzzles and it's like a puzzle!) and came up with 2 additional blocks layouts that I thing would look nice too. Might try another one of these at some point with one of the other designs. Thought I would share here. The first one is the original.
    Name:  Post IMG_7111.JPG
Views: 374
Size:  99.6 KB

Blog Entries
    those are great Leslie333......................except now I have to go to the candy store, the one that might have candycorn time of year !!!!!!

Here is my mystery table runner. I was originally going to make it be a specific holiday tablerunner. I could not decide which holiday to do. So, instead I bought this birthday fabric. It will be used a lot for each member of the family that has a birthday. It did not turn out exactly right, but I still enjoyed making it. I am sure I will be making more of these. I might even quilt this one myself. AGGHH- that's scary. Thanks Judy for a wonderful mystery. I have made all your mysteries. That is about the only way I actually finish anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry, made this years ago in a class and we didn't come away with a pattern. And I really don't remember how big the circles were cut for the petals - all I remember was that they were folded into quarters and gathered.
    I like it too, and wish I had written down the directions once I got home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood Quilter View Post
    Judy, I have admired your pincushion avatar. It is a pattern you can share? Thanks.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
    Here is my mystery table runner. I was originally going to make it be a specific holiday tablerunner. I could not decide which holiday to do. So, instead I bought this birthday fabric. It will be used a lot for each member of the family that has a birthday. It did not turn out exactly right, but I still enjoyed making it. I am sure I will be making more of these. I might even quilt this one myself. AGGHH- that's scary. Thanks Judy for a wonderful mystery. I have made all your mysteries. That is about the only way I actually finish anything.

LOL I love that Happy Birthday!! Everyone has such pretty runners in the works. I'll get mine done soon.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Grammy6 you are welcome.
    Last edited by Dogwood Quilter; 03-24-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: my goof

TADA...Here is mine. And yes I did the ends and corners that way on purpose. Thank you Judy. I love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Really nice Diva ... I love what you did with the ends and corners.
    Cathy

I finished mine this afternoon. For the corners, instead of cutting more of my prints I decided to use some of the too small quarter square triangle pieces, sewed them together into squares, and set them on point in the corners.

Thanks for the train ride, Judy! It's been fun.

Name:  Post IMG_7114.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  131.5 KB

Blog Entries
    I love all of the table runners. I guess I am sitting this one out. I have fabric picked out but haven't started yet.I have a baby quilt to finish and am on a deadline. My GS is due April 23rd. I still have a lot to do on it. I might come back and do it later. I will have to do the next one as I really enjoy them. I also am doing a mystery quilt for my quilt guild officers challenge. I am doing a Quilt of Valor. I have strips cut but need to keep up on that one too. We get one clue a month.

Blog Entries
    My car jumped the tracks ... and took a different path. I love the blocks in Judy's quilt, but when I turned them on point, I couldn't put them back straight. So, I diverged from the group

I guess this can still be a table runner ... or a wall hanging for a tall narrow spot. It is going to be fun putting the binding on (the white is not part of the piece.)

Name:  IMG_0210.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  575.0 KB
    Cathy

[QUOTE=cat-on-a-mac;5951385]My car jumped the tracks ... and took a different path. I love the blocks in Judy's quilt, but when I turned them on point, I couldn't put them back straight. So, I diverged from the group

I guess this can still be a table runner ... or a wall hanging for a tall narrow spot. It is going to be fun putting the binding on (the white is not part of the piece.)

Love your table runner/ wall hanging!!! How creative; really like the mini-blocks

Elke

Love your different direction, cat-on-a-mac! Great selection of fabrics as well.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Got one ready for quilting and the other I just have to sew on the borders and it will be ready. Fun ride, looking forward to the next one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    TADA...Here is mine. And yes I did the ends and corners that way on purpose. Thank you Judy. I love it.
    Diva your runner turned out beautiful I love the blend of fabrics so soft. Excellent
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac View Post
    My car jumped the tracks ... and took a different path. I love the blocks in Judy's quilt, but when I turned them on point, I couldn't put them back straight. So, I diverged from the group

Name:  IMG_0210.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  575.0 KB
    Nice alternative wall hanging.. I like.
    Have an awesome day!

Cathy, how creative you are. I love it.

Blog Entries
    Judy you did an awesome job designing this table runner. I have printed out the instructions and hope to be making one of these soon. I will be returning to Indiana in another month or so to bring my fabric stash to Arizona. All of my quilting fabric and such is a small truck load in and of itself. Will be fun to be reunited with my fabric collection and then I can finish up on the previous mystery train ride to this one. Thanks again for all your hard work. Always look forward to traveling on your Mystery Train.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    The runners have been turning out great. Love the Happy Birthday and Candy Corn. VERY creative Cat-on-a-mac. PokerDiva, your blue and cream is so peaceful. Jaba, your green and yellows have two totally different feels. The top one is my fav.

Jenniky, I used to know someone in Golden Valley -- yeah, I'm one of a few that even know where that is! LOL Are you living in both AZ and Indiana?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Judy you did an awesome job designing this table runner. I have printed out the instructions and hope to be making one of these soon. I will be returning to Indiana in another month or so to bring my fabric stash to Arizona. All of my quilting fabric and such is a small truck load in and of itself. Will be fun to be reunited with my fabric collection and then I can finish up on the previous mystery train ride to this one. Thanks again for all your hard work. Always look forward to traveling on your Mystery Train.

I love the selection and wow that birthday runner is so fun! and christmas and summer and ... ok I would like one of each please! order up!

Judy, these are such fun events to do these mystery quilts. They give us all a creative outlit same item different results as obvious by the posts being shown. And that opens the mind to oh wait! I should try this or I should try that.. what a gift truly what a gift you share. I think its like ... I want more I want more! and I am positive that is how all of us feel.

I like how completely different the on point block was made and the little corner pieces in the edges.. bravo ladies bravo. I spent the early morning finishing a top for quilt for quilters swap and let me share with you ....YAHOOO I have the top together just need a couple simple borders and I am ready to go on that. Long time coming.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Cat-on-a-mac, I would use the birthing method of backing this instead of binding. Much easier than mitering all those corners and if used for a table runner, glasses and dishes set better and don't tip. It is beautiful and very creative.

Iwantasew - by birthing method, do you mean where you sew right side together and turn inside out? If so, yes, that is what I would do, too.

FYI if anyone is interested, IMHO I have found that using Warm and Natural for runner batt doesn't make it too thick for something to sit on without tipping.

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast