Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Blog Entries
    It's okay to use the large print if, like Elisabrat, you want just the colors, but I couldn't cut up that darling birthday fabric.

An island or a Mexican resort sounds like a winner. We've had a lighter than usual winter, but March will bring the snowbanks looking dingy and I'm not a fan.

bear in the woods

I have to decide on A or B. And I can replace any of them. I need a runner for our table in the mountains and have it on my "to do list". The bonus in looking in a forgotten stash of fabrics for it I found a completed quilt top. I must have finished it before my last major back surgery in 2005 & it got buried. WhooHoo. Quite a bonus.
    Judy, which of the D fabrics would work better?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlover53 View Post
    I used the 3x5 but then I also did some manual cropping. I picked my size then I took the corners of the picture and made the picture smaller again by moving them in. For me it was trial and error whether it would fit, but this was my first time posting a picture. As you can see by my picture it is still overly large but it was less than maximum download size so it worked. I am going to see if there is an app like photoshop to do it better and let you know.
    Thanks, Sunlvr, you can always PM me. This is good inofrmation. I haven't used the crop feature much.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Elisabrat I like your 2 large prints and think they will look good cut into little pieces. I have my fabrics chosen. I have 5 picked out right now. I think there is enough of all of them to switch them around to different positions. I know I need to eliminate one. I keep staring at them and can't decide which one to eliminate. I won't have time to work on this weeks clue until Sunday or Monday. Saturday I have Weight Watchers at 8:30, I need to go to JoAnns for a case for my sewing machine before my retreat in 2 weeks. The closest JoAnns only has one that is huge. I have a quilt class from 11-2, near another JoAnns that has a good selection. I need groceries desperately and have to play poker Sat night.
    The sun hasn't really shined here in the past 2 weeks. We need to take this train to somewhere sunny.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    Attachment 400179 I have no idea why this is sideways while I'm posting, but it may be that it's like a kid...you know, at their worst in public. (Sometimes.) So here are my fabrics, my local quilt shop is happy, and I'm rarin' to go!! See you all Saturday. :-) Sorry the picture is so large...I have no idea how to make it smaller from my iPad. If you know how, please share.
    I'm also on IPad & have PhotoPad app to help downsize pics.have used it a few times.At 1st,would go to my photos to see if pic was smaller.It looked the same,but is smaller when e mailed or used on line.Hope that helps.

PS,your pic might
    be sideways if you were using the camera while holding iPad horizonical.Try vertical instead.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Here are my fabrics. They aren't in any special order at this point. I need to eliminate one of them. Right now I am pretty sure I am going to take the last one out. Looking forward to starting.
    Pat

I have had my fabs picked out and kept forgetting to post! So just before I sign off tonite (this morning 12:33am) I am going to post my fabs..Judy what do you think? I've done all the mysteries except the last one, have the instructions, may do it someday....but love the other ones. I love tablerunners..

Looking forward to next step.

Hugs
    Jean

Name:  Colors for Mystery 5.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  234.0 KB

Jean can I steal your green fabric? that is great! and the gold dots? I want to steal that one too. who makes the green one? I think its perfect for so many projects I can think of.. that is stuff I could look at over and over and never get tired of. very pretty runner you will have. lots of pretty runners I think will show up. yeah I wouldt want to cut up the one posted first with big people like not cutting off heads or anything (bad plan) but most of these would be ok cut up even birthday one but maybe that could be saved for the backing. I assume the fabric included backing when it was posted?? or that is one big runner. so bigger patterns then could be used for the back if need be and well.. Judy usually doesnt give it all a way in the first instructions for cutting so at that point one could decide which is the focal fabric. unless she mixes it up so much we are cutting binding first lol. good question though Judy are the fabrics for the front only or for the whole project? because my minds eye was picking from my groups the backing out of them each time.. I flip mine all the time.. so if not I need to go pick backing too. nah I have about 2 yrds of most of each of them. oodles of fabric.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

see if you have paint app. you can downsize anything in there. I don't know squat about phones. Mine's so old that all I do is call in a bamergency if needed. Retta from warming, slowly, Florida

Blog Entries
    meanmom, I love the colors in the first four. Oksewnsew, those are going to be gorgeous together. Like Linda, I like the green and the shimmery gold. My Christmas fabrics are extremely dated so I haven't considered them. The tiny holly on white type of thing from the early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Good morning, all.

Ok, here is what I need to say about fabric choices:

First of all, all the fabrics posted since I was on yesterday are great. But I am still having a problem with scale -- You have to remember this is a runner, it will have smaller pieces. So, that said, think about how those huge scale fabrics will end up -- for the most part, you will not see the pattern, and if it is abusy print with lots of colors, it will end up looking like ...not sure if you could call it scrappy.
    Oops! I was going by the fabrics you posted -- the focus fabric looks fairly large scale. So, what kind of scale should we be aiming for if the fabric is an overall pattern?

Elisabrat, I recently got the green at Hancock fabrics, for another project but didn't use it...If you can't find it, I would be glad to see if we still have it here and send you some. The 'gold' pc is by Robert Kaufman, Fusions #6582, but it's 'old'...I couldn't find it online but RK has come out with lots more Fusions that have the similar look. Glad you liked my choices. Thanks for all comments..

Sew Hugs
    Jean

Blog Entries
    . Love the green & gold fabric posted by Jean,so pretty. Now to see if this will fly.Keeps telling me message is too short.What 's that about ?
    Pat

while we await the next step, let's indulge in a dessert bar
    we need hamantaschen, Irish soda bread, chocolate painted matzoh, Italian Easter bread and peeps!!
    Dotty in NYC

Yes, peeps! But I like mine a little aged, they must be nice and chewy. Would anyone like some Welsh cookies, sour cherry or the traditional current?

Blog Entries
    table runner for the 4th
    Name:  001.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  321.0 KB

Is anyone else using windows 8 and if so are you having trouble uploading pictures? I had to go to my old computer to finally upload this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    table runner for the 4th

Is anyone else using windows 8 and if so are you having trouble uploading pictures? I had to go to my old computer to finally upload this.
    I'm using Windows 8. I haven't had any problems, although I don't like what Windows 8 has for editing pictures, I need Photoshop back. lol
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

OKsew - great fabrics! If I may make a suggestion, IMHO if from left to right you have the A on the far left, perhaps you night switch the print to B and the gold to A.

Whitepine - this will be fantastic!

OMG I thought I was the only one who opened the pkg of Peeps and let them get stale! Yup. best when they are chewy!

Update on the puter porblems -- desktop not worth fixing. Bought an all-in-one instead of a new desktop or laptop, they will transfer all data and set it up and I should have it back some time tomorrow. I will post something at 8:00 MST, either the next posting, or to tell you when you should try back for the instructions.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Quote Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
    Yes, peeps! But I like mine a little aged, they must be nice and chewy. Would anyone like some Welsh cookies, sour cherry or the traditional current?
    Traditional currant, please. And to make this truly international, I'm providing some pecan pralines and bunuelos from Mexico.

OK Judy, likea this? Thanks for your help..

Jean

Name:  Mystery 5.JPG
Views: 310
Size:  266.8 KB

I have two basic colors, burbundy and black, in the print, and it all runs together with all the colors well mixes so even when cut, you see all the colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    Oops! I was going by the fabrics you posted -- the focus fabric looks fairly large scale. So, what kind of scale should we be aiming for if the fabric is an overall pattern?

I'm trying to cut down on sweets, but a good Margarita sounds wonderful! Blended, with salt, please

Oksew - Ok you got it! I think you will be ha;pier with it this way.

My choices

A-D, left to right?
    Dotty in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    table runner for the 4th
    Name:  001.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  321.0 KB

White Pine--I love your fabric!

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast