Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: APRIl 1st, 2011 BOM Spring Birhouse pictures.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquie
    got mine done today, ohhhh!!! i had sew much fun!!!

i LOVED making the bird house!! it was sew cute!!!
    I love the leaves you've added to your cute, cute birdhouse!

Blog Entries
    Please, please don't shoot me for changing this month's house a bit...while I loved the idea of birdhouses, I still needed to keep it similar to my other blocks as DH thinks he needs this as a quilt for him when done! LOL! So it took a LOT of thinking of how I could stay true to the birdhouse theme and still make the block fit for my quilt...this is what I came up with...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by francesrose
    I have finished my birdhouse. I have cardinals by the house but they do not nest in a house. I have several birdhouses in my yard and I have niver seen a bird nest there. Loved the block. Much fun to make.
    all of the bird houdes are really great. Here is mine. I donot know why my camers turns them on their side or upside down. I think they look better in reality than in the pictures. The roof really stands out.
    I love your cardinals!! I'm planning on having cardinals on my block, too! Mine will be a winter scene -- after all, it sure seems like winter is in absolutely NO hurry to leave us here in Michigan!! :evil:

BTW: just in case I haven't done so already: welcome to the QB from southeastern Michigan!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquie
    got mine done today, ohhhh!!! i had sew much fun!!!

i LOVED making the bird house!! it was sew cute!!!
    I love the addition of the leaves!! Very cute!!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked
    Here is my Spring Birdhouse. I tried to change the top but it didn't turn out very good. Plan on making a different block. I love the way the BOM pushes me to try different methods of making blocks. This is my first attempt at applique. I was really putting off doing the applique and it was alot easier than I thought it would be.
    Your block turned out so nice!!! I love the contrasting wings on your beautiful red birdies!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts
    Please, please don't shoot me for changing this month's house a bit...while I loved the idea of birdhouses, I still needed to keep it similar to my other blocks as DH thinks he needs this as a quilt for him when done! LOL! So it took a LOT of thinking of how I could stay true to the birdhouse theme and still make the block fit for my quilt...this is what I came up with...
    How very clever of you!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked
    Here is my Spring Birdhouse. I tried to change the top but it didn't turn out very good. Plan on making a different block. I love the way the BOM pushes me to try different methods of making blocks. This is my first attempt at applique. I was really putting off doing the applique and it was alot easier than I thought it would be.
    OMGoodness!! :thumbup: Another great Spring Birdhouse block. I love the birds that you applique'd, too. I think you did a very good job. I am getting excited for the May block to come out. It won't be to long now!!
    :D :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    WOW!! :thumbup: You did very good & don't worry about someone shooting you for changing it!! :D That is one thing that is so wonderful about the BOM. The blocks are for us & we can make them anyway we want to. Keep up up the great work. I love the three birdhouses you have added.

Clever idea!

Blog Entries
    Love the birdhouses. :):):)

Bout time I got my birdhouse finished, it's been half done for awhile but just couldn't get the motivation to do the applique!

I have a love hate relationship with applique - love it when someone else does it, hate it when I do it .....

Anyhow here it is, I did change the roof as well!

Blog Entries
    Very cute Carolyn!

Adorable! This is what it's all about...take an idea and make it your own!

Quote Originally Posted by Crlyn
    Bout time I got my birdhouse finished, it's been half done for awhile but just couldn't get the motivation to do the applique!

I have a love hate relationship with applique - love it when someone else does it, hate it when I do it .....

Now there is a bird house any bird would love!

community benefactor francesrose's Avatar
    great idea. show pictures of others so we can see how they work together. you are so talented to be able to change the pattern Love your block

I'm addicted to checking to see what everyone is doing! Love the designs and creativity that everyone brings to these little blocks. I'm a very "stay within the lines" person when it comes to piecing, but you all are inspiring me to edge outside the lines a little. I love it!

Love all the bird houses...everyone is doing a great job!

Blog Entries

Great changes to your Spring Birhouse!! :thumbup: You did a nice job with your applique' too. I really like the soft colors of spring that you chose to use.

I did a bit of a rush job on this one :oops:
    I don't like it when I get behind a month :hunf:
    Stitching around the dresden top will be what I do before I put it with the rest of the blocks.

Just finished this months star also. :-D

Nice! Both of them.

Blog Entries

Love it!!! :thumbup:

Okay finally got my Birdhouse completed, really liked this block was fun to do.

Birdhouse Block
    Name:  Attachment-186998.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  37.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Heathers
    I did a bit of a rush job on this one :oops:
    I don't like it when I get behind a month :hunf:
    Stitching around the dresden top will be what I do before I put it with the rest of the blocks.

Just finished this months star also. :-D
    Wow!! :thumbup: You made two blocks to share with all of us. I love your birdhouse block & the pretty flowers at the bottom. Nice work & I also like your new star block. You are way ahead of me with your star!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kreinhart742
    Okay finally got my Birdhouse completed, really liked this block was fun to do.
    Purple & Blues, I just love it!! :thumbup: What a wonderful Spring Birdhouse you have put together, too. It just keeps getting more & more exciting to see the next blocks that are being made. Soon we will be ready for May's choice!!

Very cute Carolyn!
    Thank you! :D

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast