Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2013 block of the month - Florida Star - Photos

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    Beautiful work on this block, thanks for the link.
    have read this three times...don't see the link with the pattern...help?
    have been happily divorced from the same guy for 39 years now! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by oldpiglady View Post
    This is the thread for the pictures of finished blocks. The link is the thread labeled "December block of the month". Sorry but I forgot to add pattern & instructions to the header.

Quote Originally Posted by oldpiglady View Post
    Here you go. http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...ml#post6433145

Very pretty block MamaHen. I love how you centered the print on the dark triangles.

Jaba your quilt is very pretty. I like how you placed the blocks, with the two with the largest background centered.
    :-)
    CAS

This is pretty, I love the crisp modern look of it. I would like to make mine "QAYG" but I'm wondering how since there is not much border to work with?

Quote Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
    Finished the final block. Now hopefully I'll get a chance to start getting it together. I'm doing a quilt as you go, but I only have about 4 quilted. But I really am looking forward to the finished product so once I get started I won't quit until I'm done.
    CAS

Power Poster
    Very pretty....

Blog Entries
    Jaba, there are 6 divisions in it, so just make each division 3 inches square. That shouldn't be too hard to draft. Good luck, it should turn out beautiful, as pretty as your BOM quilt.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    dedemac sent it to me. She has a program to enlarge it so am going to try it 1st with just some muslin and make sure it sews to the right size before I cut into my metalics. Better safe than sorry. Just haven't had time yet.....last night we had a snow storm from h---. Power on and off at least 7 times then just off. Took all the memory out of my wireless printer and fax so have been trouble shooting that all morning and just finally had to do the uninstall and install everything again. What a pain, almost 2 p.m. here and I haven't even made the bed. I better get busy fast.

klgreene, wonderful green & black block, way to go!

Yay! I did it! It took me hours to re-sew the seams and try to make the points match up. I'm taking the fun out of it by worrying too much. I might put this quilt in my living room so I want it to be as good as possible. Does anyone have advice on how to QAYG these particular blocks? The blocks are not all the same sizes and some don't seem to even have 1/4" along the edges to join to other fabric without losing the design.

I'll probably put sashing in, but may have to buy some fabric that will contrast with all the black. I guess I'll lay them all out and go from there.

Name:  Dec2013.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  116.9 KB
    CAS

Here's my blocks for the year. I'm thinking about putting black sashing around all the blocks and then sizing them, and then deciding whether to put another color between or what. I'm also deciding if I should embroider or applique some designs around the heart and pinwheel since they have so much blank space. I may do QAYG too.

I need to design how to quilt them too, like what design. I bought a new embroidery machine, but I don't know how to use it. If anyone has one, can I put the blocks in there and embroider them?

I appreciate any suggestions and help!

Is there a Block of the Month 2013 Pictures thread? I found the invite thread but not one for finished quilts. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all do with your pretty blocks!

Name:  WholeBOTM (Medium).jpg
Views: 221
Size:  101.7 KB
    CAS

Blog Entries
    Hi Everyone............I finally got my December BOM done for 2013. It's hard to believe that this year is coming to an end, but my calendar says it is. I am looking forward to 2014 & wondering what our theme will be for next year!! How exciting!! Here is a picture of my December block & all of my blocks for the year. Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Very pretty! It's going to make a nice Spring colors quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Hi Everyone............I finally got my December BOM done for 2013. It's hard to believe that this year is coming to an end, but my calendar says it is. I am looking forward to 2014 & wondering what our theme will be for next year!! How exciting!! Here is a picture of my December block & all of my blocks for the year. Enjoy.
    CAS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Very pretty! It's going to make a nice Spring colors quilt!
    Thank you so much CAS. I think I will put it together for my grand daughter. I think she would love it. Also, your December bock turned out so pretty & I love all of your block's put together. Do you have someone designated to make your quilt for? These BOM projects are always so fun to do. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us here on the Quiting Board.

Blog Entries
    Mamahen and Jaba love both of your blocks. Its chilly outside so good day to spend working on quilt projects. Will check back later today with a picture of my block hopefully.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    KL love the contrast in your block... super job on the fussy cutting.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    CAS wow... love all of your blocks. I look forward to seeing what you select for your sashing color. If you used black it seems to me that it would make the designs pop out more in the individual blocks. That is just one view I can see. No matter this is one exquisite quilt.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    How wonderful your quilt blocks all turned out. Does this quilt have some little girls name on it for Christmas? So very sweet and soft and cozy I see in this quilts future.
    Have an awesome day!

Love how everyone's blocks are looking, I finished mine today while listening to some older Pat Sloan radio talks. Name:  Dec 2013 thimble002_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 182
Size:  66.2 KB and all the blocks sitting together, will decide on sashing soon. Name:  Dec 2013 thimble004_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 179
Size:  59.3 KB

Love the way these quilts are turning out!

Blog Entries
    Quilts looking awesome Thimblebug
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    How wonderful your quilt blocks all turned out. Does this quilt have some little girls name on it for Christmas? So very sweet and soft and cozy I see in this quilts future.
    Thank you Jenniky, yes this little quilt has my grand daughter's name on it, but not for Christmas. I am thinking for her birthday this coming year. I am so impressed with how all of the quilt blocks have turned out this year & I can't find a single one that I wouldn't love to have. Marvelous job to all!!

now comes the fun..... picking off the paper to some of these blocks, yuck! I'm trying to read postings while picking out paper.... not my favourite sport!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Did get some work on it done, have to add some borders though to make it large enough. Here it is with some done this weekend.Name:  DSCF1728.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  1.22 MB

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    now comes the fun..... picking off the paper to some of these blocks, yuck! I'm trying to read postings while picking out paper.... not my favourite sport!
    Thimblebug, I use Ricky Tims "Stable Stuff Poly" which doesn't need to be torn off. It runs right through the printer easily when attached to sheet of paper with glue stick just along the top edge. Highly recommend for those that love to p/p.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast