Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Blog Entries
    This sounds like fun! I'm going to join in and see what I can come up with too Thanks for this 'Brat and Jaba
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I like the yellow one too brat, it could be stunning! After you left today I found this funky blue. I've never done a blue and "green"...what do you all think?Name:  DSCF1742.JPG
Views: 1558
Size:  1.26 MB

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Oh my goodness just saw this I told myself I was not going to start any new quilts in 2014 as my UFO list is out of hand but this sounds so fun. I am in can't wait until January 1st now decisions I have a couple of ideas we will see which one is the chosen starter.
    ​Christine

welcome Christine! we cant wait to see what you might come up with!

Jaba wow that is one cool block. I think its so wild it could really work. however, wishing you would use that blue and brown jewelry southwestern quilt block that one just says USE ME! lol ok do two what the heck. or three you move so fast you could have three going at one time..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the confidence brat, Bill just looked at them and told me that turquoise and gold medallion type quilt WAS staying at this house. I was surprised, think he likes it a lot too!! After all, when we went to Billings the other day and were in the Bernina quilt shop, he picked out the gold and brown fabric and said you need to get this too. So nice to have a hubby that likes your hobby!

I would love to join in too. I've just been looking at your earlier thread and the quilts are beautiful. I was thinking a panel but after seeing the gorgeous centres used I'm going to make my own too.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Attachment 452063

this is one center I have made, a theme based on my Moms favorite things.. memory quilt. these were her favorite flowers.
    I love the idea of this pink one, but have no idea how to make it as far as size of each square of half square triangle. This one finishes to what size? Love it

jaba, love the funky blue and green block! I think it would make an awesome medallion quilt!!!

I would have started this group earlier but thinking Christmas is way too busy for everyone and well a new year a new project .. and it really is amazing how these things grow. I bet you could get all three of those done Jan and wow what examples you could share I wonder if you could share with us the name of the border book you just got, it had a red and white binding edge? I loved the options in there. Now to find how to get those borders free here on the internet so we can all use them
    Linda

I'm in on this one. I have some "practice blocks" that I can choose from, but might just try something different. I have a quilting buddy that I will try to work with as well.

Blog Entries
    I want to try this one. Looks very interesting.

Blog Entries
    Love this idea!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I would like to sign up. Is there a special spot to sign-up at?
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?
    Kathy

I would love to join in. I have a batik painted panel of zebras that I really want to use in a wall hanging.

Count me in too. I already have a center medallion type block that I don't know what to do with, so this might just be the incentive to get it used & finished.

So many beautiful ideas. I could really see getting hung up on this style of quilt. I'm sticking to my original idea since it has been in my head for a long time but this won't be my last medallion.

Please count me in! Starting after the 1st of the year is ideal, I will be in Alabama at this time and this will be my first project after we arrive. There is a quilt store that I just love in Pensacola and I will buy my fabric there, can't wait!

Jan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
    I love the idea of this pink one, but have no idea how to make it as far as size of each square of half square triangle. This one finishes to what size? Love it
    You can use any pattern, if you find a quilt in a book that you like, just use the center, google free quilt block patterns or go to Quilter's Cache and see if you find one that you like. If it's not the right size just add a border or two, that's what I did with all of these that I have shown..if you like scrappy just make a crazy block center, skies the limit and anything works. All of the block patterns will give you cutting instructions and sizes then you're on the way. OMG then it's brat's and my turn to try and give you border sizes to cut and sew. I better quit making centers and start thinking of borders.

Blog Entries
    Getting ready to cuddle up in my big chair with books magazines and thoughts of a center. Would love to do an appliqued center but haven't a clue what I want.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    I love that pink one Elizabrat, what is the name of that pattern? Jaba, that blue and green one is beautiful. I'm glad we have some time to pick the center.

Just read about this sew along and wish to sign up. How do I do that?
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Babylock Ellegante, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Elna 945
    Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
    Just read about this sew along and wish to sign up. How do I do that?
    That is the beauty, there isn't a sign up. This is all individual and doing your own thing.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Hello again, as I've never done this before with a group, let me see if I have this correct. The blocks will be put on this thread each month and we can choose which of the two blocks we want to do. We can pick our fabrics also. I have this thread set up so I'll be notified whenever there is something added to it. Hope this works for me as I stated before I'm new to something like this venture.

Thanks again.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Babylock Ellegante, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Elna 945
    Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

zebras could be pretty darned cool my blocks as asked earlier are 24.5 inches. Its bigger more work but I want a bigger than a crib size/wall hanging size quilt so I went for the larger size It makes a very nice large lap quilt that if added onto after we finish would make an easy twin to finish out. Just adding top and bottom borders could change it up real quick. and those could be done in a row pattern design to sort of keep with the theme or simply solids less on top and more on the bottom I love these and now to decide guess if I use the pink here I can continue with the necessary fabrics and use the yellow on my other round robin and let everyone go for it.. or vice versa. I will roll out the red carpet on mine on January 1st so we will see. I bet there will be so many different color combos and wonderful surprises coming up soon. Yahoo!
    Linda

I just got the link & I can tell this is going to be another active thread...so I'm in! Now to catch up on all the reading...

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast