Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt >

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Old 01-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

Great to see you back with us TDT .... how's the packing going?
Be sure to check in with us on the two threads for A Beauty and A Dandy ... one for photos, the other thread for discussion!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:42 AM

Default I have just ordered the book ...

Not that I've finished the Farmer's Wife quilt from the last journey yet, but am at least hopeful that somewhere in the upcoming months I can get started quilting again. I so loved the journey w/the Farmers Wife quilt & I miss having it decorate my designer wall while it was growing. Actually I think I have 6 blocks to go to finish that one, but it is currently hanging in my classroom as I have been teaching a very small HS class to create a sampler quilt (geometry in the planning ya know! . That's as close as I've gotten to quilting in months. My longarm has been unplugged since last August's monsoon power outages, and I have yet to really start w/the real cleaning out process since DH's death last May.

I am doing well, reconnecting w/an HS BF at our 40th reunion in October actually, so life is treating me fairly well all things considered, just busy as any f/t teaching job is. Miss you all & hoping I can at least get better about getting here to watch everyone else's progress. Haven't been here in months either so hoping this new format doesn't throw me off...
Old 01-08-2012, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by auntjo View Post
Not that I've finished the Farmer's Wife quilt from the last journey yet, but am at least hopeful that somewhere in the upcoming months I can get started quilting again. I so loved the journey w/the Farmers Wife quilt & I miss having it decorate my designer wall while it was growing. Actually I think I have 6 blocks to go to finish that one, but it is currently hanging in my classroom as I have been teaching a very small HS class to create a sampler quilt (geometry in the planning ya know! . That's as close as I've gotten to quilting in months. My longarm has been unplugged since last August's monsoon power outages, and I have yet to really start w/the real cleaning out process since DH's death last May.

I am doing well, reconnecting w/an HS BF at our 40th reunion in October actually, so life is treating me fairly well all things considered, just busy as any f/t teaching job is. Miss you all & hoping I can at least get better about getting here to watch everyone else's progress. Haven't been here in months either so hoping this new format doesn't throw me off...
Oh auntjo, so glad you stopped by! It sounds like you are keeping very busy, and that is good! Sorry about your quilting slow down, you know you can "hop on the trail" any time you want. Just start where we are on Pony Club at ANY time! Come by the current week's photos and enjoy the process with us.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:02 PM

Alas, I have not finished my FWQ yet; need to complete all the slashing for the king size of 142 blocks. But I am doing the pony quilt, just completed the first two blocks tonight a week late.

Glad to see you back with us, auntjo, and hope you drop in again. A big {{{{Hug}}} for you with all your problems of last year. May this be a better year for you. QNS

Last edited by QuiltingNinaSue; 01-08-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 01-09-2012, 03:22 PM

Hi Auntjo great to hear from you. This is like having a reunion, hope you can join us soon
Old 01-11-2012, 06:15 AM

The first block is kicking my rear. I hate y seams. I am taking a deep breath and redoing it....... and redoing it..... and redoing it..... I will overcome...... I will overcome...... hopefully soon!!!!! lol (It's a good thing I wanted to try the first block before starting time. At this rate, I will be left far behind)

Blessings!
Carole
Old 01-11-2012, 06:47 AM

Take a deep breath Carsey, and remember not all 90 blocks have a Y seam in them! It reminded me of a 45 degree turn on bindings of quilts. Mine is not perfect, but our three year old grandson will not notice how perfect it is, just the overall effect of the blocks. Enjoy the ride and smile; this too shall pass. Do not slip up on the pony patties on the trail...lol!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
The first block is kicking my rear. I hate y seams. I am taking a deep breath and redoing it....... and redoing it..... and redoing it..... I will overcome...... I will overcome...... hopefully soon!!!!! lol (It's a good thing I wanted to try the first block before starting time. At this rate, I will be left far behind)

Blessings!
Carole
Carsey ... patience and you will succeed. Come on over to the threads for each week. The ladies have been sharing lots of good tips as to how they are doing the blocks. There just might be something there that will help you.

Here's a link to the Archives to help you find those threads. The week one links are items #5 and 6 on the list. Week two are #1 and 2. If someone starts a new BOW/BOM thread, then they will move down the list.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/sitemap/f-9.html
Old 01-12-2012, 06:46 AM

[QUOTE=Carsey;4863853]The first block is kicking my rear. I hate y seams. I am taking a deep breath and redoing it....... and redoing it..... and redoing it..... I will overcome...... I will overcome...... hopefully soon!!!!! lol (It's a good thing I wanted to try the first block before starting time. At this rate, I will be left far behind)

Blessings!

Carsey, how are you piecing the block?? I english pp'ed min and will not do that again. I think the best way would be to use freezer paper for the templates...trim away the seam allowance. press the tempplates to the fabric and add your seam allowance a little bigger than the 1/4" allowance then cut out your templates...pin the points and then sew to that point..backstitch..put needledown into the seam..pivot the fabric.. lifting the top piece and match the points on the next intersection and then sew to that next point. The top piece should be laying flat with the previous section sewn folded but not creased. using the backstitch (just one stitch) anchors the point so that when you open and press that area the point will not be puckered or rounded.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:58 AM

!!!YAY!!! I received my book!

boy... the info on the disc sure is confusing the way the templates are labeled its hard to figure out which are for which method, am I missing a simple way to tell them apart???

I know Im always trying to be difficult here... I would like to do a different size than 8", but Im having a difficult time trying to figure out how to do that with the PDF files. does anyone have ideas?