Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Sampler - Discussion Page for Week 2, Blocks 3 and 4 >

The Farmer's Wife Sampler - Discussion Page for Week 2, Blocks 3 and 4

The Farmer's Wife Sampler - Discussion Page for Week 2, Blocks 3 and 4

Old 08-10-2010, 09:56 PM

Here is the new discussion page for blocks 3 & 4. Enjoy
Muriel
Old 08-11-2010, 06:24 AM

I found that templats 6 and 9 for the basket block from the ones I downloaded were off. But, the ones are the cd were perfect. I saw a few others had this problem also.

Anyone else have this problem, try printing them from the cd instead.

I'm going to redo my basket. I tried to machine applique it and killed it, LOL!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:19 AM

templates from the DOWNLOAD 4 and 7 are not correct.
4 should be a square of the same width as the wrong template, and 7... I dont really know how much I trimmed off, I lined up the point side, stitched it across and trimmed off the extra, about 1/4 of an inch or a little more.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:20 AM

you can look at the other template pages to find one the correct size instead of printing again.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:13 AM

Template #3 for Attic Windows is the same template you need to use for what is showing as #7 for the Basket.

I copied the templates from the multi page download.

I made the rectangles 1 1/2 " for the Basket Weave. Even tho I was really careful, I had to do some innovative trimming and use some scant 1/4" seams. It came out fine.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Template #3 for Attic Windows is the same template you need to use for what is showing as #7 for the Basket.

I made the rectangles 1 1/2 " for the Basket Weave. Even tho I was really careful, I had to do some innovative trimming and use some scant 1/4" seams. It came out fine.
Hi, I rechecked Templates # 3 and #7 just to make sure and they are NOT the same size. In the blocks you are looking at it may appear to be the same size but they are not the same size. The short sides of both triangles butt up to different sized squares.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
4 should be a square of the same width as the wrong template, and 7... I dont really know how much I trimmed off, I lined up the point side, stitched it across and trimmed off the extra, about 1/4 of an inch or a little more.
Which download are you referring to?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
Which download are you referring to?
the download from Lauries blog, each page with all of the templates for each block.

that is what I printed out thinking would be easier than the cd... boy was I wrong!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek

Thank You for the info :D
Old 08-12-2010, 02:32 PM

I am posting this here, being this is the now current discussion page for those who are no longer watching week 1.

Patrice,
Thank you for your comments I hope that clears some of the confusion.
Kathleen, I do realize there seems to be a lot of pages here but if you will look they will say Week 1, Blocks 1&2, Week 2 Blocks 3&4 etc., same for the discussion pages, Week 1, blocks 1&2 etc. The reason for this is because if we don't separate them each week then down the road you would have to sort through 100's of pages to find 1 block pattern or 1 specific comment, so this may seem confusing at the moment but when you consider this project will probably be on going for a year or more it really is less so in the long term.

Also I was looking at the activity page that Norbana has created, we now have 50 participants whom have p.m'd their name, state to her to add so we can have an idea who is working along with us. I know there are many more, but again this information is totally volunteer its just fun to be able to glance and see howmany are here. If you have made your choices you might also want to add what fabrics you are using for your quilt.
Wow Q-Bird, you truly are ahead of the game here. I briefly discussed with Norbana about having participants post when they met certain milestones like 10, 25, 50 etc. and we're trying to think of a way we can like add a gold star to their screen name or signature line or something. I'm not sure yet but obviously you've blown the first one out of the water and pretty darn near the 25 mark. Way to go....
perhaps you could post a group picture for us to see even tho most of us are not so motivated....

The poll/vote page will be up sometime over the weekend for
Name the FAQ column.
Muriel