Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt-Along Week 6 Photos for Blocks 11 & 12 >

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt-Along Week 6 Photos for Blocks 11 & 12

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt-Along Week 6 Photos for Blocks 11 & 12

Old 09-14-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Oh WOW Evie, those are stunning! I love your reds and creams! Are you doing the whole quilt in this colorway? It will be amazing, I'm sure. Please, please, please post pictures of earlier blocks on their threads. Lots of us love to see all the latest ones that get posted. It's not too late and won't crowd those threads at all. Hope to see more of your pictures soon!

Here are my 11 & 12. Not so crazy about the stripes in 12. If I have enough fabric left over at the end I may redo this one. As much as I love this fabric line, I'm questioning the wisdom (or lack thereof!) of having 1/2 my fabrics either large print or stripes. :oops: :oops: Hadn't considered that ahead of time. Still, I'll continue on and hope it all balances out in the end.
Evie, Please post your blocks. I'm going to post mine if I ever find my camera. I found the book, I hope I'm getting closer.

And, I love the stripes in block 12.

keep on sewing!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:43 PM

Oh WOW Evie, those are stunning! I love your reds and creams! Are you doing the whole quilt in this colorway? It will be amazing, I'm sure. Please, please, please post pictures of earlier blocks on their threads. Lots of us love to see all the latest ones that get posted. It's not too late and won't crowd those threads at all. Hope to see more of your pictures soon!

Here are my 11 & 12. Not so crazy about the stripes in 12. If I have enough fabric left over at the end I may redo this one. As much as I love this fabric line, I'm questioning the wisdom (or lack thereof!) of having 1/2 my fabrics either large print or stripes. :oops: :oops: Hadn't considered that ahead of time. Still, I'll continue on and hope it all balances out in the end.

I think the stripes look great !!!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:43 PM

Thanks MJ. Hope your camera turns up soon. I'd love to see your blocks - you are so talented and I'm sure they're fantastic.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:45 PM

Thank you Honchey. I think I'm feeling they're a bit busy. I tried the stripes all going one direction but didn't want to fight with getting them all lined up just right. I'm guessing that overall in the quilt, the block will blend right in. I may just need time to get used to it as is.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:05 PM

Thank you Honchey. I think I'm feeling they're a bit busy. I tried the stripes all going one direction but didn't want to fight with getting them all lined up just right. I'm guessing that overall in the quilt, the block will blend right in. I may just need time to get used to it as is.
I'm going to try a bunch of these blocks in xmas and orientals. I've found some light neutrals in xmas print. They're usually very hard to get in more than a couple of patterns. I lucked out today in South Carolina. I have to post my 3 threads in one hour then close up & pack the cp. We're going home tomorrow--uggh!! 12 hours of traveling!!! my backside is getting sore already just thinking about it.. Goodnite All , Anne
Old 09-14-2010, 05:05 PM

Here are my 11 & 12. Not so crazy about the stripes in 12. If I have enough fabric left over at the end I may redo this one. As much as I love this fabric line, I'm questioning the wisdom (or lack thereof!) of having 1/2 my fabrics either large print or stripes. :oops: :oops: Hadn't considered that ahead of time. Still, I'll continue on and hope it all balances out in the end.[/quote]

Sew Cornie, this is my favorite #12 so far
:thumbup: I am having a hard time picking the fabric for this one because I just don't "see" this pattern do you know what I mean? Yours makes sense! I am really impressed that you got it all to line up so well. To me it looks like a beautiful trellis.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:43 PM

Somehow I missed this post. Here are my 11 & 12.

Broken Dishes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108193[/ATTACH]

Broken Sugar Bowl
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108194[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108188.jpe   attachment-108189.jpe  
Old 09-14-2010, 07:47 PM

I'd like to see the rest of Evie's blocks, too; these ones are great.

sew cornie: Your blocks ALL look good, including the stripes in block 12. So far, I have several blocks I'm not really thrilled with (we're not "there" yet as a group, so they will be posted in future), but the thought of re-doing any of them just makes me ill.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:07 PM

Andii, you just made my day! :mrgreen: Thank you for your lovely words. Looks like I've been outvoted here and #12 will be staying as-is.

weezie, at the average of 2 hours per block, it is very icky to think of having to do any over again. I completely agree. I would imagine that as long as one block isn't a "sore thumb", all will blend well in the end.

auntjo, your blocks are beautiful! I especially like your plaid in #12 - very pretty. :thumbup:
Old 09-15-2010, 06:06 AM

I love the stripes. I think a little spices things up. It would be hard to look at if you had tons of stripes. I love it

:lol: :lol: