Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
FW Medallion BOTW Schedule, Photos, and Discussion >

FW Medallion BOTW Schedule, Photos, and Discussion

FW Medallion BOTW Schedule, Photos, and Discussion

Old 03-02-2021, 11:57 AM

This thing is really getting big, it would not fit on my display wall. I am still enjoying doing my 2 blocks a week. Last night I printed out the templates for March blocks. We are back to 8" blocks, the last round was 6".
Attached Thumbnails fw-homestead2r.jpg  
Old 03-02-2021, 12:43 PM

JeanieG, That's totally amazing. It really does look big. Can't wait to see the top finished
Old 03-02-2021, 02:07 PM

Thank you Caley - I wish more people were working on this challenge like in the "olden" days. It is so much more fun if working with a group and showing the blocks that we have done weekly!
Old 03-02-2021, 03:03 PM

I'd like to try someday. I don't know anything about paper piecing. And I doubt I have enough variety of fabric to do something with so many colors and patterns.

Guess I need to purchase the book so that I have the patterns and instructions on how to put it together.. Unless there's a resource online showing all of that.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
This thing is really getting big, it would not fit on my display wall. I am still enjoying doing my 2 blocks a week. Last night I printed out the templates for March blocks. We are back to 8" blocks, the last round was 6".
Jeanie!! Wow, this is great!!! In reply to your other post, I too wish there were more who were doing this...including me! I still am not able to do the paper piecing needed for these blocks. I have done a few simple blocks, but the fine cutting needed to trim for these blocks is too much yet.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:00 PM

I just watched a YouTube video about paper piecing. I think I understand all about how to put something together now. Now I will take it to the practical application, and find something to piece together.

Thanks for this thread. It has me wanting to try a new way of putting a block together.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by CaleyH View Post
I just watched a YouTube video about paper piecing. I think I understand all about how to put something together now. Now I will take it to the practical application, and find something to piece together.

Thanks for this thread. It has me wanting to try a new way of putting a block together.
This is the tutorial I watched when learning to Paper Piece. It is NOT my favorite type of quilting technique!

https://www.connectingthreads.com/tu...ow-to-video/81

Old 04-10-2021, 08:26 AM

Hello everyone, I am back! Finally got logged on after several months of trying....and trying....and trying. Not been active in the sewing room, guilty of reading too much. Love the way the center is going, and have started the outer row for the center. Physicals therapy has me moving better and right hip has quit hurting. Cannot believe how much better I feel. Spring is here, but long johns are still necessary every other day. Sewing is better option than spring cleaning!
Old 10-26-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Jeanie, This is gorgeous! I just bought the book. Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:25 AM

JeanieG, I failed to notice the whole quilt you have finished and it is a real gem! Guess most of us old gals have slowed down and not keeping up but I do admire what you have done. I have not finished a quilt in the last four or five years, due to many things along with age...the desire to 'do', husband's anti-comments, etc., so not finishing any thing. Need to finish about 20 UFOs and use up a big stash of fabric. Maybe this winter.