Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS 30's Quilt-Along week 7 Block 13 Belle & Block 14 Betty

The FWS 30's Quilt-Along week 7 Block 13 Belle & Block 14 Betty

Well, Here we are, the 7th week and I hope you're all enjoying this ride.. A bump in the road with Belle for some. challenging for others...

Here are my Belle & Betty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great blocks, Honchey. I love that orange print. When I turned the page to Belle, my first thought was, "Oh, no, dreaded y seams!", but she went together pretty easily.
    Name:  Belle.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  76.5 KBName:  Betty.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  41.1 KB

I love Tuesdays. Anxious to see lots more pretty blocks. Love the colors you two used!Name:  13 & 14.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  474.9 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Wow, looking real good everyone!!!!

Beautiful blocks, ladies! Honchey, love that orange!

Blog Entries
    After looking at all of your Belle blocks it makes me wonder why it was such a challenge for me, love to see everyone blocks each week, don't think I have seen one I don't like, so I am finally up with the rest of you, now to do some fall mug rugs before the 21st, and need to start getting things to do my secret Santa, (sign UPS going on now, never done that one before but they say it is a nice swap to do).
    Name:  IMG_20150912_161231.JPG
Views: 733
Size:  256.8 KBName:  IMG_20150912_124800.JPG
Views: 724
Size:  219.2 KB
    Teri Lynn

Let us see if I can post eoday after the big Upset of Picaso pictures. Went back and photographed again and put into an album..Name:  1-DSCN0241.JPG
Views: 690
Size:  89.7 KBName:  1-DSCN0264.JPG
Views: 703
Size:  82.5 KBName:  1-DSCN0265.JPG
Views: 683
Size:  80.2 KB Could not decide which Blk 13 Belle to use, so I put in both, and block 14 Betty Bop. First blk 13 I challenged myself with the ugliest piece of fabric in my stash.

Love the wonderful eye candy; and Honchey, you really nailed this week in perfection for sure. JanRN, love those batiks. Teri, you seem to use the gray in your blocks very well.

I am not participating in this quilt along but I sure enjoying everyone's blocks. Nice work thanks for the enjoyment they bring

Here are my blocks for this week:
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

All are very cute! I look forward to Tuesdays every week now! A little late to the ball (thanks to Belle), but here we are!

Name:  Belle.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  168.9 KB
    Name:  Betty.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  120.8 KB
    Jenny B

QNS! What is the ugliest fabric in your stash???? Oh, my! I just love that brown block! The way you arranged the red and white flowers is so nice, and fussy cut too -- just love it! If you are still mailing out stuff, send it my way and I won't have to make a Belle. lol

I just made Betty for this week....the next block I made was #18. I guess it's time to start sewing again.

Pretty, pretty blocks this week..

Husky, I especially like the floating triangles in your Betty

Jan, your black, white & red Betty is striking !!!

Jeanie, I like the coral print and Carrie your combination of colors are very soothing to me..

QNS, I like the red/brown fabric..it reminds me of prints from the 70's/80's...

I was going to try to get the sewing room in order before I leave..but..I decided to just take what I want then close the door . life's too short to worry about it..it. it is a lived in room..

Belle and Betty

Well ladies these are the last two I have finished, and it's gotten crazy in here trying to make a long distance move. But I will be following you, and as I get more blocks made, I'll post them in the correct place. I'll miss working on these for a while. But I promise, I'll be back. Katie

"Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Beautiful blocks, Katie! I love that fabric with the black background and your y-seams are perfect! Good luck with your move. I moved several hundred miles a few months ago and it wasn't easy.

carrie m, the orange and lavendar look so cute together!

klgreene that red is so striking, I love it!
    Jenny B

Lovely blocks ladies, I love looking to see what everyone is doing and then I decided on mine lol. I got up at 6 am and here I am in the studio at 7.21 am, very unusual for me to get up this early. I think I will work on Belle first....see yah later.

Here is my Belle. I am showing how I did the center for those who need help. I am cutting most of my block by rotary cutting, except for the ones that have tiny pieces. I also print out templates for triangle etc as I don't trust cutting a square in half or in four, something always goes wrong with mine, so with the template for these, I am in good shape.

For Belle I use the templates for the tries and rotary for the rest.

Here is my Betty, all caught up for the week now and I don't feel like going to the gym lol....I might just continue the day working on my Pony...

Great job on Belle, Rosy! Beautiful fabric too. It is nice to have an easy one like Betty once in a while.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Beautiful blocks, all done so well, its a real treat to see what everyone comes up with every week. Almost wish the party continued longer that what it does... maybe everyone should have a good friend or neighbor join us on this jouney so we would have more 'eye' candy to see....

Blog Entries
    I so love watching the blocks appear....each so different from the other...thanks for sharing your eye candy...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

QNS - I agree, there were so many the first couple of weeks, and it was so much fun! Everyone come back! Nobody cares if you're late!!!
    Jenny B

Yeh we don't care if your late or the block is crooked or whatever, it all comes out in the wash. Here is what I do if my block is crooked and I had put a lot for work into it. I square it off or not, add enough fabric around the edges and then square it off...it will be fine, it's patch work isn't it and nobody can tell what you did except that your quilt looks exciting lol. I mean it, fabric and color has a way of working out in the end.

The pony club started in 2012 and I am just beginning, I don't care, I am having fun now and chances are I will have to gussy up some of those blocks as well as some of those blocks are a bit challenging but forward and see what comes out. It could be a new block lol.

PS, we are here to help too.

I haven't given up! I am a little behind because I am out of town. I did get to do some fabric shopping though and was able to find some 30's prints I didn't have at quilt shops in Amish country and I found some other good fabric pieces at a local thrift store here. Can't wait to get back to my machine!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast