Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 31 Bloc 61 May & Block 62 Millie

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 31 Bloc 61 May & Block 62 Millie

OMG, I was so busy packing I forgot AGAIN !!! so sorry

Something tells me some of you may have some pretties to show me...

And heeeerrrrreeee they are: May and Millie Name:  1-DSCN0421.JPG
Views: 435
Size:  97.5 KBName:  1-DSCN0422.JPG
Views: 436
Size:  89.8 KB I found May a challenge, but fun. Millie was a scatterbrian for sure....wind blown every which way
    :

And here are mine. I'm glad I made May again. And you're right, QNS, Millie's a real airhead.
    Name:  May and Milly.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  206.7 KB

Nice blocks! Glad you gals could do May. I had to quit and have a cocktail after my third try tonight. Millie, however, was fun to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not making fun Katybob.....But.....Your May reminds me of a Pokeman Figure Can you visualize the crossed seams as a face all scrunched up and kind of angry??? I must be tired . All the Millie's are real Pretty...nice fabric..

Just got done packing the car and the only thing left is a bath and the coolers in the morning...don't know if we're stopping overnite... See you all on Thursday sometime. H.

Blog Entries
    Well, ladies you all did great. I am lagging. lol.. I have part of my May done, and haven't started yet on my Millie. I think Millie will seem great after doing just the first half of May. lol....

QNS I love the purple in both of your blocks. Your solid fabrics in Millie remind me of the look of linen.

Katybob I like the yellow contrast in both of yours, and especially the red floral with the yellow.

Pam P your Millie is very pretty, and I understand what you are saying about May.

I hope to get back to my May later today. Had been a bit under the weather. I might get out my Millie pattern and start coloring. She looks like a sweetie even if she is a bit scattered brain. I am learning so so much through this journey, and I have never regretted one moment of jumping in here with all of you girls.

Congratulations, ladies, on your excellent y-seams. Your blocks are all so pretty. Here are mine; as you can see, NO Y-SEAM blocks for me!!!Name:  61 & 62.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  471.1 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    JanRN those are very pretty blocks.

I have another tiny part done on May. I am doing a lot of manipulating on it. I will be working back and forth with my May block and Milly. lol...

I have another question. When Tuesday started the May and Milly block does that normally mean we work on them all week, and get done by the next ones or do you all from the start normally have the two done if you can when those two blocks are given on the new thread? Do I make any sense? lol...I know everyone goes at their own pace, but just wondered how it typically would go.

Everyone have a great day!
    It's windy today where I am, and rain is on its way.

Each set of blocks are due on Tuesday; next set is not due until next Tuesday, so you do have time to make May and Millie work for you. Some cases each of us has been several weeks behnd and still post on the week it was suppose to be appearing. Hoep that makes sense to you, JuneBillie.

Blog Entries
    Thanks QuiltingNinaSue.

I generally don't have my 2 blocks ready to post on Tuesday-- but I try to finish them sometime during the week that they are 'due.' I just am busy with a full time job, going to college, and other life events, so I'm often late and post late on previous week's threads.

But, I sure like to look on Tuesday and see what everyone else has been working on! Sometimes, I'm glad I haven't started that week's blocks yet, because after seeing what someone else has sewn I get a new idea of what I'd like to do for the block. Several times I've thought, "oh, I like how that looks with a very dark print there" or "this looks great, I'll do it that way too."

Blog Entries
    Givio you do sound busy. It is fun to see what others have made, and get ideas.

Blog Entries
    Ok girls. I debated whether or not to show a picture of my May block. I consider myself rather courageous, so I will. lol.... I did get through it over several days, and it still is very distorted in my attempts to concentrate on the y-seams. I have never ever done y-seams, and this may be my last too. hehe.. Such as it is, I present you with my May block which might be more correct to call it May Day, May Day. lol..

Name:  100_3427 (Small).JPG
Views: 79
Size:  135.8 KB

I learned from it though, and if I did it again which I may down the road before I would consider putting it in my quilt. I concentrated so much on doing the y-seams that I got away from being accurate as I usually try to do on all my seams. That caused places to pucker, and at the end I tried squaring off the block. That was worse, because it was not close to square so that's what happened to the upper right point especially. I did attempt it though, and this is the result.
    Now to catch up on the other blocks.

Terrific first attempt at Y-seams, JuneBillie, and I love your fabric choices. I should have taken a picture of my first May before I made a second one. It wasn't nearly as good as yours. I've been looking for black fabric with tiny flowers for a future project. Is yours new?

Hooray for you JuneBillie--I admire you for attempting and succeeding at those y-seams. If that's your first attempt you'll breeze thru the next one. Some people can't adjust to paperpiecing, I can't wrap my head around y-seams. Good job!

Oh! Lookin' good there, JuneBillie! By the way, your joke was very funny! :-) Here is my Milly. I haven't studied the future blocks-- I wonder if there will be more blocks using this triangle? So many different looks can be made with the half-square-triangle in a 4 x 4 block. I keep misplacing the template and needing to print it over again. On to May next!

Blog Entries
    Givio your Milly block is very pretty. I like the colors you used. With your touch of light on the outside it made the middle pop.

Thanks all for your encouraging words on my May.

Katybob that darker fabric with the tiny flowers was in some scraps sent to me. It wasn't a very big piece, and I wondered if I would have enough to finish it, but I did. If I had a big piece of it, I would send it to you.

Here's May. I didn't want to make the center from all one print, so I divided that pattern piece. It's a crooked block in the shot, with bad lighting, but you get the idea! :-)

Blog Entries
    Givio your May block is so pretty. I like your color choices.

That's pretty!

Everyone has done such a good job on May (she says as she hangs her head in shame for not doing y-seams). Givio, I think changing out the center was a good idea, I like that better than the original.

How was the expo Jan? I've never been to one...Too far no matter which state I'm in...

Love all the color combos here this week...

Blog Entries
    I am working on Milly today.

Blog Entries
    Here is my Millie. She is a bit different than book, but I don't mind. It must have been another one of those reverse things again, but I didn't worry about it this time.

Name:  100_3437 (Small).JPG
Views: 73
Size:  171.8 KB

I love those colors together! Pretty block Susan : )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast