Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone  "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30  Photo Page >

The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30 Photo Page

The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30 Photo Page

Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 AM

Anael.....Love that brown fabric. What name does it go by? I am still thinking I want to use a black with subtle design or mottled look. Haven't found what I want yet....probably won't until I'm done. I change my mind too much and am afraid to go with sashing and cornerstones just yet......
I will try to get my blocks together today for a picture......I have made some substitutes so come up with the correct number, but not the "correct blocks".....LOL!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:59 AM

It's Fusions: Mist brown by Robert Kaufman Fabrics. The Fusions: Mist line has some gorgeous fabrics!
I didn't have all the correct blocks either as I substituted one or more too
Old 04-26-2012, 08:34 AM

Wendig...Fusion also comes in a black. Kaufman has several lines of fusion and the one shown in brown is the line #12141 which is Fusion Mist.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Oh thanks so much QE I will certainly try the blue!
Will have to do a search for Fusions Mist, never heard of this fabric. Sounds very good though!

I found it. What do you all think of this as sashing?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]330651[/ATTACH]
That fabric is gorgeous Anael, I am considering a similar fabric for mine! I love the Fusion Fabrics!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

I liked it IRL ... it looked much richer than it does here. I think it'd either be awesome ... or may come off too stark against your whites. Did you see the dark green? Mine is the darker blue ... and there's another blue, slightly lighter. Another consideration ... a dark'ish grey, but still with life in it ... not sure what colour you'd really call that? I don't know if there's one in the Fusions Mist. What I like about them, is that there's colour variance in the fabric, yet, it is subtle enough, that it doesn't compete with the busy-ness of our scrappy works!

The Michael Miller Krystals are still lovely ... more of a true tone-on-tone than the Fusion Mists.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

Anael ... can you get Kaufman fabrics in The Netherlands? Or is this something we shouldn't be tempting you with?

Here's a link to the manufacturers site for the Fusions Mist ... 29 different colours

http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/fusions_mist/#products/byart_no

I think it would have been the Espresso that I saw that I really like ... though it just didn't work with the PC blocks. I didn't check at the time, but I'm thinking my cornerstones are Merlot .... and the sashing would be Evening.

Take a look at the other Fusions (drop down list in the search function) .... I just discovered that those shimmery looking tonals that someone is using are Fusions .... and there's only 138 to choose from! Another line had 100 fabrics. One of the lines has some great metallics that I"ve used ... and the pics online do not do them justice at all.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 AM

I was looking at this one for mine! It is in the #5574 series, same website that Quilt E gave above! I just love all the color variations in these fabrics.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:56 PM

The LQS doesn't have these fabrics and that's the only shop I can go to without having to drive for hours. So go ahead and tempt me LOL
I will have a look at the 138 different fabrics and maybe next year I will know what I'm going to do with the sashing
Thanks for the link QE!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:07 PM

Oh Aneal I love your blocks tagether! So light. I'm thinkin' that a dark like the one you are showin' would be a great balance.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Oh Aneal I love your blocks tagether! So light. I'm thinkin' that a dark like the one you are showin' would be a great balance.
Oh but there is ordering on line if you know what you want. I think my LQS has the fusion misty in stock probably in the brown. I could send you a FQ so you could see it in IRL before you decide. Just let me know.