Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE  FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along  "SPRING BREAK"  Discussion Week >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along "SPRING BREAK" Discussion Week

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along "SPRING BREAK" Discussion Week

Old 04-06-2012, 08:43 AM

Homemade pizza with BBQ sounds great.

DH mixes up our soil; did have seasoned horse manure to add to the mix, but the neighbor decided his HS was too good to give away to us. Funny to imagine him sitting on his HS throne as we go by.

Back to the quilt room; clover leaf is almost done!!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
I can hear those sewing machines going full tilt.

Yup ... it's been purring away here too!
Apple Tree done .... At the Station well on the way.
Their partners were done before, so, closer to a finish than it may seem!

QNSue ... I'm getting confused between your IRL food and parties? and our virtual RV gathering? I've been quilting with you this afternoon!!! So take a good look a these two when they make their debut!

JanRN ... don't fret! Gardens are over rated ... until we want "real" tasty produce! No garden for me unless I put it on the front yard, and I don't think the neighbours would be too impressed! I do stick a couple of tomatoes in the flowerbeds or in large pots on the deck. And have some herbs in my front bed, so I can step right out on the walk and get it, should it be wet. I keep considering some contrasting carrots/beets/lettuce amidst the flowers!!! Maybe this will be the year?

GGal ... not a lot of risk taker in me! I just felt good about the house and property. Everything on the inside was immaculate. The house was 15 yrs, so I knew that it could be time for a new roof, which I did a couple yrs later. I'd been in so many houses by then, that I had LOTS of comparisons and so didn't take a lot of wondering before I was ready to make the offer. OK, yes, I did take a risk, but felt oh so good about it all!! It's a little acreage, 2-1/2 acres ... though most of it is bush! Anice sized front lawn, surrounded by trees. The back of the house just has a small path beyond the decks and then it slopes down right into the bush. Raised bungalow, so the deck is way up in the air ... it lets me have LOTS of light in the walk in basement, where I have my sewing room!!! The flower beds are pretty bleak right now ... coming to life, but you know how they really aren't "pretty" for sometime!

About the PP-Ys ... I just take my time, and let the paper stabilize it all. LOTS of pinning done to hold it in place then I sew away.

GGal ... nice country tune! Thanks for sharing!!

I'll go and check a few more threads, then head back to get that train pulling into the station!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:23 PM

Virtually travel what it is, the private jet is standing by to jet us all to Hawaii after the big dance/band tonight. We will sleep on the jet and wake in the morning in Hawaii. Beach parties til noon, then we are private guests at a party til late at night when we board the private jet to return home for Easter Sunday. We will have fish and roasted pig to eat there. My senior moment will not let me spell Laiu...and we will have a lei to wear. (I know, it is all fantasy!!)

I did finish Cake stand, my version of Christmas tree,Clover leaf, Captain's wheel, Crystal Star, and Dakota Star today. Will post tomorrow morning or Tuesday. Happy Easter everyone. Give your loved ones an extra big hug for being themselves and alive. No family coming in here; just a couple that are very good friends.

Last edited by QuiltingNinaSue; 04-06-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling Hawaii correctly
Old 04-06-2012, 02:38 PM

Lots happening here and the wonderful food keeps on coming and now we are off to Hawaii !!!!!!! Nobody pinch me as I don't want to wake up...
Hope to spend all day in my sewing room as DH has just left to go fishing. Fresh fish for the BBQ tonight QNS.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

I don't have any Easter commitments ... do you suppose that jet could just continue on over to Aussie-land? so we could visit with MiraB?

QNSue ... WOW! have you ever been busy!!!! Look forward to seeing your many neew blocks! Have a Happy Easter with your friends, if we don't see you again til after.

MiraB ... mmmmmm!!!! BBQ'd fresh fish!!! Here's hoping they get lots of bites. What kind of fish will it be?

Update ... At the Depot has now joined the Apple Tree in the finished blocks. I've got a good start on A Beauty, and it won't take long to finish it up tomorrow. Then I can photo and post as I have their partners already done. Then only one more block to do, and then I can post to the 15-Milestone!!

Good Night One and All!!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:51 PM

QuiltE, DH fishes for fresh water barramundi. Everyones welcome to visit me anytime. I have been powering along in my sewing room this weekend.
Finished my medallion quilt
Finished my machine embroidered blocks, just have to piece it together
Only have 2 more sampler blocks to make for a beginner class I am teaching at my club, (they will be finished today)
Tomorrow is PC day all day
And then Monday might be clean up day as Tuesday I have visitors arriving
Here is a pic of my medallion, hope you don't mind me posting it here..hope the pic turns out, DH and DS were grumbling it was too big to hold so we hung it on the clothes line and played spin the clothes line to get the best light. Wish I was videoing my men that would have been worth watching.
Attached Thumbnails img_0477_2.jpg  
Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Power Poster

Glad that I went and checked a few threads before heading to bed ... though seeing a quilt so beautiful, MiraB, I may not be able to sleep now. It's so fresh and crisp ... and so many different styles and techniques. Awesomely Stunning!!!!!

Of course, I've never heard of barramundi!!! Though thanks to the wonders of Google, I can see that they are no tiny fish .... and quite tasty! Hope the catch is good ... and ENJOY your delicious Easter Fish BBQ!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:27 AM

MiraB, that is stunning. I love medallion quilts. Your colors are so pretty. I love all the different borders and you got them all to fit perfectly. Beautiful!!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:43 AM

Beautiful quilt, Mirabelle. Isn't great finishing projects? And no, I seldom fix fish 'cause I do not know enough about cooking them. I was raised with pork, beef, and chicken. Fried chicken every Sunday with home made ice cream. Usually, Chocolate. Homegrown garden and canned goods.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:46 AM

Mirabelle...thanks for sharing the pic of your quilt. It's gorgeous!