Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Week 14 Crystal Star & Dakota Star Photo Page

Jeanie...I really like your blocks...especially the 2nd one

Jeanie - Lovely colors! I like the horse in the middle of Crystal star! Great FS!
    Art - We are all here for ya if you want us to be. Prayers be with you!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by ArteEmCasa View Post
    Hello all, I love to see all the blocks, everybody is doing such a gorgeous and well done work.
    For me, this is another week with no blocks.
    I am dealing with health problems in my family.
    Hugs
    We miss you - hurry back!

Art - I've been thinking, (dangerous I know.) You need ta know that we've missed you so very much. Even if you don't make any blocks, please check in here & talk to us. You can git back ta your blocks whenever, or never, but we like your company. I realized that you need ta know how much you have added to our group.
    Bev

Jeanie...I love it when everyone rises to the challenge of a difficult block for them and posts the results anyway. Your DS will only add to the quilts charm! Great fussy cutting on CS.

ArteEC ... it's ever so good to "see" you back here with us. I know your is breaking and I hope these virtual {{{{{HUGS}}}}} can help you a little, to know that I care about you, as I know the other Pony Clubbers do too. Maybe you don't feel like sewing right now, and you can let our blocks and chatter can help you feel a little better. Maybe it would be good for you to allow yourself to do a simple project, something to remind you of your brother, and bring you a little closer to him, even though you are apart. Perhaps something representative of his interests, hobbies, work, etc. We miss you and I really appreciate your sharing with us about your sorrows.

JeanieG ... they're beautiful blocks! One of mine where centre points just don't line up right, I keep visualizing a Sherriff's star button sewn over top!! Will I? Who knows ... if I happen to stumble over some, that just may happen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

ArteEmCasa, I've missed seeing you and your lovely blocks here. I wish you the best.

JeanieG, love the colors in your blocks, especially the horse. Great job!

Blog Entries
    All of the blocks are WOW! Pretty Fabric, it is amazing what the choice of fabric does for each block. Some of mine I really liked, and a few yucky ones.
    Here are mine for this week.
    Name:  1-Misc 019.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  102.0 KB
    GrannyQ

Blog Entries
    I haven't gotten to these 2 yet, GQ you make them look so lovely! Another striking pair.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by grannyQ View Post
    All of the blocks are WOW! Pretty Fabric, it is amazing what the choice of fabric does for each block. Some of mine I really liked, and a few yucky ones.
    Here are mine for this week.
    Yucky? I haven't noticed any thing but beautiful blues (and cream/white) with all of yours!
    Outstanding!!!!!

I have a few that I'm not happy with also. I think that they will blend in well with the whole of my quilt. I'm also doin' several substitutes, 'cause my fabrics don't really go well with some of these blocks. I should have chosen my fabric after I got the book & not before. My bad.
    Your blocks are beautiful.
    Bev

I love both blocks. Great choice of fabrics.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    I have a few that I'm not happy with also. I think that they will blend in well with the whole of my quilt. I'm also doin' several substitutes, 'cause my fabrics don't really go well with some of these blocks. I should have chosen my fabric after I got the book & not before. My bad.
    Your blocks are beautiful.
    DublB ... you're guessing wrong!! You're no different than the rest of us where we can't fit a FC horse or cat or whatever into a quilt because of size. For those, go with some of your patriotic blenders, and you'll find they help to emphasize the blocks that do have the FC in them!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    DublB ... you're guessing wrong!! You're no different than the rest of us where we can't fit a FC horse or cat or whatever into a quilt because of size. For those, go with some of your patriotic blenders, and you'll find they help to emphasize the blocks that do have the FC in them!
    Your always so encouragin.' Thanks. Everyone is!
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Your always so encouragin.' Thanks. Everyone is!
    It's true though ... you can make those blocks work, and stick with the posse for those blocks you've been skipping. I've had to re-think some of the blocks to keep my yellow showing up ... and keep surprising myself where I put it to keep it in each block.

GrannyQ, those are beautiful blocks! So many pretty shades of blue.

dublb, I got my fabrics before I got the book too. There are many I'd like to use in a certain block but they won't fit. I think you could use your patriotic fabric in some way in all the blocks but if you prefer substitute blocks, that's perfectly fine. All your blocks are gorgeous and you do such great work!

Blog Entries
    Thank you ladies, I have enjoyed looking at everyones blocks, all so different and yet all so very pretty.
    GrannyQ

Quote Originally Posted by Termi View Post
    dublb, I got my fabrics before I got the book too. There are many I'd like to use in a certain block but they won't fit. I think you could use your patriotic fabric in some way in all the blocks but if you prefer substitute blocks, that's perfectly fine. All your blocks are gorgeous and you do such great work!
    Thank you so much. These blocks are the first time ta do templates or PP. What a learnin' experience.
    Bev

a little eye candy

I got this block done today and a good start on clover blossom...have to wait to finish that until Thursday since I work tomorrow. Thought I would post it now since I can't post this week's blocks for a little while yet.

Crystal had the day off so she came out to sew for a bit in the clubhouse. She worked on "confounded" rose...didn't get it quite finished before having to leave. Hopefully she will get pictures soon to share with you all

Carrie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Carrie, you certainly have a very pretty block. Good job.
    GrannyQ

Dubib...if you didn't use trmplates or pp before, how did you quilt?

Carriem...I like your block. So neat that you have a quilting partner!

Blog Entries
    Great block, Carrie! Is the blue dot a KT? If not, it fits in perfectly, though haven't seen KT with dots.

Does anyone else not like the small photos and how do you prevent them? I've seen other postings with regular sizes, but more of the itty bitty pics.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    I got this block done today and a good start on clover blossom...have to wait to finish that until Thursday since I work tomorrow. Thought I would post it now since I can't post this week's blocks for a little while yet.

Crystal had the day off so she came out to sew for a bit in the clubhouse. She worked on "confounded" rose...didn't get it quite finished before having to leave. Hopefully she will get pictures soon to share with you all

Carrie
    Carrie - I think it is just perfect! A darlin' li'le star. Be sure that Crystal knows we want her here. We need her input, just like we need everybodie's input.

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    Dubib...if you didn't use trmplates or pp before, how did you quilt?
    I've been hand quiltin' for years (I think nearly 30 yrs.) I would hand quilt cheater or whole cloths. I only started piecing & machine quiltin' about 6 yrs ago. I learn slowly, or so it seems ta me. I have been following rotary cutter directions so far. On a side note every time I would try ta take a class, someone in my family would end up in the Hospital. My DF twice, My DGF, my DFIL more times than I can count, & my DGM twice. The FMQ class I took in March was the first class I got ta finish. I've learned more in the few years I've been on this board that I could ever have in a class.
    Bev

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast