Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 11  Cat's Paw & Confederate Rose  PHOTO Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 11 Cat's Paw & Confederate Rose PHOTO Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 11 Cat's Paw & Confederate Rose PHOTO Page

Old 03-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Power Poster

Oh JanRN ... surely you could turn those into a scrappy sampler for Patches!

CookieLM .. those are beautiful. Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll be surprised as to how well they pull together, after they are sashed up. Unfortunately, that's long down the road, as we usually wait until we have them all done to decide on placement. Try auditioning your sashings with the blocks, and you'll get a feel as to how great they look!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:45 PM

Both blocks are beautiful but #1 is my favorite.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:30 AM

thanks Jan, Quilt E Betty 62 I am getting better but I get mad when I get done and they don't look like they should. Love quilting with all of you. Your blocks are an inspiration to me. Thanks again Jan finished this weeks doing PP and they really look nice. Thanks for everyones help I love this site
Old 03-19-2012, 05:41 PM

CookieLM, your blocks are beautiful, what nice colors!!!! I usually don't like my blocks when I'm finished with them.
While I'm doing them it seems like everything is going ok but when done I see that there's something I failed to notice.
This board is a great place to learn.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 PM

Well gang, better late than never! LOL Here are my blocks for last week!
Attached Thumbnails cp2.jpg   cp-1.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 04:22 AM

Beautiful blocks, Jeanie. I love the red white and blue Confounded Rose and the fussy cut saddles are great. I love the woodgrain background in Cat's Paw. Great job!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:09 AM

Great blocks Jeanie. It's nice to have something new to look at on Tuesday. I have my CR almost done and haven't started Cat's Paw. I've been gardening since the weather is so nice.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

Your BW+R Confounded Rose really makes a lovely statement, JeanieG and what a great job of the Cat's Paw. ITA with JanRN that your woodgrain really frames up the paws nicely!

I "promise" I'll be back in the saddle this week ... and I'm looking forward to it!!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:15 AM

Beautiful blocks everyone!
I went through the book last night and looked at my fabrics. I have a lot of the same ones the author used lol I cannot wait to try these but I have to admit some of these blocks intimidate me. I fear curved piecing. I will have to go back to that thread and see if there are any good tips on how to do it.
Hugs
April
Old 03-20-2012, 06:16 AM

Hey, Hey, Hey. or "hay" I maybe should say here; if anyone on the PC trail with us making blocks each week wants some fabric to "help" build each block their way, PM me with their favorite colors,etc. I am so blessed with sooo much fabric that I will share a "bit". I love everyone's blocks and colors and the cats in the cat's paw was so very cute. And I see my renaming the confederate rose "confound rose" has caught on. Working on the next six blocks, I can see more challenges coming our way. Not making the Christmas Tree block per se, using Honchey's idea to "redo" Children's delight into a Christmas theme. Looking at Cake stand and not liking it, but cannot think of a substitute that suits me right now. Maybe someone else will and I can "adapt" their idea.

Alas, QuiltE, I do not have my slashing done on the FWSQ. Have all the 142 blocks done with finishing touches needed on last one and and about half of the slashing done...but getting tired of it hanging on the display flannel in the hallway so need to find some creative time to finish it. Perhaps your wonderful finish will encourage me enough to finish that last lap to the finish line.

But it is coming Spring and the orchard and garden is demanding my time. Daffodils are in full bloom, bleeding hearts and peonies are coming up and so are the weeds!! We have had to mow our yard. I love the 70s weather; very unusual for mid west region in March...very early Spring.