Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 37 Railroad Crossing & Homeward Bound Photo Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 37 Railroad Crossing & Homeward Bound Photo Page

Okay, I know some of you have these blocks done....so bring 'em here front & center!

Yes, I have done mine....Name:  RailRoadCrossing(rc).JPG
Views: 557
Size:  103.4 KBRailroad Crossing block going across various brands... and

Homeward bound:Name:  PreHomewardBound(rb).JPG
Views: 517
Size:  117.6 KBBack in the saddle again...

Blog Entries
    QNS is riding at full gallop with her fancy FC. Terrific blocks!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

QNS...your brands remind me of the one from our farm when I was a kid...T-S. I even helped put it on a few cattle and can still smell the burnt hair and hide. Great fussy cutting. Here are mine for the week.Name:  Week 37.JPG
Views: 481
Size:  165.4 KB

Love your squares, GG. and seeing your picture in the retreat...looked like you all had a great time. I envy you'all on your respective retreats. Guess dh is going to winter the ducks, since they are laying seven eggs every other day...so Mother Duck will need to be here for nightly tuck into their building bedding time.

QNS, I love the bright colors and fussy cutting in your blocks--always so much fun.

GGal, pretty pretty blocks. I love the dark fabric in the tiny squares of Railroad. Both blocks are lovely.

Here are mine. This is going to be a really strange quilt with the mishmash of colors/fabrics I've used.Name:  Railroad Crossing & Homeward Bound.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  715.4 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN, they are excellent color and form in your two blocks. Love the 'eye' candy.

QNS--fussy cutting looks nice!!

Ggal--your choice of fabrics are great.

Jan--I always like to see what you'll come up with for quilting...I really should be doing that on my blocks.

Oh ya'll have the most beautiful blocks! I didn't git any blocks done at the retreat. I did finish the quiltin' on my niece's quilt & I finished my nephew's before I went. So maybe I can git back ta the PC blocks.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY as usual, you all are amazing
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Absolutely beautiful blocks this week, I have not even looked at mine yet. Hope to get to them tomorrow. These old bones are tired after my marathon sewing session on the weekend. I have sewn 183 HST for my quilt, only 657 to go
    Karen

Wow, Mirabelle, you started with 3345 so that means you have sewn miles of seams. Very productive. Dudlb, too. This is thee 'best' of the best on QB quilting groups. Enjoying seeing everyone's products they have made.

Well, here is my Railroad Crossing block....I should have used a different shade of blue for the small squares...After seeing it put together I find it too homogenous.....My 4 yr old grandson likes the block...he ventures closer and closer to me when sewing so much that I have no elbow room...He likes the up and down machine...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love the bright colors and the RR crossing, depot on the fabric...perfect fabric, perfect block one more time. It is amazing what kids remember their lifetime..the four year old may well remember your sewing his whole lifetime...and he may in turn, sew some day. Our gs is four, but I could not keep him by himself...much too active and interrupts adults too much...and is spoiled by his parents who does things his way, not their way.

Just finished my Homeward Bound block...I don't know where this flock of birds gathered from all I know is that they're flying in the same direction.....

Beautiful 'flock' of birds. Love the color and the block.

Thanks for the compliments...I received a package in the mail today...I wonder from who???
    It seems we're the only ones around today!!!

Honchey--I like your blocks.I can see why your 4yr grandson would be drawn to this one! The other one has a nice combo of fabrics.

Finally had some sewing time today and got these two finished. With DH home there doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day.
    DD's quilt top is finished, DH chose the final border, we were going to go scrappy as in the original but DH decided it would be too much, he has a good eye for color and balance. DD is coming home next weekend and we are going to start piecing my top, I hope to have all the triangles sewn by them only 600 something to do

Karen

Beautiful job on half sewn triangles and borders and the blocks down on the floor which my eye cannot really see too well....looks like a bird or two...and love your PC blocks...you continue to amaze me how you make your fabric work in the different patterns...all are very nice and will make a beautiful quilt. A lot of sewing done...especially with interruptions time after time of sitting down at the sewing machine...we ladies might have experienced that ourselves!!

Anne & Mirab, beautiful blocks. Anne, I think your colors look bright and cheery. Mirab, "sigh", yours are so soft and pretty. Love the quilt top. Wow-you have been super busy!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    I see some Iowa blues in the RR block, but really love the fabrics in HB--great contrast.
    Jan your blocks are very different colors, but equally beautiful. The turquoise and complementary fabrics made for a gorgeous block. The FC farm scenes put a new spin on this block.
    Honchey Such appropriate fabrics for the RR block--well thought out. But how do you get your blocks to look so straight and crisp as in HB? Simply awesome.
    mbelle--stars are perfect proportions for the RRC. The red paisley is almost as pretty as any of your blue blocks. Another "sigh" at your delightful blocks. Thanks for sharing your quilt--blue border sets off the whole quilt. Lovely--waiting to see your lavender/purples rendition.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Starch....I press them into submission... I starch and press my fabric for the most part stiff...I press each seam and section as i go along...After sewing 2 swctions together I press the seam flat on both sides...then press from the top(right side) butting the seam with the side of the iron both ways. then press the paper side no steam at this point...press the seam open or to the side.. whichever way it lays flatter..then flip it over and press again..then I trim the block to the size needed...I purposely leave extra seam allowance on the section's seam this way when I press there's enough fabric to open to really flatten it..I trim it after the outside edge is trimmed..

Mirabelle - your blocks are always done so beautifully. And your DD quilt is beautiful. I love what you did with the borders! Now we want to see progress on your quilt. Are you and DD going to do Bonnie's next mystery quilt? The fabric requirements are suppose to be out in late October/early November I heard.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JanR...really neat blocks. Great colors and well done.
    Honchey...never thought of using 4 different fabrics for the "birds". I like them? Thanks for the tips.
    Mirabelle...I can't wait to see your finished PC quilt. You've been so faithful to your fabric choice so you will have such a different look. Very classy I suspect. I also am looking forward to the purple Jamestown quilt.
    Yup..Iowa blue. That piece has become a favorite of mine.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast