Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FWS Pony Club QUILT Wk 4 Blocks "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" DISCUSSION Pg

No totally different QuiltE, I am using American Banner Rose fabrics for PC and Pom Pom De Paris by French General for SBS. Lots of lovely pinks, reds and yellows.
    I just checked and I have the first 3 blocks finished, posted pics for you, hope nobody minds
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Oh how nice MiraBelle ... and it does look "French"!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    No totally different QuiltE, I am using American Banner Rose fabrics for PC and Pom Pom De Paris by French General for SBS. Lots of lovely pinks, reds and yellows.
    I just checked and I have the first 3 blocks finished, posted pics for you, hope nobody minds
    Thanks for posting Maribelle. I have the book and have about 10 blocks done that are duplicates from FWS. I'm not sure if I will get it finished this year though. There are other projects that are with deadlines and this is just a wish line.

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Hey ya'll-
    I haven't figured out the sashing yet but I just ordered the backing & already have half of the binding. I plan on doing the flange binding that Charismah has a tutorial on. I tried it on my 6 hour quilt, that took 2 weeks, & loved it! Here's the link to my quilt.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t175003.html
    Here's the link to Charismah's tute
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...ge-t77821.html
    Thanks for the link. It really gives a nice finish.

Oh Mirabelle that is just gorgeous fabric! What a wonderful quilt you will have when you are finished!

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    Thanks for the link. It really gives a nice finish.
    Your welcome. I love how we can share here on this board! I tell everybody I know, that this board is an awesome place to learn. I've learned more here, in 1 3/4 yrs that I could've in any classes!

Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Opening scene: Fire crackling in the dark, smoke rising up in a soft swirl. A pony nickers in the night. Conversations circle around the campfire.

oksglad: Now I know what to do with that BBurg lace I found last night.
    Jeanieg: OMG, QuiltE...fades in the air
    dublb: I love this....fades in the air
    Anael: Thanks,....fades in the air
    QuiltE: Talk about.... fades in the air

It's just talk around the campfire before the herd settles down.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Opening scene: Fire crackling in the dark, smoke rising up in a soft swirl. A pony nickers in the night. Conversations circle around the campfire.

Oh yeah! Let's all gather round!
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Oh Mirabelle that is just gorgeous fabric! What a wonderful quilt you will have when you are finished!
    Thanks JeanieG, the hard part will be getting it finished, why do we start so many projects, my brain goes into overdrive every time I see a new quilt design.
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post

Allllllll righty, allllll you l'il cowpokes!
    Time to Riiiiiiiiiiiiiise and Shine .... need to get these lil dogies rollin'!!!

Cue ... ♪♪♫
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fh1d...eature=related ♫♪♪

DublB ... ditto that ... and I know I've learned far more here in my less than a year, than I would have without being so.

OKSGlad ... and do tell us about those BBurg plans? I love BBurg, though I HATE the ironing part. The panels in my bedroom and bath are all BB.

MiraBelle ... I know exactly what you mean!!! .... see my siggy!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Anael ..... droooooooool! Beautiful, particularly the basket ... for some reason, I can see that one as a repeating one block quilt!

JanRN ... you impress me, that despite your hectic pace that you're finding time for yourself for some ooh and aaaah breaks. And making sure that you take time to sew too. Important!!! as that will help you keep your own batteries charged thru all this busy-ness! Keep taking care of you ... and you'll do a better job of taking care of the world.

GGal ... And .... we're all awaiting to see what the immersion is all about! There's an LQS here that runs the Marti + Me Clubs. Actually their whole store seems to be a Marti shrine!!! I haven't gotten involved, as the store is over an hour drive, and for short get togethers, it's just not worth my drive to haul everything around. I look at it as "if" I spent the driving time alone, I'm better to stay at home. To say the least about gas $ saved for fabric!!
    I wouldn't drive that far either . I only have a out a 10 minute drive so I have to discipline myself to not go there more offten than I do. They also have a retreat center and classrooms so there is always something going on and they encourage sitting a spell with a cup of coffee. Great plaice!

Allllllll righty, allllll you l'il cowpokes!
    Time to Riiiiiiiiiiiiiise and Shine .... need to get these lil dogies rollin'!!!

Cue ... ♪♪♫
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fh1d...eature=related ♫♪♪
    What a hoot you are QuiltE!!! You do keep us all in line with good humor and a light heart. Today I've finished sandwiching my "immersion" quilt and plan to see where my pony will take me. Maybe a basket of flowers.

Blog Entries
    Ok had a couple of "quilt" committments and can now look for the saddle and lasso my pony so I can get started on the trail. Anyone interested in looking at what's been keeping me take a look at:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t177153.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t177150.html

This is in addition to everyday life on a dairy farm where I get to spend the money (aka bill payer, bookkeeper).
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

What a hoot you are QuiltE!!! You do keep us all in line with good humor and a light heart. Today I've finished sandwiching my "immersion" quilt and plan to see where my pony will take me. Maybe a basket of flowers.
    GGal ... your LQS location sounds pretty inviting to me, too! Ten minutes away would be terribly dangerous. Are you in the Menno/Amish area of Indiana? (I had friends near Wakarusa)

Pray tell ... what is an "immersion" quilt? And do show us a pic!

OKSGlad ... yeehaw!!!!!! And I now have th sun shining in my sewing room, so now need to put it back together and finish up FWS blocks. Yeppirrrrrrrrrrrr, I'll be ready to saddle up with you ... and we can hit the dusty trails and together, we'll have to chase down these trailblazers!!!!

Great new quilts ... I came I saw I left a message!

And whadya mean you're busy on a dairy farm???? Who're ya trying to kid????? *snicker*
    (BTW ... you forgot the chief cook and bottle washer and parts-fetcher parts of the job description!)

[QUOTE=QuiltE;4916221][SIZE=3][FONT=book antiqua]GGal[COLOR=#006400][B] ... your LQS location sounds pretty inviting to me, too! Ten minutes away would be terribly dangerous. Are you in the Menno/Amish area of Indiana? (I had friends near Wakarusa)

Pray tell ... what is an "immersion" quilt? And do show us a pic!

I live on the Il/In state line just off of HWY 74. The quilt shop is in Danville, il. I'll post a picture of my quilt next week even if I don't have it completely done. My idea of an immersion quilt is when it's the only thing you're working on and you dream about the next step when you go to bed at night, designing as you go.

I live on the Il/In state line just off of HWY 74. The quilt shop is in Danville, il. I'll post a picture of my quilt next week even if I don't have it completely done. My idea of an immersion quilt is when it's the only thing you're working on and you dream about the next step when you go to bed at night, designing as you go.
    Gotchya!! ... Immersion Quilt!
    And I'll look forward to seeing it when you're ready to show it off!

Blog Entries

this weeks blocks

I am late this week had to baby sit my great grandaughter this week love everyones blocks made me envious of all of them.

I love your fabrics! And your points look great! Great job!
    Bev

Loving all the blocks you've posted. I must have had a Senior Blonde Moment when I did Basket of Flowers. I didn't realize that the little squares were flowers! I thought they were just background. Duh!! No wonder my block was bland--I'm not redoing it, I rarely use yellow so mine will be called and Empty Basket of flowers.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Loving all the blocks you've posted. I must have had a Senior Blonde Moment when I did Basket of Flowers. I didn't realize that the little squares were flowers! I thought they were just background. Duh!! No wonder my block was bland--I'm not redoing it, I rarely use yellow so mine will be called and Empty Basket of flowers.

I didn't see an empty basket ... what I saw was a basket sitting in the flower garden, so you could pick some posies. I liked the way you matched your background with those yellow spots in the midst of the garden, and thought of it as sun spots! So JanRN, don't discount your work, well done!

I didn't see an empty basket ... what I saw was a basket sitting in the flower garden, so you could pick some posies. I liked the way you matched your background with those yellow spots in the midst of the garden, and thought of it as sun spots! So JanRN, don't discount your work, well done!

I liked it too!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    OOOOOH! Love these new blocks.

As promised, I took pictures. This is for my 10 year old granddaughter. I originally thought I would work with brights only but I discovered I had enough reds/pinks/corals and it just suddenly said her name. It fills my design wall and the colors aren't as brilliant as they are in person. I still have to quilt the borders and do the binding. I'm taking a break. I'm really new to quilting my own quilts and need to think about the next step. No ditches to stitch in between the thin accent strip and the piano border. Thanks for looking.

As promised, I took pictures. This is for my 10 year old granddaughter. I originally thought I would work with brights only but I discovered I had enough reds/pinks/corals and it just suddenly said her name. It fills my design wall and the colors aren't as brilliant as they are in person. I still have to quilt the borders and do the binding. I'm taking a break. I'm really new to quilting my own quilts and need to think about the next step. No ditches to stitch in between the thin accent strip and the piano border. Thanks for looking.
    Oh way cool GardnerGal! Beautiful colors, I know your GD will just love it! Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast