Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

For quick short cuts in quilting go to U-tupe, Jenny Doan fo Missouri Star Quillting Company. I have her on face book, and try to save her ideas every time. Quick and easy, and why didn't I think of theat? Thought Eleanor Burns was good, but Jenny built a whole town in Franklin, Mo., really brought the dying small town back to life. A man cave, different shops for novelty, etc, sew machine shop to buy them, LA in the second story that does a hundred quilts a day. Places to eat, a retreat to teach, etc.

QNS, I agree, I think Jenny Doan has made a name for herself! Her YouTube's are so popular, with lots of good ideas. My sister and I recently did the Disappearing Hourglass block, scrappy, twin size. I think she might have been the one to get the craze going for so many of the disappearing patterns.

Ladies, Love the progress..

Bev, in the fall I start to wheeze at night when I'm laying down so that's when I take the singular...it's not funny but sometimes it sounds like musical notes playing in my throat!!!

Good morning! Yes, Jenny Doan is amazing. I think what has made her popularity, above all else, is her wonderful personality. Who wouldn't love her? I have yet to go to Hamilton, but would love to see it one day.

Today is house cleaning, bill paying... YUCK. Maybe I can get it done quick and get back to my quilt.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    QNS I have said it before, and I will say it again. I love your morning pictures of positive thoughts and encouragement.
    It sure is a beautiful day today. The sun is shining, and it's not as hot as it has been. My little fur baby is sitting at my feet. I am planning to put up some fabric today that has been sitting around. I am trying to clear off a wooden sewing table that my dad gave me of mom's so I can move it to another room. It is special too me. I have a lot of mom's sewing tools dad gave me. I have a couple of big wooden hoops mom used in hand quilting, but I doubt I use them, because they feel awkward to me.
    I have so many things in my house to get moved around and plenty to move out. Just a lot of accumulated things I don't need now or have room for.

I have had to hand sew in spurts lately due to some carpel tunnel in my right hand, and I am right handed.

SBG those are all such pretty plaid quilts.

Have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by JuneBillie; 09-15-2016 at 08:12 AM.

No more pictures from face book here. QB says no. Sorry folks. I will abide by what they say.

Yes, isn't it a shame that we are not to be allowed to use those memes for exactly what they were made for: to share happiness and encouragement, or maybe a chuckle? Sad, sad, sad. I've also received a "board infraction" notice today for sharing deaths in the family, and family situations here, rather than in a personal diary thread. How dare I converse with my friends in this thread about anything other than quilting? We are all just quilting robots and not real people, after all... right?
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

We have each other's email, which we need to use and abide by the rules here. It is a great place to talk about quilting and share our quilts and quilt ideas. I can offer my cell phone number by email if anyone wants or needs to 'talk' to me about the off limits conversations here. I have been there for friends 24/7 before and will always be there for friends. That is what friendship is to me. Strange that we have been able to do it for about six or seven years, but rules are rules. If we use the service, we need to abide by its rules.

As long as our children were at home, they abided by our rules. Privileges comes with rules, and its for our own protection, too, that we obey what they tell us with a smile. Too bad readers cannot follow us that want to, but there are reasons for rules. Life will go on with smiles.

Blog Entries
    I am embarrassed that if someone goes to my profile it shows an infraction for Language, so it sounds like I used bad language, but it was some religious word I used.

Yes, I am thankful for this board. I guess the world is getting so politically correct that it's affecting everything. It's sad though as others have said.

Hi Everyone, I received my "scrap"box from you Nina, You really outdid yourself!!! I have to admit I'll be sharing some of the yardage you sent...LOve all of it..Thanks for doing this..My group will appreciate the donation..The box was so stuffed the corners were slightly broken and the fabric bulging out...it's a good thing it was taped closed..

Good to know one has arrived. And doing a happydancebecause you liked, Honchey.

Everyone who has not completed this quilt, and plan on doing it according to directions. There is an errata download on Laurie Hurd's website for the setting triangles, plus many blocks. I got an email from her and went to the website to check out her Bible quilt and saw the errata info. There are quite a few corrections to this book, but I thought it crucial that you get the correct setting triangles!!! You would think she would let us know by email that the setting triangles were wrong. What a mess that would have made, plus waste of material! Sooo go to Lauries Website and click on the link to the corrections:

http://thefarmerswifequilt.blogspot.com/
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG, can you email me the dates you would like me to send the big boxes of fabric to you when you are not traveling with RW friends? Thanks for the note about the triangles for the Farmers Wife 1930.

Thanks for the 'heads up', Jeanie...

Laurie says on her blog, "Nobody's perfect..." Ha. There are dozens of corrections. Looks like more were wrong than right. It's a wonder we got them done.

QNS, thanks for your email today...

I always make the side triangles bigger than needed so that I wouldn't lose the points. Thanks for the heads up Jeanie

QNS! I got the box with fabric scraps today. Thank you so much!! I loved the yellow fabrics-- I sure can put those to use to brighten up what I sew. It's such a welcome addition to my dull colored stash.
    The beige fabric with the cardinals will be just the ticket for the back of this quilt top I'm working on now. The stars are brown, and I'm using greens and beiges, plus I had already cut red bits I had for the alternating blocks. I was just looking last night through what I have that I could use for the back! What a treat that you sent it! Thank you, thank you!
    I've got about half of the hourglass squares finished now. I've decided to change up the arrangement of color for the other block. I didn't like the large green and white checkerboard pattern that comes when sewing the two blocks together when I used only green and white for both blocks-- so I've switched to the scrappy 9-patch in the corners of the other block, and I'll use dark green 1" squares on the diagonal in the 9-patch. I sewed one of the alternating blocks to my star block to show you. Not a great picture, but you get the idea.
    Thanks, Jeanie, I'll check out the updates for FWS. I've already cut the setting triangles, using my own measurement, but it's nice to add the notes to the book for future reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Givio, I love the way the quilt is looking! Love all those scrappy greens! It's going to look wonderful with the scrappy 9 patches alternated with solid 9 patches. And I agree... the cardinal fabric is a great match for that quilt.

Looks like maybe my box of scraps will come tomorrow? Everything takes a day longer (or more!) in and out of this part of the country. I'm so excited to get it.

Progress on my shirts quilt: I have all of the two kinds of blocks made and now I'm working on the setting triangles. I have NEVER pieced a quilt for five straight days! This one has so much piecing. Before I'm done I will add up all the pieces and figure out a total. I just love it tho. Tomorrow my quilting group meets and I really had hoped to have this top together to show them... but it's not going to happen. Just not there yet. I made some pillowcases to donate with new pillows to the women's shelter, and have my Hawaiian dolphins quilt top to show. So I won't go empty handed.

Yay, it's the weekend!

Yes, SBG, it arrived at your PO this morning at 5am so, you shoulc get it today.

So happy everyone is happy with their boxes. Still have some fabric if anyone wants a little more.

JeanieG, working on your boxes yet. I question the triangles on the correction sheet, will us my own measurements me thinks. I cold not see last night to print it our, so I did so this morning.

My Savannah pattern is coming together so nice! pictures later. Everyone have a good day.

Oh boy! Can't wait til the mailman comes... I hope you left yourself some fabric to play with, QNS! My package to you should arrive by Monday, if not today.

SBG, I still have fabric to donate, so if anyone wants more, please let me know by PM or email. More scraps and moe yardage is overflowing yet. Grrr, I hate to deal with the remains to try and get it under control. If no one speaks up, I will sending JeanieG three big boxes instead of two. It is going....jukst as the magazines all leftmy house, one way or another.

My cousin from Father's side of the house was here last Tuesday and i really enjoyed her visit...showing her all my quilts and projects. Her question was: do you make them to sell. No, I replied, I make them for friends and family. "Well, she says, " I am Family!" Still chucking, we picked out one for her from the 'projects' on the bucket list.

So now all of you can make your own quilts, your own way and think of me. If I am lucky, I might see a picture or two of what you did with the shipment of fabric sent to you. May the fabric used in your quilts bring smiles to your face and keep your warm and felt the love as you 'cuddle' up in it.

You are just too generous QNS! I'll take all you want to send me! I love scrappy quilts!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

My box from QNS arrived... Thanks so much for the lovely big pieces! They coordinate so well, all 4 of them can go together in one quilt.

Thanks also for the kids's prints for my I Spy quilts. Nice fussy cutting on the hexagons! You are very generous to share your goodies.

Blog Entries
    Hi all. It sounds like some happy friends enjoying QNS's packages. I know all of you will enjoy making some more pretty quilts, and she will be so happy too.

Here are pics of my goodies...

These pretty neutrals will work very well in my quilts!

Name:  DSC02806 (Small).JPG
Views: 166
Size:  49.0 KB

Look at this cute piece! Cheater redwork.... I can see 'log cabin' strips in red around these centers.

Name:  DSC02807 (Small).JPG
Views: 164
Size:  52.5 KB

Beautiful children's prints for I Spy quilting. Hey, I wonder if I can get a pair of boxers for hubby out of that piece of smiley face fabric?
    Name:  DSC02808 (Small).JPG
Views: 131
Size:  96.9 KB

Some hexagon cut I spy blocks:

Name:  DSC02809 (Small).JPG
Views: 154
Size:  75.6 KB

THANK YOU QNS!

And here is my progress on the shirts quilt, Carolina Crossroads. Day 6, all components are built, and this is how far I got in putting it together before deciding it was enough for today. Tomorrow I'll finish and start on the two scrappy borders.

Name:  DSC02804 (Small).JPG
Views: 164
Size:  81.7 KB

Name:  DSC02805 (Small).JPG
Views: 97
Size:  84.3 KB

Decided to just leave it square, because 2600+ pieces is enough, don't you think?

Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 63 113 ... LastLast