Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-20-2016, 04:24 AM

It's so nice seeing the first FWS quilts. That was my first scrappy quilt, didn't think I'd like scrappy. Seems that's all I do now. Here's mine:[ATTACH=CONFIG]556296[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fws-quilt.jpg  
Old 08-20-2016, 04:52 AM

Thanks JanRN and JeanieG for showing your FW to us again. They are so lovely and its good to see pictures of them again. Wonder who else might have a picture of it? Excellent job of doing the photography, too. Mine never come out that well.

May it be a good day for everyone. My QR is in a mess, again. Hope to get more done in there today. It would be nice to be able to sit down and sew in an organized neat room. Maybe someday. I move too slow anymore and get impatient with myself. I think I hate housework and cleaning up messy messes of things tossed here and there and ignored. Gotta have a talk with the lady of the house about finding better places to put things....I can find it,if no one moves the pile. Most times.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

Good morning everyone.

Jan, that FW is utterly gorgeous....and so is the quilting! Did you quilt it yourself?

Quilt meeting this morning. Just wanted to pop in and say hello while I have my coffee.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:07 AM

I haven't been able to do much lately, we had to take DH to nursing home yesterday and with the help of hospice he won't suffer pain for very long. Thank's for all your prayers. Very pretty FW quilts. I have a picture of mine but have been very busy with DH.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:27 AM

grannyQ, * hugs *
Old 08-20-2016, 06:38 AM

Hugs and prayers for you GrannyQ.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:58 AM

Last call for those who would like some scraps...yards to ? inch stuff. Remind me of your favorite colors, if it matters or not, how small you want, and SBG, I have novelty scraps from I SPY quilts that I have done and saved the corners back, plus some prints. Pink for baby quilts (2 yards of pink cuddle cloth for baby girls) and a couple of backings for baby size 42 x 45 inches. I will honor the one request I have gotten from a non-FW quilter if she sends me her mailing address. You may use a PM or email me. I am seriously depleting my stash and organizing the QR. Dh approves of my re-organizing the totes and fabrics within a smaller section of the room.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

GrannyQ, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Prayers and hugs for you!

QNS I pm'd you about the scraps.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:17 AM

Oh the memories of the first FWS.. I don't remember if I ever told you all about how I got to be the leader of the group

During the year of 2010 I was browsing online and came across the QB website and signed up..I love to make blocks, just like Jan, then came upon blocks of the month & week..A member was going to start the FWS and I joined...She, for some reason, probably illness, decided not to continue..When I saw that there were no figures/numbers for the rotary cutting I decided to do them for each block. There were some blocks that could not be figured out mathmatically by me...I officially took over the third week and have been doing it until two weeks ago.. It's been a long and rewarding journey...H.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
WOW. Those two are so gorgeous, Jeanie! Every block is perfect. Love the color schemes, too. You must have had fabric collections selected at the start and only worked from those. They are beautiful.
You are correct SBG - I did start with layer cakes on these two quilts, then added to them as needed. I was not confident in picking out fabrics that matched well at the time. I had just gotten back to quilting after I retired. This gave me a head start.

Here is a FWS Pony Club Quilt (I have to put together and finish the 2nd half (some day)!

Attached Thumbnails fws-pony-club-quilt-1.jpg