Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 12-24-2017, 08:00 PM
Power Poster

Me too! I wish you all joy and peace and a beautiful, merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2017, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

Merry Christmas to all of you. Today is also my hubby's birthday so we celebrated that too.
I miss my mom and dad so much today. We all went to their house every year for Christmas Dinner, and we exchanged gifts with them. I am thankful for the memories I have.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Merry Christmas to all of you. Today is also my hubby's birthday so we celebrated that too.
I miss my mom and dad so much today. We all went to their house every year for Christmas Dinner, and we exchanged gifts with them. I am thankful for the memories I have.
Hold on to those wonderful memories, Susan. I miss my parents being with the family at Christmas too.

Happy Birthday to your hubby!
Old 12-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Bonnie, and he had a good birthday.
I know you have those precious memories too Bonnie.
All of us who have been there hold on to our memories.
Hope all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with family and/or friends.
Blessings to all for the New Year!
Old 12-26-2017, 06:14 PM

I had a great Christmas. DD's family came to the house & #2DSon was here. #2DSon went to Midland today & will come back on the 4th. We will take him to the airport on the 6th.
It was quiet here today. About a month ago I got a blue tooth speaker. The other day #2DSon got Audible on my phone & downloaded Moby Dick. Today I listened to the first 9 chapters. I did enjoy it very much. I tried to read it about 19 years ago. I got lost in the details. And that was before I went into morning for my DDad & DFIL. I haven't had the concentration to read since they died in '09.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:10 PM
Power Poster

Thanks, Susan!

Bev, I'm glad the family was well enough to gather and have Christmas celebrations. I know we all really feel the absence of loved ones no longer with us, most acutely at Christmas. It's such a family time. But we have our sweet memories, forever.

It's been wet and cold today. It's been raining really hard and the temp has dipped below 40. We are hoping to wake up to some pretty snow in the morning! Fingers crossed. My daughter and SIL are still visiting and I know they would love to see some snow.

Hope to get back to making some more Pony Club blocks soon.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:17 AM

I missed my mom a lot this Christmas too. She had beautiful hands all her life and wore a ring on each hand every day. She had several, and switched them out. After she died, it was strange how important it was to me to dress her with a really nice ring on her right hand. My sisters agreed, so we put her best diamond ring on her for going home... This Christmas, I took her 1943 class ring out of my jewelry box and put it on. Oh! Everyone's mother is unique! Oh! There is no one like a Mother!
Old 12-28-2017, 03:52 PM

Glad that you treasure good memories of your Mother at Christmas, Givio.

Very happy everyone can enjoy Christmas day. It was another day, I did not cook much, just Chili Soup to warm us up with Cornbread. Thawed out the turkey because BIL was coming down tomorrow, but he called and cancelled until warmer weather hits us. So after we cut the turkey up four ways, I put it into freezer bags and froze it again. No pumpkin pie until we bake the turkey and dressing in the new year.

Waiting with dimming patience to straighten out details from so many things hanging from the last three months. one step forward and two backwards. It is truly a waiting game: waiting for key workers to get back to work and move papers off of their desks. Hoping it will positive for waiting so long.

Dh is active again in the Quilt Room; trying hard to work with him. As his Mother said, "Someone is always stirring the pot" meaning stirring up everything they can. Distance from each other was better on cold winter days, and get some 'space' from each other even though we love each other dearly, we need our own personal retreat spaces.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:01 PM

Happy New Year, Y'all!
Old 12-31-2017, 09:19 PM
Power Poster

QNS, you and the mister might each need your own sewing rooms! Is he sewing quilts too? Tell him to get his own stash!

Happy New Year to all of you! Keep warm.