Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-27-2016, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Thank you so much! Prayers much appreciated.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:11 AM

SBG, I am so sorry to hear of your loss! You guys are in my prayers! It seems the older we get, the more "losses" occur. I remember my dad saying (he was in his 80's), that he hated to get to the Obituary Page in the paper, because it seemed there was always someone there he knew! We are always shocked to see someone we knew in high school has passed when reading the obituaries. Joe and I are in our mid 70's! I have lost all my grandparents and all my aunts and uncles on my mother's side. I have one aunt remaining on my father's side, and she is not doing well. I have also lost a lot of my cousins on my mother's side. I am the oldest of all my cousins on my dad's side! Goodness!!!
Old 08-27-2016, 09:50 AM

What kind of fabric does a cow prefer ?????????? NEEEEEEEEEEW
Old 08-27-2016, 03:33 PM

QNS - sew cute!
Old 08-27-2016, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Sorry for your and Mr SBG's loss....my SiL is very dear to me as well...and yes it's eye opening as we become the older generation...

Hope Annie gets better, Bev...

Today was a work day...stopped and got a new phone/answering machine as lightening took ours out last week...got by with the corded phone from the office, but one gets used to the mobility of a cordless..

Been sorting fabric from my neighbor's to give to a couple of volunteer organizations...she had a quilt done except for binding...after I came home yesterday I found matching binding fabric and sewed it on...now to hand sew it down, then return it to the family. I also found a small Christmas wall hanging that needs to be bound...Will do the same on that one, too. Honchey check your mail next week... Have a good night....
Old 08-28-2016, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

What a beautiful rose and hummingbird.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

We will be going to southwest Louisiana for the funeral at the end of the week. SIL was living with her husband in Kentucky when she passed away, but she had wanted to "go home" to her family's home town in LA to be buried. She hadn't been married long and really had no roots in Kentucky. That makes it a little bit easier on us. And we have time to plan to get there for a funeral on Friday.

Hope you all are having a nice Sunday.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Our hummers are colored a little bit differently. They are yellow and green.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:20 PM

Annie is well! It is amazing how everything stops so that we can tend to a puppy.
After that we have been working in the yard a lot! We mixed up some Remedy & painted the mesquites that are in one part of the yard. The part that Annie or Bell (our other dog) don't go into. We mixed the remedy w/vegetable oil & were afraid that Annie would lick it right off the leaves of those bushes. The plan is to mix some diesel w/the next batch. DH just has to remember to get the diesel when he is in town. He has forgotten 2 days in a row. Today was the first day in months that the wind hasn't blown so we sprayed the gravel drive way. Those weeds sure love to grow in it.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:57 AM

Hi, ladies. Need your honest opinion here. Here is the top of my finished quilt-yay it's done! I'm not 100% happy with the result. I used black batik for the sashing and pale yellow/cream for the cornerstones. The border (I hope you can see it) is black with subtle paisley-like swirls. What do you think of the border? I'm thinking I should take it off and use the same black I used for sashing. Please tell me what you think[ATTACH=CONFIG]557117[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails complete-1930s.jpg