Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 12-04-2018, 08:29 PM

6" left for 20 blocks! Hahaha That's funny! Sure, you will improvise on that one QNS. Try to use what you already have at home. Sometimes that's a fun challenge. :-)

Ok, That sounds like a treat, to get some little triangles. Right up your alley, she knew what you'd like!
Old 12-05-2018, 06:22 AM

My printer died yesterday...HP Officejet Pro 8600 needs a printhead. No fax, no copying, no printing, does 0 now. Checked into the price of a printhead (WOW$$$). Need a Christmas miracle or two. All the figuring out I am doing is to exist each day. Lord, I learning how to be humble for sure. Together we will weather the storm. The good times and the bad times. One day at a time. Thanks for listening to my complaints.

Sunshine outside. Looks lovely...but does not carry warm temperatures outside.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:26 AM

Oh HUGGS Sue! We all have days like that.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

So sorry Sue! Some of the new no-frills printers are cheaper than parts to repair the old ones. I'm convinced they make these things to wear out after a year or so. Never had a printer last much longer than that.

I choose my printer by the cost of the replacement ink. Kodak seems to be fairly inexpensive compared to the other ink cartridges. I also save ink cost by not printing out patterns. I keep them on my laptop and work with my laptop open in my sewing area. Works great.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

I had a Kodak printer once...went back to HP inkjet. The Kodak didn't last long at all--less than a year. I've had this HP with flatbed copy machine for over 2 years. For everyday things, I print in draft quality rather than normal...saves on the ink. I used to have a fax combination, but decided it wasn't worth it. If I need to send something I scan it, then save as a PDF or jpeg or just to a file on my computer.

Today taking a trip to local recycle center...have way too much here...can go only once a week and it doesn't always work with my schedule...seems no one else finds time to take the trip either...my rant for the day. Then have some sewing to do for guild "gifts". Have a good one.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:29 PM

QNS, Check Goodwill, Craigslist, or other secondhand places for a printer. When people buy a new computer, often they get a new printer in the package set up. Sometimes the old printers still work and they just discard it.

It's also a lot cheaper to mail in ink cartridges to get them refilled rather than buying new ones. You can also buy refill ink, then actually refill the cartridge yourself. If you are able to take printers that are left for trash or to be recycled that are broken, they often have ink in them. You can remove the ink and use what is left to refill your working printer. Before you throw out your old printer, be sure to take the ink from it!
Old 12-07-2018, 06:44 AM

I have old ink cartridges from cheap Wal Mart printers. This HP jet pro 8600 is about four years old. Hoping to fix it next month, Grinch is already stolen all hopes of any Christmas and holding my breath that the remaining dollars stretch to the end of the month. That means more quilting in the sewing room so its not all bad.

Was downloading and printing off BH Mystery, but hope it saves where I can print it later. I paid $10.00 for a digital download Of Ringo Lake when I could not find the saved copy. Want her ruler, but she was out of them. Later, maybe. It is breakfast time for dh so have a good day everyone.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:49 AM

I did it! I got my BH Clue 2 done before Clue 3 came out.

Now I have those dreaded half chevrons. OK here I go.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:13 PM

Way to go, Dublb! My eye is not working right today, fuzzy visual day and head hurts, so taking the day off. Just relaxing reading and watching TV. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:19 PM

I'm a 'Dizzy Blonde.' LOL Yup, I am having some vertigo. I started taking Meclizine yesterday. I wonder if my upset stomach has been my inner ear acting up for a few days.
I wasn't able to get much cut out on the BH mystery today. (I tried different methods for clue 3 yesterday & have decided how I'm gonna make 'em.) I have most of the black squares cut out & I have the green strips cut so as to be able to cut the rectangles from 'em. That's all I have accomplished w/the vertigo. Wait, I also washed a load of cloths. I haven't got 'em outta the dryer though as that involves bending over & I was afraid that I'd tip over if I bent. That's also the reason I didn't wash my hair this morning. I was afraid that when I leaned back to rinse my hair I'd fall backwards. I did get a shower though. LOL I gotta count all my accomplishments.