Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 12-07-2019, 03:40 PM

I am having trouble w/my embroidery machine & my Janome. I think that both of 'em are having timing trouble. I can't work on my Bluebonnet Bed spread till I get those 2 working. DGD & DFGD came over today. I got a couple of machines that I cleaned in set up for 'em. DGD worked on the li'le quit she has done a tiny bit on when she was able to go to the Quilting (on Thurs's ) DFGD went to the Quilting last Thurs & I got her started working on a Jelly Roll Race quilt. So today they both worked on those. This is the first time that DFGD has shown any interest in quilting since she joined out family. While they worked on their projects I brought my Janome in the house & set it up on the kitchen island. I tried to time it, but when I tried to do a test stitch, the hook wasn't picking up the upper thread. It's still outta time. All 3 of us got tired, so we stopped! It was a good day. I'll work on my Janome tomarrow.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:41 PM

QNS--yes it is a blessing to have family around/needing me. Sometimes it gets a little stressful but thankfully I have God and a great husband to lean on for support!

givio--Yep, I just turned 40 in April this year. Got married 2 weeks after I turned 18 so have been married 22yrs, have 18 and 21yr old daughters and 20 yr old son...the younger two are living at home. DS works full time for a general contractor (so does anything from tile, trim, painting, kitchens, bathrooms, windows, siding, etc) and has since he was 16 (started part time while finishing his homeschooling). My oldest DD is moving to DM this next week and youngest I told about above.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:47 AM

Caught dh's flu bug. Miserable today, but have not thrown up yet. Not sewing or handling any food. Hope it lasts just 24 hours and tomorrow is a nice day. Bah, humbug!today. Yep, I have them too.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:42 PM

Bev - what kind of grease do you recommend for sewing machines. I have some of the grease that came with my Singer 503 Slantomatic (which I still have). I got charts on what areas to grease on my Brother 1500s, but the Singer grease is 56 years old (LOL). There is still a little left, but I really think I should buy new! Thanks in advance!

Old 12-09-2019, 04:59 PM

I had a very productive day today...in the house and in my craft room. I prepped some veggies so they are easy to warm up for lunches...butternut squash in my Quick Cooker (Pampered Chef version of the Instant Pot) and roasted some Brussel sprouts and carrots. I got a corner shelf dusted that was long overdue. Then after lunch I went out to quilt. I got a lot more quilting done than I expected today...just have to do between the borders...then trim and bind.

Maybe I'll have a picture to share of the finished quilt tomorrow? Probably won't be until next week though since I won't have time to sew again after tomorrow afternoon for several days as the rest of my week is very busy!
Old 12-09-2019, 05:21 PM

The grease I use is called Epnoc. It is expensive but ya use so very li'le that it will last a life time. I get it at the Sew & Quilt shop in Temple TX.

(The only connection I have w/this shop is it is where I took my machine repair class)
Old 12-09-2019, 10:13 PM
Power Poster

Have you heard anything about Tri-Flo grease (lubricant), Bev? Some of the vintage machine groups talked a lot about it.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:59 AM

I have & it's not as good as the Epnoc. Ya shouldn't use the Tri Flow grease on plastic parts either. Though if ya don't have any plastic gears in an older machine ya can use the Tri Flow on metal gears. The Epnoc is better though. While we are talking about Tri Flow: Tri Flow oil just doesn't hold up as an oil. What it is good for is getting stuck screws un-stuck. Stick w/clear refined oil like Zoom for the moving parts in your machine. It is cheaper anyway.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:16 AM

Feeling much better ready to sew and sew today. Off I go!
Old 12-10-2019, 11:12 AM

I'm so glad that ya are feeling better Sue! Now ya can spend your time doing what ya love.