Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-06-2016, 12:12 PM

A swoony bride-to-be... :-))))
I don't remember seeing the flimsy. Well, the finished item is always worth a picture too. :-)
Old 08-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

When I get some free time, givio I will take one...right now 2 yo is sleeping under it...
Old 08-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
When I get some free time, givio I will take one...right now 2 yo is sleeping under it...
Aw... now that would make a great picture!

Givio, you have no idea how often those brides get swoony. I worked at a bridal shop and if you had to work on the fitting longer than about 20 minutes, they start dropping like flies! I don't know if it's the excitement, or they get hot, or what, but it happens a lot. We gave out a lot of bottles of water.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:14 PM

I am very tired tonight. I taught a class today. Gosh It amazes me how much that takes outta me.

Hmmm, OK I do seem to kinda remember a pict of a ton of 9 patches in a pickle jar but it does seem that it was a looong time ago. I sure am looking forward to the finished pict.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Power Poster

Look what I played with today... Bought the pattern a couple weeks ago and dug in today. I used 8 of my license plates and constructed it differently than the pattern, but it's coming along pretty well! This is just the 'outer' part of the bag. The lining will be made separately with a zippered pocket and two other pockets for stash, then inserted and connected with a binding around the top. Nice size tote and I can enjoy the plates that didn't go into my quilt. There are also patterns out there for smaller bags with just one or two plates-- zip pouches and wallets, I think. Hope you like it, so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555464[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555465[/ATTACH]

Plates from all over! Thanks for sending them.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02690-small-.jpg   dsc02692-small-.jpg  
Old 08-06-2016, 09:47 PM

That looks great SBG! I'm making a wall hanging for my sewing room with mine, as soon as I finish with the FWS 30's blocks. Only 3 more to go and we will be done, done, done!!! Yay!
Old 08-07-2016, 05:27 AM

My Quilt room is a mess yet; cannot do any FW blocks...still searching for things I 'put up' so I could find them.

JanRN, the package of brown legal sized padded envelop was sent out for delivery, but I may have misaddressed it 'cause it was was undeliverable by the PO tracking. Maybe you can still contact the PO Monday and get a hold of it, I hope. Please let me know if my childhood blonde moments addressed it wrong.

Much too do; so little time. One step at a time. Have a great Sunday and family dinners.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Wo much news today; good news, Honchey. I believe the Lord does answer prayers, but sometimes in Lord's time and not ours.

SBG, your always sound so young in your messages here, I cannot imagine Kids and grandchildren...but I dwell in past times and not always moving on with ages of younger members...realizing, yes, time does past all too soon many times.

Sweet corn is all done and in the freezer; I did it all by myself! This day is done and I am going to bed. Good night all.
How did you freeze your sweetcorn? One time I got some from a lady that was moving and she was emptying her freezer - she had frozen the WHOLE thing. It tasted like fresh from the field.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
That looks great SBG! I'm making a wall hanging for my sewing room with mine, as soon as I finish with the FWS 30's blocks. Only 3 more to go and we will be done, done, done!!! Yay!
Thank you, Jeanie! See your plate on there?

Once the blocks are done for our FWS30s, we will still have the job of setting them! Ugh. I much prefer making them.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:56 AM

DBG, I would rather make and design blocks than put them together or sew into a quilt top. Love your bag idea, and I think you did a wonderful job on your bag. You get to carry a reminder of us all with you on F A R T trips...if you don't understand what that stands for ask JanRN.

I remember your squares, OK, but when you get time, it would be nice to see the whole quilt.

Back at my Quilt Room, where I am going as slow as the slowest snail in the world. LOL!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-01-2017 at 06:08 AM. Reason: remove off topic