Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-18-2016, 05:54 AM

Hi Everyone, Got 2 2 gallon ziplock bags of scraps ..Separated them by size, shape, length etc then decide to play a bit..some of the stitchers, including me haven't done alot of machine applique so I thought this would be a good way to earn to go around curves and angles...then we can sew each block with different color sashing and come up with a really cool kids quilt...
Attached Thumbnails dscn2864.jpg  
Old 10-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Power Poster

Those are cute, Honchey. Did you turn all of those edges? Or use fusible? How did you do it?

If you'd like some more scraps, I have a bunch I just 'culled'. I went through my bin of novelty scraps and pulled out any that were smaller or narrower than 2", to be thrown out. I decided not to keep anything smaller than 2" anymore, because I just don't use them. Would you like to have them?
Old 10-18-2016, 11:25 AM

I just lost my message and have to start all over.

Yes, Sewbiz I would love the scraps and Thank You...

the triangles I just dotted them with the glue pen and the other I used Sulky heat N bond..I didn't turn any edges..
some shapes I used the buttonhole method one I did a zigzag stitch and most of them I sewed inside the edge of the shape..I'm kind of new with the machine stitching..I really love to do them by hand but these are too small for my fat fingers.. I didn't want to sew the little pieces for these scraps..I want to do something different then I thought of just putting them on a large piece of fabric but then I would have to turn it around alot..too bulky for me..smaller blocks are perfect for this..easy to turn around..I could even line up the triangles in a flying geese design.. A checker board design using squares..just basic shapes... sash them with different colored strips all around then sew them all together..no cornerstones..just simple & easy..

I'll PM you my address..Thanks again for the offer...
Old 10-18-2016, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

Got it. Lets be sure to show off our scrappy quilts as we make them!
Old 10-18-2016, 02:48 PM

Very pretty, Honchey.

My day did not go as planned. Dh has developed a blood 'pool' behind his left eye retina, and we are trying hard to get him an appointment in DM asap. Work on that again in the morning, bake and can sweet potatoes, and sew in the QR. He cannot get in Thursday when I am going up, so praying for good news. Both of us are completely bushed and think the good neighbor was too tonight. She drove over three counties in Iowa to the eye and back again. Priceless.

Have a good week, folks.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

I'm so sorry NinaSue. Hope your hubby can get in and get taken care of tomorrow. It's great to have good neighbors. You are right... they are priceless!
Old 10-18-2016, 05:41 PM

OH QNS that is terrible! HUGGS.
I have been so exhausted that I have only been lurking when I come here. DM is still in the hospital. ;( We go 2 steps forward then one step back.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:19 PM

Huggs & prayers going out to Bev & her Dmom, QNS and Mr QNS.. Ah, Life can be a real struggle sometimes..

I'm puttering around the house packing up my stuff tonite and tomorrow..give my neighbor what's perishable in the fridge in the morning..freeze some water bottles for the cooler..gather the goodies for snacking on the ride home on Thursday..Time really flew by this time down here.. Back to the gathering & packing.. H.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Power Poster

Bev, sorry your mom is still not doing well. Hope she takes a turn for the better soon! I can totally understand your being exhausted.

Honchey, have safe travels when you leave on Thursday. Hope everything is good at the house when you get home.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:37 AM

Hi Everyone,

some of my wrapped rope projects.. The little cube storage unit I put together and my latest acquisition.
Attached Thumbnails dscn2866.jpg   dscn2867.jpg   dscn2868.jpg