Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 71 72
Results 1,776 to 1,797 of 1797

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Givio, I have been amiss not to say how wonderful your two quilt pieces look. So many things going on, and another gets thrown in for good measure.

Yesterday started fine, for the first three miles. Then a deer hit the driver's side front of our GMC 2010 Arcadia and stopped us instantly. Thanks to good neighbors, Highway patrol, wrecker, insurance company, and dh, we made it to DM. Today the fallout on how where and when of it all and planning to get dh to Pella Iowa for his operation to fix his problem. My hand hurts; not to use it is very as I am right handed. (Cancer cellls gone.) Can only pet fabric for two weeks until stitches are out. One hour or one day at a time; one step at a time. Life can be very challenging.

OH Sue & I am so glad to hear that you 2 came outta that wreck alright. Those deer are running from each other (as they are in the rut) & they pay no attention to traffic.
    I am happier today. I was sulky all day yesterday. I have to just give #1DSis to God.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

QNS, There is a heavy deer population here, and every November when the hunters take to the woods there are always deer that have been hit on the side of the road, or in the middle of the road, where the deer died. It's very dangerous to drive in the country at either dawn or dusk. I've been in a car that hit a deer too. I'm glad you are okay after it, although it does take time to get calm and come out on the other side of such events...

Blog Entries
    So sorry you met up with a deer! Hopefully your trip to Pella can be arranged and injuries were not any more serious. Still a bummer when it happens. The deer sure are a trouble especially this time of year...talked to a customer yesterday and she's had 3 run in's in the past 2 weeks.

Bev, I understand...haven't talked to my DSIS since she came home from hospital...I'm hoping she's not lighting up either. It is so frustrating to see them destroy their health.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Acadia GMC is in the shop in Unionville so its handy to check on there. Unknown how long it will take to repair it. Or how much. We have rented a van from Enterprise Car Rental for tomorrow...so we drive to Kirksville with the agent and sign release forms and on to Pella a three hour drive from there. Not enough agents to drop the car off to us. We match the insurance amount plus taxes to upgrade to the van from tiny little roller skates size to large economic size. And we cannot return it on Saturday...they are not open. So much for customer service of the old days. Have handicap motel room. Will be ready for an early morning check in at the hospital on Friday.

Dr's here will take my stitches out on the seventh; then I can stitch and sew and cut in the QR again. Cannot afford much the rest of the month, but we will have our health again so we are blessed.

Back home again and all is well. Hope to get into the QR this week. Weather is warm, bright sunshine. Have a great weekend.

QNS! That's a good update. :-)

I am so glad to hear that your trip went well QNS. We too are having lovely weather. We haven't had to turn on the heater nor air conditioners for over a week.
    about 3 weeks ago we got some low temps early one morning. We must of actually hit freezing for a very short time. The tomatoes died back. I had moved my very tender potted plants inside but most everything else weren't affected by the cold temps. Well Wed I was out looking at things & I noticed that one of the cherry tomatoes was regrowing some leaves. Since it is still in a pot we moved it inside. Now it had rooted a tiny bit through the drain holes but I don't think those roots are dominant enough to be a problem. We did cut it back to where the leaves were growing. Anyway we have it right by the French door that we don't use very much. It is a West facing window/door. I will have cherry tomatoes early next year I think.
    Bev

We had a good helping pair of hands from Jerry's cousin's wife and sister,( Jean and Ruth Ann) coming home from Pella...so I could turn the rented van back in and avoid weekend charges (and get a refund!). Also they helped pack up the Motel so I could settle that bill, picked up dh at hospital and drove us home. If you have to be sick, Pella Health Center is one of thee best, in Pella, Iowa. A Dutch settlement originally and a lot of good people there today. Their cafeteria exceeds expectations, as all their staff does, down and including volunteers. I slept on the sofa in dh's room, quite soundly. I was very shaky from having the flu and operation on my right hand, (and not sleeping a wink at the motel) so the volunteer lady took me to the cafeteria and picked me up in a wheel chair, delivering me back to dh's room. Service with a smile, and everything looking clean. Nor can I say enough good things about his doctor, Aaron Smith...no wonder why he is in high demand at Grinnell, Pella, and Ottumwa, Iowa.

Tomorrow we find out the story on the GMC, how long it will take to fix it. My old town and country Chrysler 2000 will get us around locally. Our good neighbor took half the laying hens today and 16 dozen eggs, so there is less work for dh to do outside. Hoping she will pick up the remaining chickens soon, leaving only the Giant White Pekin Ducks to feed during the winter months.

Glad all worked out so well for you and dh, QNS. Good hospital and staff makes the whole ordeal much more pleasant. Last Christmas while the whole family was traveling to Virginia, and I got hit with unexpected vertigo so bad in the car that we thought I was having a stroke, we ended up at a hospital in Jackson, Tenn. They were also a great hospital with wonderful staff. Wish we had one that good here. (And no more vertigo, thank God!)

Bev, hope you enjoy those tomatoes! I pulled all my potted plants inside for the winter, before I got caught by a frost.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am not a happy camper. Late this morning I came into the kitchen & was gonna do some sewing. DH was in the enclosed carport doing some more organizing. Well when I turned on the light nothing happened. So I got DH on the job. First we went into town & got a new switch. That didn't fix it. So we took down the clear panels down from the ugly drop down ceiling & took one of the 8 ft florescent bulbs down & went back into town to get 2 new ones. Well that didn't work. So we took down the rest of the light & discovered that the wires are all burned up, all the way into the ceiling. Grrrrr we are gonna have to call an electrician tomarrow.
    Bev

Oh bummer... so sorry, Bev!
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html

Dublb, better you discovered it before your house burned down. It may have saved your lives.

Waiting for our State Farm Insurance claim people to tell us what they are going to do; cheapest is to not fix it...total it out. They will know by Wednesday. Had to buy new tires for the 2000 Chrysler so we can use it for local driving until they decide.

Time for lunch and sewing in QR.

Bev, Not fun to need an electrician-- but it's nice to know that you were safe while that light fixture was doing it's thing up in the ceiling!

We always take in our hibiscus plants, the mandevilla vine, the geraniums, etc. It's sort of a mess to get all the pots situated in the house for the winter.

I baked a really sweet squash recently. I'm hoping it was a heritage variety where the seeds will produce, because I've saved them. They are drying on a towel on the dining room table. In a couple of months I'll plant them to see what happens. Any gardener here have any tips for me in this process? I usually buy packets of seeds, but I thought I'd try saving my own. It was such a tasty squash!! I want it's babies!!

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post

I baked a really sweet squash recently. I'm hoping it was a heritage variety where the seeds will produce, because I've saved them. They are drying on a towel on the dining room table. In a couple of months I'll plant them to see what happens. Any gardener here have any tips for me in this process? I usually buy packets of seeds, but I thought I'd try saving my own. It was such a tasty squash!! I want it's babies!!
    Wouldn't that be cool, if you could grow some more from your seeds!

That is looking ahead to Spring, Givio. Squash makes a wonderful soup. We grow some every year. And purple sweet potatoes too.

Everyone have a great day!

I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 8:30 with Mike. I woke up at the ungodly time of 3:30am! I did sleep 7 hours & I guess that is more than I usually get. I was able to get ready slowly to go to DD's house. I got there at 7:45am. We got busy right away & got the furniture moved outta the way so as to be able to paint half of the living room w/Kills again. While moving the last piece of furniture (The couch) I started having asthma. It has progressively gotten worse through the day. We did get 2 coats of Kills on that half of the floor. I then came home & got ready for my Sew & Share day in Brownwood/Early. Even though I was late, I had a great time. I coughed the whole time I was there. I got home & had tacos for supper. (Yup, DH made tacos for a Taco Tuesday. ) By the time I finished supper I realized that I am sick. Everytime I cough I feel like the top of my head is gonna explode. I have dosed myself up good & am gonna head to bed finally.
    I am not sure that I am gonna be able to go back over to DD's to help do the last half of the floor tomarrow. I guess it has to do w/how well I feel when I get up in the morning.
    Bev

Bev, stay home and rest! When you are sick you don't need to be pushing yourself or smelling fumes from the Kilz. At least one day of rest at home will do you much good. I'm sure your daughter would agree.

I am home. DH is gonna go & get me some Musinex D in a bit. Sigh. I don't like being down.
    Bev

No one likes being down, Dublb; but you know the steps to take to feel better and that is the best part.....feeling better very soon.

State Farm Insurance is paying off our GMC loan and giving us back the 'extra' amount to be a down payment on a new or newer car. Hurrah! We will have it before Christmas. I think it might be a Subaru Outback or Jeep Patriot; time will tell. Wanna see out windows, be able to get into the car, have light towing, and 4 wheel drive.

Feel better, Bev!

QNS, great that your insurance company is taking care of your GMC. Won't it be fun to have a new car!

I have figured out my "back" problem. Yes, I have degenerated discs (two of them), but my pain has been much lower... sacral, rather than lumbar where the bad discs are. I started looking into the piraformis (runs horizontally from the top of the femur to the sacrum in the spine), and that is right where my pain is. I believe I have piraformis syndrome, from working too hard in the gym. It causes sciatica too. So I mentioned this to my therapist and she started doing pressure releases of my piraformis... and voila! Like magic it takes away the pain. I also need muscle relaxant to keep the piraformis from contracting and staying contracted. Oh, it's so wonderful to have some relief and some hope!

Good for you SBG, to have figured out where it hurt and what to do about it.

Looked for a newer car today and no luck. Hope next week goes better.

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 71 72