Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 12-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

Congrats Bev on the sale! I'm sure it was hard to leave your home. Hope you take many happy memories with you.
My daughter did a barbecue for her neighborhood and it was a really great thing. They got to know each other and it was the beginning of a really caring, tight-knit neighborhood community.

Wish we could help you get settled in!
Old 12-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Power Poster

Oh happy day, Bev...a more settled life is ahead....
Old 12-07-2016, 10:44 PM

Great news Bev!!! You must be relieved to be able to finally get settled for good!
Old 12-09-2016, 12:24 PM

Dublb, bet you'all feel better about everything in one place. We are still sorting from eleven years ago move in...and I am throwing stuff away or giving it away. Too much was on my shoulders then to sort it all out like I should have. The push was to load up and go...dh was physically sick with his neck and shoulders and pain that would put him down and out. We later found it was is bone spurs on his neck vertebrata that caused so much pain. Our ex-landlord drove the truck or helped dh drive it and I drove the van all the way back without anyone's help. . . .all 1500 miles of it. Glad I don't have to do that again!

Working on the two S&W quilts....trying wrap them up. Was not satisfied with neighbor's quilt, so I am ripping out or re-cutting some major border pieces to do it right for her. She was not that experienced in triangular piecing. Butg she is learning fast.Now that three are done...working on the three more...not bored at all working on them.

Cooler weather here; hope its sunny where you are. Have a good day.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Can't wait to see those S&W quilts, QNS. S&W is always pretty.

We had our first sunny day in a week today... but coooooooold! Temps dropped into the teens overnight and today it was in the low 40's with a bitter cold wind. That's cold for Mississippi! We have had a fire going in the fireplace round the clock. So nice and warm and comforting.

I'm doing the Mystery Quilt but also have a big 'push' on to finish some crocheted slippers for my DSIL. They look like tanks-- military tanks-- on your feet. He begged me to make them for him, so how can I say no to my favorite (and only) SIL? After that I might try some simpler slippers for my other 2 sons. We are taking a family trip this Christmas so we agreed not to buy any presents bigger than some stocking stuffers, but I might have one gift each to sneak in. I have some aprons made for the girls, my DD and DDIL.

Sign ups are open for the new Boom swap! I had so much fun doing the last one that I signed up again. I got some awesome blocks and love my quilt.

Hope you all are keeping warm and finding your joy.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:43 PM

Moving is such a chore (when you have lived some time) that it makes me tired just reading about it! When you are young, and have not much, it's a more pleasant adventure.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:04 PM

Hey guys! Look at what I drug out to play with! PC blocks!
Well one is a substitute; the Lemoyn Star (Sp?)
Flying Clouds liked to have ate my lunch!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563395[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563396[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pc-flying-clouds.jpg   pc-lemoyn-star.jpg  
Old 12-10-2016, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

Have fun Bev...how many blocks do you have left? Sounds like everyone will enjoy some time to stay inside this week...it's 10* now with a high of 19 plus 5-8" of snow to come....going to be in the office again today...May try to take a sewing break....hope you all can, too.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Love your blocks, Bev... is the whole quilt red white and blue? I missed out on that QAL...
Old 12-10-2016, 09:36 PM

OK, I think I have about 42 done. I also have bought some patriotic panels to add in.
I am gonna say that even though I only have a wood burning stove to heat the house, it does get cold down in Brady. But not near as cold as any of ya'll! Well I guess ya stay warm JeanieG, now don't ya? Anyway, it was cold this last week but is gonna warm right back up for this next week.
Yes, SBG, I bought my first fabrics before I even got the book. Sigh. Don't ever do that! I have to make several sub's as some of these blocks don't look right, to me, in my RW&B.