Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 12-26-2016, 07:28 PM
Power Poster

A Happy New Year ahead, QNS! So much to be thankful for.

The oyster dressing and soup sound like wonderful gifts! And the fruit... how nice that was. We didn't give gifts this year either... just stuffed each other's stockings with candy and goodies. It was enough.

I am ready to get back home. We have to wait til tomorrow to see if I can get in to have one more test run as an outpatient, related to my vertigo attack a few days ago. I feel so much better but may as well have this last test done if they can get me in before the end of Dec. On the same year's deductible it will be like a free test. But I'm ready to get back to my own home and my normal routine.

Take care everyone. Enjoy the Christmas lights and decorations while they are still up.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:01 PM

We had a wonderful Christmas in Midland at #2DSis's house. Dd got well. Her DH is still out on a rig in the Gulf Coast but she & the kids came. DB & his family drove in from Springfield. They drove most of the night. They stopped & got a hotel in Munday TX, slept for 3 hours & then started driving again. Got into town around noon. OH & one of my cousins came. We still had our meal at 6PM & then presents afterward. 27 people. It was wonderful.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

LOVELY, Bev!
Old 12-27-2016, 05:33 PM

SBG, You need another test? Did I miss something? I hope it's not serious and you are back to normal soon!

My sister gave me a wonderful embroidery scissors on Christmas Eve, and I used the day on Christmas sewing and playing with the new scissors. I had the day off on Monday, and continued on with the new quilt top I'd started to test my new scissors, and got it to 50" square. The two days of sewing were so pleasant.

My husband and I don't exchange gifts. QNS, you are right, 'it's a blessing to have each other and health.'

Bev, 27 people! What a treat!
Old 12-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

Christmas isn't over here..DD comes in on Thursday...I have 36 hours to get the 2nd bedroom ready...the first is almost ready....milk check today so will go pay some bills tonight. I worked today and it was very busy...boss was gone with her girls, so I was solo. Coworker came to pick up some things for herself so she started cutting for me...a saving grace.

MrOK and I don't exchange gifts either...haven't for years...kids always came first..I sewed a few towels earlier and a fleece hoodie..two more to go....this Santa has a couple of things to finish before Thursday...a little midnight oil to burn...later. Happy New Year all...
Old 12-27-2016, 09:41 PM
Power Poster

Nice you have a little more time to get your gifts done, OK... Long Christmas, for you!

We go home tomorrow and I'm ready. I know hubby is too. Please pray I will be able to have this last test worked in before the weekend, so it can go on the same yearly deductible as the rest of the bill!

Givio, it's a CTA, a cat scan with arterial dye, of my neck and head. They need to see if there is any kind of blockage or evidence of a stroke. I've already had a cat scan and MRI of my head alone.
Old 12-28-2016, 07:33 AM

SBG, Praying you have peace and there is nothing to worry about after seeing test results...
Old 12-30-2016, 10:31 PM

SBG-Here are my prayers that ya got your test or are gonna get it tomarrow( scratch that) today. I do love that puppy that is in your avatar. CUTE!

DD came back to Brady w/us & we had a very nice visit! We also got the carpet & vinyl plank ordered. The carpet should be installed in the next 2 weeks! It will be upstairs. The downstairs will be the vinyl plank. It should be installed at the end of the month. I am excited!
Tomarrow DH & I are going into Sam Angelo to check about ordering my sewing studio.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:05 AM

Dublb, that sounds so exciting to 'order a sewing studio'! Good luck with the design. Don't forget a comforable chair. LOL!

Sounds so nice, OK, to have company that makes you happy twice: when they come, and when they go. Enjoying every minute of the visit.

SBG, I d;o ;hope all your tests do not turn up anything serious...just what needs to be fixed or can be mended.

Life has a way of changing in a second; enjoy each day as a gift. Cherish the moments. Give friends and family an extra hug or two.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for your prayers... I was able to get in for my scan with dye yesterday. I won't know the results til next week, as my dr. is out of town. But I'm believing all is well.

The pup is my handsome fella, Marty. He's my bestest friend. He is half collie/ half lab. And too smart for his own good!

I am up to date on the BH mystery quilt, and also the Merry Mayhem New Year's Day mystery. Just waiting for tomorrow when all the rest of the MM clues are released, hourly. I really should clean house today, but would so much rather sew....