Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-18-2013, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Anael ... Oh silly me! yes I knew about your log cabin blocks. Then just show us what you have done!!! That'd be FUN. I just need to have my brain in gear to follow the bread crumbs you left .... and need to think of what to say. OK ... so you think that I am never at a loss for words, do youÉ (danged non-=question mark!) Well. I truly do get lost for words, lots of the time!! Good luck with your kitty-cat`s report from the vet.

QNSue ... remember I have my own vision problems too. I empathize with you for sure and keep you as my role model whenever I whimper and whine ... and just plunder along! I feel stuffed, just reading your breakfast!! ... is this your cooking day or your husband`s ENJOY and good luck in your sewing room today.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:45 AM

Anael instructions were very clear and easy to follow, e-card has been sent. I would love to see the look on her face when she receives these.

TIP. I did print the instructions and had it sitting in front of me, it made it very easy.

Time for me to go to bed now it is almost midnight
Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 AM

I went to the site, and looked at the cards; not reading or understanding Dutch, I did not know what card to choose...are they all get well cards, wishing you well, or ? please advice, I do not wish to offend by selecting the wrong card!

Yes, QuiltE, life is what it is, not what we want it to be. Breakfast is a virtual one...not real. Too much work. Off to sewing room to work on dh bd gift of the pockets that hang over the edge of the bed. Dd says she still has hers that I made when she was a teenager, and that surprised me!! Dd is was a teenager more than a decade ago...years are flying by. Everyone have a good day!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:07 AM

Thanks so much mirabelle! Yes, I would love to see that too
Sleep well and CU in the morning!

The vet just called, nothing wrong so no clue why she behaves like she does and is losing weight all the time, gaining some and losing it again. Monday we will put her on painkillers, see if that works.

Here are my log cabin blocks. I just pinned them to my design wall, it's not how it's going to be in the quilt. The pattern will be the same but it's 8 blocks square when finished with applique butterfly blocks in the middle.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388806[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails log-cabin-blocks-390-x-410-.jpg  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 AM

QNS, yes they all are get well cards but some are not what you want to send. Text on the pizza card: we miss you; the one will all the colored lips: kisses for you and personally I wouldn't pick the ones with the blue or pink ladies. But that's up to you.
She won't be offended, she knows you don't speak Dutch so that's no problem.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 AM

Hi Everyone,

Nice to hear from you, Bev. I've been puttering away at the PC and only have the last four to make. I haven't been on QB very much. Hope all is well with you.

Quilt E,
I suspect that because your problem keeps coming back that your keyboard must be set to Canada .... thus the French characters. Try this:

Go to Control Panel > Region and Language > Keyboards and Languages tab > Change keyboards button

Remove all keyboards other than Canadian English > Apply > OK

Hope it works.

J
Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 AM

Hi Everyone, I'm back!!!! I promised myself no computer...anything...until I get most of the bbblocks in order and ready to finish...you have no idea how hard that was for me...no games...nothing!!! I'm almost finished with the placement and sewing of them..now to sew the sections together and then remove the paper and I will be done...cooked...I think I bit off more than I expected...every block is the same but different...

It took me awhile to read all the going's on here...Everyone is so busy....the weather here has been beautiful..sunny & warm...it changed to cold overnite but it's bright and sunny today....

I've been very lucky at Bingo lately...I have won every time...that's so unusual for me and I'm not going to complain.. I have a recipe for carrot cake that is so very good...I have to copy it and then I will post it for anyone that would like to have it...it has such a good flavor..is moist, dense and the icing is so smooth and the cake as a whole is not overly sweet. I can't wait to make it...
QNS, I had an english muffin with butter and your jam and it was sooo good...best grape jam I ever had..Thanks so much...
I have to go now...DH wants me to research golf clubs for him...Will check in later ...
Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 AM

Great to hear from you Honchey! After seeing a sneak peek of your blocks I would say they will be MUCH appreciated by all. I can't wait to see IRL!!

We are having a beautiful day...40*+ today! I will be spending my afternoon in the clubhouse...if I can' just stop messing around on the computer. Bye for now....
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM

Carrot Cake

1 can (1 lb 4 oz.) crushed pineapple (recipe calls for pineapple in syrup but I prefer in natural juice)

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup granulated sugar

4 eggs

1 lb. carrots shredded

1 cup raisins

2 tsp. vanilla

3 cups flour

2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 tsp. ground ginger

1/2 tsp. salt

Silky Frosting

Drain pineapple well. (Can be used as sweetener in beverages, cottage cheese and yogurt). Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until blended. Beat in pineapple, carrots, raisins and vanilla.

Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Beat small amounts of dry ingredients into pineapple mixture until well blended. Pour into greased and floured 13 X 9 in. baking pan. Bake in 350 degree oven 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely. Spread with Silky Frosting. Makes 20 servings.

Silky Frosting

1pkg. (8 oz. Cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

2 tbsps. pineapple juice

1 & 1/2 cup sifted confectioners sugar (I don't sift - it's so messy and it doesn't seem to matter)

Cream the cheese and butter together until light and fluffy. Beat in the pineapple juice. Gradually beat in the confectioners sugar until the frosting is blended and smooth.

Enjoy!!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:21 AM

QuiltE - I agree with Janie, I think your computer is set to the wrong country/language.

Honchey - so glad to hear from you, I've copied the recipe, sounds wonderful!!!