Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Power Poster

Thanks OKSGlad ... yes the black is my design wall. Good point to skip black, being that it's for a child. I was thinking of the polka dots and the black in the print. And definitely would not be putting the white on the edge for the same reasons you mentioned. ONly had thought it might be a narrow stripe around before a border, but think it could take away from the Irish Chain/ Good thought to look for a blue. Surely, I must have some of that!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:33 PM

QuiltE, your card will be printed this monring. It's 7.30 am here and deadline is 7.45 so no problem!

I love your quilt! I wouldn't use black either, but I would use white for a narrow border before the final border. I don't think it takes away from the Irish Chain. Show us what you have!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:46 PM

QuiltE I agree with Anael, regarding a small white border then final border of the pink with black spots, cute quilt, the teddy fabric is adorable...

Anael I hope everything is going well on your side of the world
Old 01-20-2013, 10:52 PM

No phonecalls last night, meaning Bram and Isa survived the first 24 hours. My DS told me yesterday they would have to make funeral arrangements for Julian and he asked me to be with him when he had to make that call. Last night he said the nurses were wrong and there will be no funeral. It's very confusing. According to the Dutch law babies born after 24 weeks pregnancy have to be burried but because he was already dead it doesn't apply. We will find out today what is needed and what we have to do according to the law.
I'm going to get dressed now, have to be ready for immediate take off!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

Anael ... What a difficult time for you ... joy and sadness together, and I'm sure it's hard for all of you to find the Happy in your son's Birthday today too. I hope I made the cut off for the card printing. Good Luck today!

MiraB and Anael ... Thanks! I only wish I could do that! I only have a few crumbs of the polka dot fabric left and actually had to patch a few of the pieces to finish what I've done. Yes, bad planning on my part, as had measured just too close that it wasn't even enough in the end. So, if I go for a border, it has to be a new fabric, other than the white as a thin strip. Will do some stash shopping today and see what possibilities I have.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:58 AM

QuiltE, you're like me, I always find myself looking for borderfabric as I seem to forget I have to have borders!

I just came home from the hospital. My DS and DDIL can take Julian home with them if they want to. They have yet to decide.
Bram's condition is very unstable but considering everything he's doing ok. Isa is not as unstable as Bram and she's doing ok too. The next two months are crucial, when they make it through these two months there's hope they will be home end of April.
I saw Isa, compared to Bram she's a big girl! Bram is so tiny, you can't imagine. They both are beautiful but hardbreaking small.

My DDIL wants to thank you all for the cards she got this morning ! She never expected to get cards from the US, Canada and Australia And yes QuiltE, your card made it too!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM

Aneal
Im glad to hear little Bram and Isa are doing well the first 24 hours! that is a GOOD thing!

If your DS and wife WANT a funeral for little Julian, Im sure it is possible. the law HERE it is OPTIONAL for a still birth baby, and MANDATORY for a live birth baby. you may want to call a funeral home, they are very informative and sensitive, and know what the law is, they are giving of their time and most will do an infant funeral for no charge.

God Bless little Julian, Bram, Isa, Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma Aneal
Old 01-21-2013, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Hey QE! Is the black your design board? Although it looks nice I think black gives a somber look to the quilt. After all it's for a child! Adding more border and you may get to the point of using more than a width of fabric for the backing (Oh My-my practical nature is setting in) White on the edge of a child's quilt--oh the dirt will show. For binding can you look through your stash for a soft blue to pull the blue out of the bear blocks? Time to call it a night. Later.G

QuiltE CUTE baby quilt!!! I think it is just about perfect! oksewglad is right! do you want to make it wider than the backing fabric??? LOL

personaly I like a softer contrast on the border/binding of a baby quilt. the pink or a stripe would be lovely blue as well! there is a REAL fad with babygirl fabrics with BLUE
Old 01-21-2013, 04:38 PM

Sew much for good intentions...no AIL quilt tied, not a package ready to sent out tomorrow...guess it will Thursday, thee 24th of the month....failed to locate a darning needle, so decide to use embroidery floss instead of yarn but too tired to complete the task today.

Yep, DH was wonderful with the plumbers with me gone, he had them shut the water off at the main kitchen sink... and I called them this afternoon and told them , I was going to be home tomorrow I would give them a big argument on how much I need that sink. Plumbers laughed and said they would be here at nine on Wednesday to fix it... really it only leaked for 3 months before I could get dh to even 'look' at it...it was leaking at Thanksgiving!! Then he says the plumber did a better act than the one on TV...that was famous for the 'rear' view...so I am leaving them to their job on Wednesday and not peeking once!! Give the men 'room' to do their thing!! I prefer NOT to know the view. LOL!!

Now to find what we were suppose to put on the BBs....cannot remember tonight.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:34 PM

QNS--do you mean what to write on the block? Most people are putting their board name, location and the date.

I made some good progress quilting Rosie today. I got 2 rows done (9 blocks of 18..the blocks are set on point so the 2 middle rows have more blocks than the 2 rows on either side). If I can get out there earlier tomorrow I should be able to get the other blocks done before taking the dogs to the vet (shots) at 3. Then I can do borders on Thursday and maybe even get the binding done over the weekend! I hope my PC blocks/quilts go together this fast!