Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 132 of 542 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 131 132 133 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    DublB ... I looked at your pattern last night ... are the pinwheels done with HSTs? or are you doing Y seams? If HSTs, do them with the squares with double stitching line. It's on the bias, but not at all like sewing after it has been cut.
    They are made w/HST's & not Yseams. The cuttin' directions said ta cut 80 squares o' 2 different fabrics, then cut 'em on the bias. If I had known that half o' 'em were gonna be made inta the pinwheels & half were gonna be sewn onta the side sashin' strips, I'd o' cut the ones for the pinwheels bigger & done 'em the way ya just described. Argue!
    I'm glad ya got the machine that'll work for ya. It'll be there soon.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

and you thought I didn't have any ufo's, my DD calls me the Queen of Starting Quilts !!!!!!!! but after my sorting yesterday I am focused on getting a few finished...

This one I found hanging in the cupboard, had forgotten about it so it will be quilted next... and I made a table runner and table mat to match. The mini Dresdens were made from 2 1/2 inch strips and I hand appliqued them..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Another ufo, this one is on my design wall now, just have to finish the applique, then it just needs the quarter square triangle blocks for the border and they are already pieced. So I am off to do some stitching.

This was in a Quilting magazine, called Late Bloomers by Kym Deihl, I just loved it even though it is not my normal colour choice
    Karen

ooops, don't know what happened to my picture
    Karen

Now ain't those purdy??? I especially like the Dresden Plate.
    Bev

DublB ... It's going to be such a nice quilt, so stick with it. With the stars, I can see why they had you use a focus block instead of a pieced one ... let the starts show themselves off!

MiraB ... Such a contrast between the two ... The white and dresdens is so fresh. And yes, the Later Bloomers is just not your norm ... if I didn't know, I'd have said it belonged to CarrieM. More her colours, I'd say. One thing about UFOs, it doesn't take as much work to finish them!! Let your daughter say what she wishes ... you may have UFOs but you have a LOT of finishes!

Good Night ladies!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QNS, I hope the news won't be bad! Thinking of you today ((((HUGS))))

Mirabelle, like QuiltE I didn't think you have UFO's...... I love the Late Bloomers even though it wouldn't have been my choice of colours too. The Dresden is lovely, would be a great practice quilt

QuiltE, thanks, you posted the link in the other thread. I think I need to make a new list of all the projects I want to do and of all the projects I have to finish first before I start new ones We can only have one Queen of Starting Quilts, can't we? LOL

Jeanie, such a lovely block! GrannyQ, great job with your first try on batiks! I LOVE batiks!!

Today I won't be sewing much. This morning I won't be home, will be back at about 1.30 pm. The weather will be nice again today so maybe I will buy some plants for my garden. It's a tiny garden so I won't need that many
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Mirabelle--those are some nice UFOs do you have a plan for them once finished? QE is right I am drawn to the darker one...I really do like them both though.

Anael--hope you have a nice day even if it isn't in the sewing room.

QE--did you see my email about the sewing machine feet? I see you are "here" so thought I would ask.

Anael ... you could always be a Princess!

CarrieM ... your email arrived, along with the notice of the update to this thread. Will go there next.

You all would have laughed at me last night …
    ……. I did a bit of stitching onmy older Janome that I kept when I bought my 6600.
    Yes, had to get my fix!!!!!!

So here I was hitting my machine … to cut the thread.
    Doesn’t do that!
    I kept shifting my right leg to the right, to lift the presser foot.
    Odd enough there was nothing there.
    Such a pain to move my hand in and lift the foot.
    Thankfully needle up/down was on that machine.
    … but without the auto-threadcutter, I had to push that button too.

Add to the fact … its size. Itwas like working on a kid’s machine.

Though I will say … I love how it purred along.

Such a sweet little machine.

Oh what we get used to and that becomes second nature to us!!!
    And ... reinforces, we never miss what we never had ... but gosh, once we have it .............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Ladies

I feel soooo bad, I have cut my pieces for my April MB TWICE and I have to do it again Oh well as long as my ____ dosent mind the wait, it will be a GOOD wait

Yesterday my washer broke, so I took it apart and ordered a new drain pump motor.... Dh hovering over me the entire time asking me if I was doing it right!!! I told him to GO AWAY and got it done... I HOPE my new part comes today oh the treasure hunt of it being delivered UPS... we never know which neighbor will receive it

QNinaSue
    Im sending you warm thoughts today.
    I told Dh what you had to say about the ducks.... sitting at breakfast... "You know, QNinaSue says...."

QuiltE I recieved your little block I will get right on it!

All Have a GOOD one
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Cowgirl up in the the virtual RV for those chocolate cowgirl cookies with a chocolate star in the center. Of course you all deserving a star for today. Very similar to what I sent out in the Christmas cookie boxes Thanks for the hugs for today...this afternoon.

Bf daughter is delivering her latest baby in early June or middle of June so no plans now for the Iowa Shop Hop. She also has been awarded(adopted) the three boys by the state of Iowa...has 3 (two in high school, one born a year ago) other children so is saving for a bigger house. She has a 'boy friend with sleeping privileges' who helps support his son) Bf will be with her at that time period, first priority.

Miss a day....miss alot!!! When I get home I will show you all the UFO's I have....I just wish I had some of the talent of you finishers here...
    MB's should be shown as soon as the first person gets their's...no sense in waiting...

DD, I'm sure your MB receipient will be very understanding....

I can't buy any new fabric with Bingo winnings...they went into the Bingo system never to be found again it seems..

QNS...Thinking of you today.......Will post photos of the two UFO's I brought with me but haven't done anything with....
    I really feel lost without having a car down here....I told DH that I have to HAVE one down here.....so now I can look for one...I am just too used to picking up and going where I want to when I want to...
    I'm going to cut out some more Birdies....this time making sure they have heads & bellies....

Gather around in the RV, everyone, 'cause I am good to go. He removed all the 'Hyperplastic polyp' and fragments of 'tubular adenoma', (one Sigmod colon, two colon polyp, on 60 cm, one at 50 cm) but wants to do the procedure again next year because he says I had too many of them. Since I know they have removed four and six polyps at a time before...I think I am very lucky just to have the three. Also, the nurse was telling me that coarse pepper acts as sandpaper in the colon and reduces the number of polyps in the colon, so I bought some coarse pepper to use with all meals.

Thank you all for your prayers and hugs!!

Bgf went back home to her dh who was missing her.

Oh Sue I am so glad to hear your good news. Whoooo hooo.

I have been thinking of you all day. I went outside to clean up some flower beds, came in for a glass of water and your parcel had arrived. That pansy fabric is gorgeous! I am overwhelmed by your kindness. Thank you so very much. I will put those blocks together and think of you as I stitch.

Sigh o' relief! I'm so glad for ya, Sue! I'm aworkin' on those pesky pin wheels taday.
    Bev

yay!!!!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Great news, QNS. And yes, I've heard coarse black pepper helps keep those nasty polyps away. I've also heard that a baby aspirin a day helps but don't do that unless doc says so (too many side effects). Very happy day for you!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Oh Nina, I am soooo happy for you!!! I've been using the Mccormick Pepper grinder ever since it came out...Very convenient...

Time for dinner...I cooked today and it seemed all day...I hate to clean up after but it needs to be done...Later

Oh what wonderful news QNS!!! So glad everything is okay with you guys.

I did not have such great news at the dermatologist today. Another basal cell carcinoma on my chest, and another spot she did not like the looks of. She did two biopsies and I'll get the results in about 5 days. Darn!!! I had the Mohs system for the other basal cell carcinoma I had on my neck almost 2 years ago and hoped that I was done!

Another problem we had around a week ago. We came home from our camping trip to find part of the living room carpet soaked. We had to have a leak detection company come out to find what was leaking, and it was the drain from the kitchen sink and dishwasher. It had rusted all the way through so we had that fixed. Our house is 50 years old, so I guess it is a wonder it lasted that long. Anyway, what a mess! We are working with a company called ServPro, who cleans up these kinds of things and it looks like it may take awhile to get it all cleaned up. We have a $1,000.00 deductible on our homeowners policy, thank goodness we did not take a higher deductible. We have had two huge dehumidifiers going now for about a week, and I am so tired of hearing those things run, but they are drying everything out pretty well.

On top of that, after all our beautiful weather, we woke up to foggy, drizzly weather today. I really like to wake to the sun. That makes me happy all day!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I know how you felt, JeanieG, 'cause we came home to our CC home with water pouring out the front door. Completely soaked the first floor, all the carpet, etc. Pipe under the sink had burst about mid afternoon. Took us better than a week to clean it all out and dry it out. Good luck to you in your troubles and the skin problems; may you have good news as well.

Yes, the coarse pepper may work, but its like sandpaper under my dentures!! LOL!!

DD--I am sure your MB person will be so happy with the block you send that it won't matter that is was sent out a little later. Hope the 3rd time worked for you!! Good for you fixing the washer mostly by yourself! I wish we could figure out what is wrong with our dishwasher and I would fix that...dishes is my least favorite chore and of course the one you have to do most often.

QNS--so happy to hear that you got good news today at the doctors.

Honchey--how are the birdies coming along??

Janie--do you have flowers coming up yet? Now that the sun has been shining a couple days the tiger lilies are popping up and we have buds on the lilac bushes.

Dublb--did you get your pinwheels done today?

Jeanie--so sorry that your dem. appt wasn't good news. Praying the test results are more favorable. That is terrible to have to come home to a water mess! At least you have some help (even if you have to pay for some of it) and don't have to do it all yourself.

I have some good news...my BB quilt is finished! Got the last border and binding on today. I was going to use blue for the binding but didn't have enough. I found a green that was close enough to the green in the sashing/borders to use. As you can see I pieced the back with the blue/cream used on the front...you can kind of see my quilting...I did SITD with a decorative stitch.

Jeanie we will keep our fingers crossed for you and keep those good vibes headed your way. Hope you get dried up soon, what a pain.

Carrie-- my migraine wasn't too bad, was able to eventually sleep it off. Of course today was sunny so still had a bit of light sensitivity, but I was so glad to see the sun, I went out to the yard to get some work done. I live pretty far north compared to the rest of you so our flowers are still thinking about appearing. Add to that the worst, coldest April in a long while and there's not much green .There are still a few piles of snow around . Our lilacs don't even have a leaf bud that looks even close to opening so I drool over hearing yours are going to flower soon.

But I took this picture today.

Name:  spring 001.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  334.0 KB
    Last edited by JanieW; 04-24-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Oh wow, Carrie. I edited my above post to add that I love your BB quilt and for some reason that didn't show up. Your quilt is terrific. When you do a decorative stitch for quilting can you use your walking foot?

I am really liking your colours.

Page 132 of 542 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 131 132 133 142 182 232 ... LastLast