Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 143 of 542 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 142 143 144 153 193 243 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I have been missing for the past few days or should I say buried under a quilt Will catch up on all the chatter tomorrow. Pics will follow shortly I promise. I think I can see a light at the end of a very long dark tunnel. I have 3 block to cross hatch, 13 1 1/2 inch sashings and 2 side triangles plus the border left to do. There were 72 sashing strips in the quilt. Payment from DD will be a 1kilo bag of Italian Roast coffee beans, a neck and back massage and a carton of Tylenol she doesn't know it yet... I haven't told her I had started her quilt and I just keep telling her I am cleaning up my room but she hasn't believed me and thinks I have started a new quilt I really really want to finish this by Thursday, then I can hang it in the hall and take a good photo of it.. Update on my quilt police, they did not turn up last Thursday Chat soon
    Karen

MiraB ... the QP may have run from town!!
    Maybe add a vat of wine to DDs bill! You will need it after all those 1/2" cross hatches!

Today's Food for Thought
    "The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you,
    whose presence calls forth your best."
    ~~Epictetus~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QuiltE, it is impossible for me to sew on two machines at once; I just wanted a machine to quilt as I go to finish place mats for DD that mine machine would not do two years ago. When dh said I could go for a new machine, I did. But to give dh a machine that he cannot ruin by changing *everything* tensions, etc., that he does by 'playing' with it...I think this one will sew well for him, too.

Other issue, is I promised BIL to finish his squares cut out of Levi jeans that he wants a guitar embroidered on each square. Bf has a machine that will do that,(said she would do them) but she always has a 'new' project to do, and does not finish anything. I am getting the quilt back that she was going to 'redo' right seven years ago and quilt it with the new machine on its borders.

Ggal, its wonderful you have a new dgd. I am convinced we cannot have too many grand kids to spoil. Wish our children felt that way.

Warm comfort food can be great, Honchey. I always follow the recipe on the Quaker Cornbread carton. The failures we feed to the chickens...and they love gravy, too. Chicks only sing to dh if he feeds them mid-afternoon; and they complain if he does not. Made Goulash yesterday; tasted great, warm and perfect for the good cool weather. Weather is to warm up this next week. Chicks and duck babies will all go back outside today.

I saw this quote today, and it made me think of all of you, my PC Friends!!!
    "A good friend is a connection to life --
    a tie to the past, a road to the future,
    the key to sanity in a totally insane world."
    ~~Lois Wyse~~

QuiltE, I'm not so sure about the key to sanity

Jeanie, your quiltback is beautiful! I should think of doing that too, I never pieced a back to it's time I start doing that!

Today was cuddle time They both had a bath and they had it together! I took pictures, as soon as I've got them from my DDIL I will post them. Isa only has the feeding tube, everything else is gone! Bram is still on oxigen because of his cold.
    I was cuddling Isa after she had her bottle and she threw up.......LOL I was covered in yellow smelly stuff! She did a good job as it even was in my hair

The impossible pie is in my oven right now, I'm so curious how it turns out! I hope it works, I've never made this before.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

QNSue ... You are going to have so much fun with both your new machines!
    Talking about feeding the rejects to the chickens, made me think ... why we have not seen a little piggie that would go to market as part of your farm? More good cooking!!!!!!!!!!!

And as I type, I can smell some good comfort food aromas coming from a kitchen in The Netherlands!

Anael .... look at the time of our posts!!
    Bet you "enjoyed" that icky bath that Isa gave you!!!!!!
    Kind of a good news, bad news situation.
    As for the sanity ... you do have a point!
    Though it does make it easier when with others of the same idiocy!!!!!

Good morning ladies!!!!
    my weather has been WINDY, and when its windy there is no internet Oh well!!! Im here now HEY I have little redhead grandbabies at my house oooooooooh and the baby is CHUBBY!!!!

it sounds like you all have been BUSY, I have to talk fast then run away ok?

Anne, I KNEW that block would be perfect for you!!! that antique quilt catches my eye every time I see it, we stop at Cove Fort ALOT to take a bathroom break, it is in the middle of nowhere, but always seems to be on the road to somewhere! I LOVE LOVE that quilt, so Im glad that I FINALLY had a GOOD reason to try out the pattern

QuiltE and NinaSue I ordered the book for six halves I DO have fabric in my stash... it is not blue OR purple! I will take a picture!

Bye for now all
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    And as I type, I can smell some good comfort food aromas coming from a kitchen in The Netherlands!
    Here's the result of my cooking! It's good ! ! ! ! Hurry before I eat it all
    Name:  impossible pie (576 x 432).jpg
Views: 56
Size:  56.5 KB

I did a google search for impossible pie recipes. There are lots of them but: what is baking mix?

Has everyone received the email from me for June MB?

Sorry Ladies, I came here first before reading my emails...

Anael, I think Bisquick is considered baking mix...I'm not sure...I think QNS is qualified to answer that...
    Last edited by Honchey; 05-05-2013 at 08:23 AM.

No Anne, I don't have the June MB. I do have my May block done. I'll need ta take a pict & git it approved by Anael real soon.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Bev, I just sent it again..apparently there's a dub with a different ending so I deleted it...i don't know who that is!!!!

I got it. Now I gotta think a bit for this block
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    No Anne, I don't have the June MB. I do have my May block done. I'll need ta take a pict & git it approved by Anael real soon.
    You do that, Bev, I'm waiting

Anael ... delicious pie! I might make one this afternoon too.
    Yes, Honchey is correct, the baking mix is Bisquick,
    http://lifemadedelicious.ca/product-...FVQFMgodcioAyw

It's a a short cut mix that originally was for tea biscuits, but now there are many variations.

When I googled, I came up with some recipes to make the mix yourself ... they were all pretty much the same, so here's what you could make

Bisquick Substitute - Small Portion

1 cup flour
    1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon shortening

Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
    Cut in shortening using a pastry blender.
    Makes 1 cup Bisquick equivalent.

I've never made the recipe that was posted on the other thread, though have often made the quiche variation. It's kind of neat how the flour falls out to make the crust, isn't it?

DDamsel ... hope that she leaves us a piece for our midnight raid!

DDamsel .. hold on tight to those GrandBabies, so none of you blow away in those winds!

Honchey ... yup, I got my June MB Pardner assignment. Thank YOU for all the work you do to coordinate all these extra curriculars and for keeping it running so smoothly!

I sent a pict o' my May block for approval. Thanks Anael.
    Bev

You've got your stamp Bev

QuiltE, thanks! I looked up 'shortening'. Now I have to look up 'pastry blender' Why don't you all speak Dutch??? It's so much easier LOL

Oh, the impossible pie is in the fridge, there's still a lot left!
    Last edited by Anael; 05-05-2013 at 10:16 AM.

And here I thought shortening was going to be easy enough .... I took out the brand name that they had used int he recipes. You could use butter too.

As for pastry blender ... I don't have one ... I just use two knives, and slice them together, to cut the butter or shortening into small pieces while its in the flour. This way you are not creaming the "fat", and it will leave little crumb like pieces of it in the mixture.

Truth be known ... you speak English so well, I never think of you as Dutch!!

QuiltE, thanks You just made my whole week

I will try with margarine, that's what the recipe said on the internet. I do use two knives for slicing the butter when I make apple pie so that will be the same. I found pictures of a pastry blender, I've never seen it IRL.
    I think tomorrow I will make the quiche variation instead of pizza!
    You all have to come over and eat the impossible pie as I need my lasagna pan for the quiche

I have beef stew cooking on the stove...I am still adjusting to having an electric stovetop and the first thing I now love about it is it's so easy to clean....I find my fairly new gas stove at home a pain to clean and I don't like the grates being so high from the flame...I think it's a waste of energy..my old stove wasn't like that...

My sister uses Bisquick alot...I think I used it once in my life..seriously....I think it's because my stepmom made strawberry short cake using biscuick and it turned out hard as a rock!! I never forgot it...I have a craving for Boston Creme Pie...think I'll make some vanilla pudding instead!! I'm getting hungry...maybe I should go eat something..

Lots of chatter here, solving problems, loving dgc, and June blocks. Yes, that recipe is one way, QuiltE. The Amish Cookbook I have of 'Ever ready biscuit mix' is enough for everyone in the virtual RV...12c. flour, 4 Tablespoons of baking powder, 2 Tablespoons of salt and 2 c. lard. Mix crumbs with hands and store in tight container. When ready to use add a little water...place on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

Basically, its the dry ingredients stored so you can take it out and complete the recipe by adding the liquid ingredients. Often its done for a Christmas present...putting all the dry ingredients together to make cookies (cake or bread), and adding the recipe to complete the cookie dough or cake dough or bread dough. I have small books of many recipes to do this and have received them as 'gifts'. 'Blending' can be done by using a fork or knife or spoon; my dgm always used a spoon, so when I seen a 'blender', metal tool to cut the shortening into the flour, at my MIL, I had to ask what it was...and they laughed at me. So your question can be asked in any language, Anael, but I think you handle your English very well.

My Grandmother never had a lot of monies to just 'buy' something if she could do without she did. She was German-Dutch with one grandmother from England...always made the best from what life handed her...and meet that with a smile on her face.

Back to the sewing room where we are completing the kids Christmas gifts for 2 years ago Christmas..place mats and table runners with the new machine.

Thank you QNS for the directions of making the mix, the stories and your compliments

It's getting late here (10.45 pm) and tomorrow I have a lot to do so I'm calling it a day. CU all tomorrow!

Here is a sneak peek of the progress I am making. I hope to finish the cross hatching today and get the side triangles finished, then I think I will be cruising to the finish line. This has taken me a lot longer than I had planned but it is looking good.

Anael I love Impossible Pie, one of my favourites, think I will have to raid your fridge tonight
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Page 143 of 542 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 142 143 144 153 193 243 ... LastLast