Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 190 of 542 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 189 190 191 200 240 290 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Thanks for the kind words QNS, and I hope you are feeling better, mmm energy, my only trick is I drink a LOT of coffee and not that instant kind, the real thing. My coffee machine grinds the beans and makes a great long black.. I'm not that fussed about cappuccinos, I prefer strong black coffee..
    Karen

Even the so called 'experts' will argue the pros and cons of drinking coffee. Pick any subject, e.i., even weather, and you will get a difference of opinion. knowledge.facts..that always support what that person is saying. 'Thin' is bad; fat is better, just anything has its pros and cons, so you can always say that, 'you' are right! Guess it boils down to the unique one of a kind personality and way of thinking. And that is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Look for trouble and you will find it. Look for beauty to admire and you will find it. But to create beauty, that is a wonderful talent that you have the ability to do that I enjoy viewing...from around the world. It just makes the world a better place. Thank you.

QNS, I love those last words you typed: look for beauty. That's what I love about this PC thread. Everywhere you look there's another beautiful quilt, block, WIP, project, etc., to admire. And then there are all of yinz...what a beautiful group of friends. Thank you, QNS, for reminding us to look around!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

MiraB ... yes, I am tired too from your week ahead! Another fantastic quilt in the works. Your summer quilt show and gathering must be soon to come. When? How many of yours will be on display? I hope you will get some pics then, so we can all enjoy it here too! So now we know the secret to your energy = caffeine! Lots of java!

QNSue ... right on! so many things have two sides to them. The important thing is to remember life is not all black and white. While we are philosophizing ..... Is the glass half full? or half empty?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

When I count my blessings, QuiltE, the cup overflows. So many things to be thankful for. Especially, the FART trips and look at this shop here, all the beautiful treasures awaiting just to come home with me.!

Going on FART trips, I count my blessings, time spend with good Friends enjoying the day! They call my attention to beautiful things that I may have overlooked!

I count my blessings when I am privileged to see wonderful talent and abilities of others on this PC trail in the lovely blocks and quilts they have put together. And thankful that they have shared with me.

DH's blisters have flattened out nicely without breaking...still keeping it wrapped ..don't want any infection!!!

Mr.Honchey went for a walk and said there are dead frogs all over the road....yuck...

I forgot my phone charger at home and have to go to Walmart to pick up a car charger...while we're in the vicinity we'll stop at Friendly's and have some lunch with a Happy Ending Sundae....I do cook some while we're here but not as much when we're home in NJ...

I'm the optimist and Bob is the pessimist in our family.....they do say opposites attract each other...I guess that's what happened with us..

Just received an email from a LQS 'bout a July 4th sale...I guess you'all know where I'll be going in a few days

Today is going to be just a relaxing day and only doing what we feel like doing....settling in day or two...it's supposed to rain for the next several days anyway...

Our town decided not to have any type of celebration for the 4th...so we have to find a place to go see the fireworks..I'm really disappointed 'cause last year so so much fun...and Bob missed it...I was here with my sister and her DH....We do like the fireworks...me more than Bob...all the oohs and ahhs....

Well, it's almost time for lunch... so see you all later....

Mirabelle - I don't think I've seen that sashing before, and I just love it! It adds so much to those darling appliques. What a marvelous quilt!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Anne I'm so glad that ya are safe!!
    Sue thanks for the life perspective. We all need ta step back & enjoy all o' the good things o' our life. Huggs.
    Karen ya are gonna have a busy week but it sounds like a lotta fun.
    My DD & #2DSon are 10 years apart but have the same B-day. July 7th. We will meet up in Brady. There will be a bunch o' people there. It's gonna be a big party. DH & I will leave Wed evenin'. The Big BBQ will be Sat. night. We never have had B-Day party's on their B-day's on the day anyway.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

What a grand way to celebrate on the 4th, Honchey ... no stores will be open here for our Canada Day, tomorrow. How disappointing it must be for you, with no fireworks as I know you were looking forward to it. Did you do that resting today, to settle into your southern life?

A Little Patriotism ......... ready for Canada Day tomorrow!!
    Name:  ALittlePatriotism (2).JPG
Views: 72
Size:  1.46 MB
    Little, as in only 7"x17" ... some of the leftovers from Monty last year. Again, the O Canada text fabric and micro-stippling for the background. A little bit of fun while I did more FMQ practice.

That is so cute, nice work on the quilting!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Now ain't that just darlin'? Such a nice way celebrate your country!
    Bev

What a beautiful Tablerunner QuiltE, I just love it..
    Karen

Thanks Ladies!! ... it's nothing huge and grand ... though sometimes it's nice to have something a little smaller, just to brighten a spot on a table. I might even make it into a wall hanging for a spot by my entry door, where only something small fits!

A lot to read

Mirabelle, your applique quilt is beautiful. Lovely designs!

QuiltE, nice table runner or wall hanging! There's always something you can practice your skills on

QNS, I hope you're starting to feel better. It's no fun being tired and not up to what you want to do!!

Me? I had a busy weekend. Yesterday it was twin day, my DDIL was gone so I took care of them with my DS. I changed diapers, fed them, got puked on (this time Bram did it) and put Mick to bed. So I had a great day.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Mirabelle - I don't think I've seen that sashing before, and I just love it! It adds so much to those darling appliques. What a marvelous quilt!!!
    JeanieG it is an easy sashing to do, I cut my strips 1 1/2 inches and sewed 3 together, this gives you a 3 inch wide sashing and the cornerstones are a Nine Patch, it is a very effective sashing. I didn't match color, whatever I picked up was what was sewn...
    Karen

Anael sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, cuddles, and feed time and I bet you didn't mind changing a few diapers

Monday is over and my house is all clean, even steam cleaned the floors, and managed to get some sewing done. Tomorrow is grocery day and I just checked my freezer and I don't have to buy much so that's good..
    Karen

G'd mornin' Ya'll! Dh got me up early ta go walkin' w/him. We discussed it last night & I told him I would. We both need the exercise & in reality that's the only time he has. I sure do wake up hard. LOL After we got back I did my back exercises. I hope he does this every day so that I can git in shape again.
    Bev

Our freezers are full too, Mirabelle. But the Chicken Feed can is on EMPTY so have to go this morning to K. and get chicken feed. Cannot go until after ten, so I can call and see how many dozen eggs I can take with me to sell; think I am up to 14 dozen or so.

QuiltE, love your topper/runner; a good one to start on. Now what is next?

Anael, good to hear from you; so glad you had an enjoyable 'Grand Mother' weekend.

I pulled all the boxes on the top shelf down in my sewing room. Table is groaning with so many scraps on it. And there is no place to sit in there now. It's topsy turvey, upside down, being re-organized from top to bottom. Well, no, the bottom has not been pulled yet. Anyone available for help???? LOL!!

Have a good day!!

Anael...I've been missing you and was ready to ask if the posse needed to be sent out for you. So happy that you had touching time with your little ones. Nice you have today to rest up.
    QuiltE...nice to have you back tool. Cute runner.
    Honchey....really missed you this past month. I hope your life is leveling out a little and you are moving around better.
    QNS...I've drooled over the Horne Quilter's Dream but my sewing room is way to small. Still trying to figure out how to accommodate my new machine as the Gidget table doesn't have a large enough hole so it just sits on top. It is my current "excuse " for not quilting but that has to end because I have things that need quilting.
    Mirabelle...lovely quilt. All of your beautiful embrodiery work is making me think twice about an embrodiery machine...which I don't have the room or money for right now.
    Jeanie and Dubib....such hot weather being reported out west. Stay cool and safe!
    I've missed comments to some of you but I can't remember your last post....but I do remember you.
    Me? I didn't sew over the weekend so I'm ready to get at the WW quilt and finish the blocks. I found a cuter baby quilt for my DGD's baby but want to get some other things out of the way before I start that. Hummmm.....already July. How soon will we see new MB's as well as the last of the June ones that haven't arrived.
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 07-01-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Just a quick hello to everyone, DH Provenge treatments went ok last week, didn't get sick from them. Two more to go, don't know when we will know if they are working. Our oldest son is having double or triple heart by-pass tomorrow morning, so won't be on for awhile, so please send some prayers for us tomorrow, will be a 4 or 5 hour surgery. My sister still isn't doing very well. She is having a lot of trouble with her speech & thoughts when on the phone. She isn't on oxygen right now, so that is a plus, she has been told if lung cancer comes back it will come with a vengence, so some prayers for her also. I sure hope she doesn't have any more strokes.
    Thank you all.
    GrannyQ

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    JeanieG it is an easy sashing to do, I cut my strips 1 1/2 inches and sewed 3 together, this gives you a 3 inch wide sashing and the cornerstones are a Nine Patch, it is a very effective sashing. I didn't match color, whatever I picked up was what was sewn...
    Just love it Mirabelle, I'll have to try that. I took a photo to put in my file. It sound so easy, but looks so complicated! Thanks for the instructions.
    Last edited by JeanieG; 07-01-2013 at 09:30 AM.

I can SMILE today 'cause the mail carrier finally delivered my beautiful MB. It is called the Ribbon Star Block or 3D Star Block according to GardenGal, and comes from Freshly Pieced Website.Name:  DSCN0207.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  61.6 KB Colorful & looks like its in motion! it joined the trio I had:Name:  DSCN0208.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  65.5 KBThanks, GardenGal, it was worth waiting for. I love it!!

DH wanted me to go help him gather eggs and I told him I had things to do first: photo my MB and post it to the PC site!! I have been his 'errand girl' all day and am tired, so I ask him to give me an hour then I could help him some more!

Oh, I love it too QNS! Great block Gardnergal!

Thanks for the update, GrannyQ. I'll be praying.

I sent GrannyQ a PM that we all would meet in the virtual RV for a prayer or two, and we were all sending her {[(HUGS)]}.

Update: my quilt room is a mess. I think I said that before, but it has not cleared itself up. Still hoping.

Page 190 of 542 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 189 190 191 200 240 290 ... LastLast