Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 208 of 542 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 207 208 209 218 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Anael he has 3 brothers but he is the best of the bunch, in 35 years of marriage I have only met his oldest brother once and have never met his wife or son.. My out-laws er I mean in-laws were a bit strange..
    Karen

Carrie, I love the block GGal made. The blues are my favorite color and she did an outstanding job. Your quilt is going to be so bright and cheery!

Still working extra days & evenings for the next 2 weeks then hope things slow down so I can get back into my Bat Cave. Worked a little on the 50 Fab stars but not a lot of progress made. Will catch up on everyone soon but hope all have a great day.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

GGal and Carrie M ... wow! Shows how a fabric can really get movement into a block as I can really see that spinning like a pinwheel in the wind!

CarrieM ... ice ice ice and take care of that shoulder!! Slugging bolts of fabric around is probably hard on it! No more Fairs for Quilts til September and I'll enter at 3 or 4 thru to our Thanksgiving. There are no competition classses at the CNE where we do The Story of Butter Display as well as the Dairy Barn milking demos and education centre. Starting to gear up the prep for it, as it's in August.

JeanieG ... Guess that was too obvious for me to google it I like the colour and must remember it. I want to paint my bedroom, though never sure what colour I want. Like your choice, I want something quite neutral so I can show off all my different quilts. I've been thinking a "white" similar to yours or with more of a yellow tone.

MiraB ... oh dear! two more weeks of different tigers. Perhaps you should do one on orange too for him!! So I had that all typed before you posted your update and thought you were in a dream!! I hope that you really OVER ORDERED so there'll be fabric for you for other projects!!!!! BTW 13 yards just does not sound like enough, so maybe better order another 13 today!! .... Did he settle for the black? What a wonderful man that MrMiraB truly is!!!!! Not just Lemon Squares for him, but his whole favourite dinner should be made to his praises!!!! Will look forward to hearing all about the big Quilt Luncheon on Thursday ... of course, pics too! It's so nice that you can have so much time with your DD!!! Thankfully the two of you share your quilting love.

QNSue ... does WalMart not deliver to your home? I know a friend here orders online and can return if not suitable. Sounds like the best option for you.

Anael ... Good plan ... stay home and CHILL! I heard that it was 33.5C in London, England yesterday for the Royal birth, so am thinking you are much the same!

JanRN ... I bet you are mostly recovering between shifts and then back to work each time. Hope it's a little cooler, to let you do so! Then think of all the FARTs in August!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Goodmorning! Oh I forgot to mail my MB AGAIN! so I will do it today... reliably UNreliable... sheesh!

QuiltE I dont have my recipe on me, Im at my sisters, but the noodle is "Acini De Pepe", its small and round, but bigger than tapioca... I dont know if you can find it. I will round up the recipe... Im sure my sister has it somewhere!

!!!!!Chubby Babies!!!!! ohhh they are so darling! Aneal, thanks for the pics, the babies are simply amazing
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Although ... wasn't the original mailing date not til the 25th?
    So you're still on time!

We should see a flurry of MBs this week ... yippeeeee!!!!

Please check your mailboxes Ladies ... I mailed my MB and another package the same day which has already been received last week ............ so now I am a-wondering and a-worrying!

QuiltE, same temperatures here. I rode my bike early afternoon, total of 15.5 miles. Actually it was too hot and I didn't have enough water with me.

And yes, I guess I have to make the Lemon Squares more often My DS knew what was in them and he still liked it a lot.

Mirabelle, if your hubby is the best you can keep your out/in laws I don't need more strange people in my life
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Oh my lovely pictures of the babies and Mick, Anael. They surely have come a long way.

Carrie your block is very striking. Lucky you. Well done Ggal.

I managed to get myself really dehydrated a couple of days ago so i am good for nothing. I was surprised how much that took out of me. It is cooler and cloudy here today so I hope to gain a bit more strength. Yesterday I wanted some thread so went to my LQS only to find it has closed. Total bummer. We only had 2 and now they are both gone. I came home, had a little pout and my husband suggested the sewing centre where I bought my machine. He was concerned that I shouldn't be driving as my brain is mushier than usual, so we went off on a little adventure together. I got my isacord, but also came home with "The Long Board" that I have been coveting for ages. His enabling abilities are alive and well!

My sewing room is too small, still a mess of epic proportions, more than 1 goat exploded, and I have the energy of a gnat so there it sits. I will need to do a major arrange to fit it in but now I can actually fit a 12.5 " block on the ironing board , and then some!

Hoping the postie visits me today with a squishy!

Have a good one everybody.

Anael ... WTG!!! Though you'd better get yourself a Camel Back to stay hydrated. You're going to be so fit with all this cycling!

JanieW ... on your LQS loss. I wasn't familiar with Isacord, and googled. Look what I found ... https://www.stitchintheditch.com/ ... sells Isacord and Aurifil and most anything else for quilting, though not much fabric. Is your Long Board a Skateboard (being that you wanted roller blades!) .... or a long ironing board? One never knows!!!!!!!!! Maybe it's time to switch your sewing room with another room, like OKSGlad did recently? Or being that your DH is such a good enabler, perhaps time for an addition? And to expedite things for Anael's inquiring mind ..... does your DH have a brother? perhaps two? "D

Janie, you can use your rollerblades going back and forth between cutting table and ironing board
    Thanks for inquiring QuiltE

I'll let you guys guess which is the right link

http://thelongboardstore.com/?gclid=...FUrZQgodzFQAWg

http://www.amazon.ca/Reliable-C60LB-.../dp/B00170D6F8

QuiltE and Anael,

There is a brother, but unlike my husband, he is so tight with money, he squeaks!

I am waiting for my DIL to get back from their vacation to see if I can borrow her inline skates to try our before I make a purchase. Somehow I am going to roller blade before the summer is out.

Reading QuiltE's post she wants one of your hubby's brothers so she can have him I'm happy to wait for another opportunity :P

wise choice, Anael. Trust me on this one.

QuiltE, Thanks for the link . I found it, too. I think that place is located in Kelowna. I would order from them in a pinch but I like to support the LQS and or sewing centre here, I get the thread right away and don't have to pay shipping.

And my soap opera continues on sewing tables....Wal Mart had a Mainstay folding adjustable table...which was $32.00...and I am so stupid I cannot figure out how to 'open' it up, it has a red button on one side where the handle is and I push it, and I still cannot pull it up and unfold it. Maybe figure out that one later.

Got the packages in the mail...including the MB to....................? Got our hair cut; did not kill dh, although it was close with his 'judgment' statements, he was hungry, he wanted to drive home so I could eat the sandwiches I got for our lunch, and so on....GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. (Lord kept HIS hand over my mouth) When we got home, he could not find his set of keys...last memory of it was in his old kilt he put into the trash and the trash had gone......Yes, gals, he has a younger single brother...that is nicer.

Sweet corn peddler got the message from his wife that I wanted sweet corn; so tomorrow afternoon going back to home town to met up with bf and collect 22 dozen ears of incredible sweet corn...I bring back home 10 dozen to process, she is going to do the 12. He always throws in extra and its top notch corn. I refuse to purchase from any one else. The chickens have been saved again, I am going to be too busy to butcher any of them.

LOL QNS, I think I'll pass this time too

I just keep reminding myself no one is perfect! But I think a lot days lately that he's turned into a lemon!LOL!

I got the table opened up and you need to push on two tabs, one on each of the two legs at the same time pull or push to change the height to 19 inches, 26 inches or 31 inches tall. I have not figured out how I can lift the leg with my foot as I push in the tab of each of the two legs at the same time.

Mirabelle, your tale reminds me of the old story "The Lady or the Tiger:"

Janie, remember you are NOT the age of your grandsons and take it easy roller blades or roller skates. I threatened to wear them in the long junior high wall way, just kidding, but some took it seriously...very seriously; too much so. They were way too scared of lawsuits of being injuries on the job.

Anael, check the obituary page of the newspaper daily for the oldest men who have died without a wife, and say to yourself....'that one got away'...if I were looking...like my dgm....said...they got to have a couple of million dollars, sign it over to me before I say 'I do', a lot older than me, and a very bad cough!, one foot in the grave, before I am serious about another man. Then she says and he has to have a grandson for my granddaughter. She said it all for fun, but it backfired with me getting along with my in-laws 'cause his dgf worked with my dgm and even proposed marriage to her...and in-laws was too afraid she might get a dollar or two from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Thanks for inquiring QuiltE
    We aim to please, Anael!!! I'll let you have this one!

JanieW ... I have the feeling that DH wants to keep you safe and thus is stocking you up with any quilting supplies you want! BTW ... I was el-cheapo and made my own broad and long ironing board! Totally agree with you on the local purchases! Maybe the local dealer will sell more fabrics with the two LQS' gone? BTW did you get on your FART with your DS yet? When you get out the roller blading, you'll have to get some pics for us of you enjoying your "wheels"!!

QNSue
    .... mmm sweet corn! The field corn is tasseling this week. So won't be long til the sweet is ready!

So .............. any MB's today???

I want to see pictures!! pictures!!! pictures!!!!

*sob* *sob*

Blog Entries
    What MB's, QE ? I'm scrolling through to see the others of my MB partner so I can complement the ones she has-tomorrows MB sew day so I can get it in the mail on time!!!!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    What MB's, QE ? I'm scrolling through to see the others of my MB partner so I can complement the ones she has-tomorrows MB sew day so I can get it in the mail on time!!!!
    Happy Sewing Tomorrow!
    And no little quilters working along side you tmro?
    It's time ... you really do need a good sewing session by now.
    It's been way too long for you!

I just thought there'd be some more arriving to their new homes today!
    And too ... where is the one I sent off?
    It should be there by now!!!

I agree QE...bummed that there were no new MBs today.

What is everyone working on?

I spent some time in the clubhouse today. I finally finished sorting my fabric into color. I emptied the last two tubs into my cupboards. Had PT this morning...not feeling like doing a lot of sewing yet. At least things will be organized when my shoulder is healed up. I am doing little things at a time in the house too.

Good for you CarrieM ... you're going to be so organized and ready to get going once your shoulder feels better! In the meantime you can kit up some of the stuff. Maybe? good time to teach the kids how to sew? or how to cut fabrics for you so you can be really ready! Worked on my Sept entries tonight. Have all the hanging sleeves on. Still need to make two labels with covers for them. Plus figure out what bags or pillow cases I'll use for each as they have to be submitted in separate cloth bags. Plus then, have to make labels for each of the cloth bags!

Here's to a better MB day tomorrow!

Lookie lookie what arrived today, a beautiful block from a beautiful lady. Thank you so much Grannyq it is perfect and plays so nice with its friends.

I didn't get my Lemon Squares made but did made 10 dozen mini quiches, 6 dozen for morning tea tomorrow, 1 1/2 dozen for DD, and I swear my DS has the nose of a bloodhound cause the minute the second dozen were out of the oven he was in my kitchen so 1 dozen went home with him, there are 6 in the fridge for DH so between DH and DS I lost a dozen
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

I am quilting my Pony Club Pony Quilt. I have finished everything except the border. If you remember I had the 5" pony fabric blocks with 1" strips around them as my border. I could not decide what to use for quilting, then decided to use a good size horseshoe in each square. I think it will look really good, I've got most of them traced onto the fabric, that has taken a while.

I think I'm going to put the lighter blue small border around my 2nd Pony Club Quilt, then use the sashing fabric as an second border. Here is a close up of the fabric. I really like the sashing fabric, as it picks up all the different neutrals I used in the quilt. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

So Glad I did not go to bed yet ..... Alas! An MB arrived!

GrannyQ and MiraB ... My oh My, how those five stars shine well together!

GrannyQ ... I've been thinking of you and yours and wondering how everyone is doing.

MiraB ... A Busy Lady you have been! And those mini quiches look so inviting! No wonder that bloodhound to come home! How many quilts are going to be on display on Thursday? Is this is the event where the Daisy quilt is raffled? What a FUN day for all of you .......... though a lot of work too!

JeanieG ... what a grand idea, to use the horseshoe! Perfect in every way!!! Your non-Pony-Pony is going to be perfect with that double border!! Yeehaw!!!! Pony almost quilted and non-Pony not far behind!

And with this ....
    Good Night to the USA Contingent and, of course, JanieW!
    ... and Good Afternoon to MiraB!!
    ...... with a Good Morning to Anael!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by QuiltE; 07-23-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Page 208 of 542 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 207 208 209 218 258 308 ... LastLast