Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 216 of 542 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 215 216 217 226 266 316 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

the problem is with the Compass blocks.
    Is it part of a set? Are the other patterns available? I have only the one and wonder if I can complete the set some how or toss the single pattern. Sounds like you have your ds back on the wellness trail.

Thank you all for the kind words. I cannot hand sew, for my hands hurt too much 'cause of age, I guess, and 'cause that 'Artheritlis" comes to visit too often with enlarged joints..no, I never 'crackled' my joints in my hands. I am lucky when I can pick up a needle and thread it....not easy on bad days.

Peaches are ready to do today; too green yesterday. Not the quality that I bought the first time around, so disappointing, but will can it anyway. Will not do that again. They are missing flavor, maybe picked too green for shipping.

Everyone have a good day! May your camera work right again, Anael.

I have seen some lovely tie quilts...had a book on it at one time. I love the circle of ties out from the center and each corner...similar to the Dresden pattern using the larger ends to make the circle.

OK--thanks for posting the pictures of the tie quilts. It reminded me that my G'ma asked me if I would be interested in making some wall quilts for kids and grandkids from G'pa's ties. (She asked me at the anniversary picnic a few weeks back.) I will be giving her a call today to see if I can pick them up on Thursday.

QNS--if you come across the "tie quilt" book in your rearranging, please let me know the title. I will be looking online too...just haven't started yet. Sorry to hear about the peaches.

Karen--glad your DS got a good report.

Anael--thankful that Bram came through surgery and all went well. Praying he can be back home tomorrow!

Jan-have a nice day off get lots of sewing done. Sad for Patches...hope you are able to keep him comfortable.

OK, I have always wanted to do something with men's ties...I am drawn to the silk type..not the other textures...Whenever DH discarded a tie I always retrieved it...I have a bagful of them now..started to take them apart..would you line them with a stabilizer first???

I never expected my MB blocks to be appliqued...then when they arrived being done that way...I was so totally surprised, pleased and felt so special...you girls are amazing!!!

Anael, so happy Bram is on the mend...

QuiltE, At work I've been cutting up some jelly rolls into half hex's for a braid patterned quilt I might do as a class project...these rolls were on sale and very frayed so I trimmed them down to 2-3/8"... I get interrupted alot by the Joann customers so I don't do anything really intricate when I'm working by myself...I might work on next month's MB...I still haven't figured out the fabric placement yet...

Jan, As sad as it will be...Patches will let you know when it's time...

Watch out shops...Anne & Jan are on the move making $$$$$ for FARTS

I have to get off now and do something else other than on the cp...later girls...

The story on the mens tie quilt...I googled men's tie quilts. and found Daddy's Ties by Shirley Botsford for sale on www.Amazon.com and www.ebookmall.com the latter price is 12.95. www.about.com Huntsville, AL, was the next hit, that tells about Making a quilt using Men's ties....silk ties...in photos in various projects as well. Might be a starting place.
    Good luck.

Sooooooooooo............as you all know I'm having lots of projects going but NO inspiration to sew
    So what do I do now? My Sylvia book is on the table for 2 weeks now and I just look at it thinking.....one day
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Anael--bummer for no motivation to sew...maybe read a book or magazine about quilting?

QNS--thanks for the links about the tie quilts. I just talked to my G'ma and she said she has a big box full of ties. I will be getting them next Monday. I have other things I need to finish before doing anything with the ties, but at least they will be here when I am ready for them.

Spoken like a dedicated quilter, Carrie. Projects on the side never cease, but grow and multiply worse than bunny rabbits. That is my thinking on DJ...its off to the side...only its not cut out yet...Anael.

I got this envelope in today's mail that is a beautiful map...don't know where I am but its so interesting....I worked hard getting it opened with destroying the map itself. Inside was a lovely MB from Honchey. Will do a photo shot later in the day. And best wishes for up coming BD in September...Thanks, Anne.

Anael - good news on Bram. I know he will be fine, this is another milestone of the things that poor babe has gone through. Yeah, it is the last thing! Give the twins hugs and kisses from all of us surregate grandmas.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Name:  009.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  296.4 KBHere is the promised photo of the lovely block from Jeanie. I love it when people use their favorite colors. I don't have a picture of the group...I forgot. A little rain today and tried out my new table. I need to tweak the setup a little but so far so good.
    Anael...great news for Bram. Motivation?....A real life friend to sew with might help. Deadlines help me too. I have my Jamestown BOM all pieced but there is no deadline for getting it finished...so it isn't.
    Honchey....what a beautiful block from QNS. Those little dresden butterflies are really cute.
    Jan...good to hear from you.
    Silk ties....that would make a beautiful quilt! A crazy quilt with a variety of stitches....they have always intrigued me.
    Dubib...thinking of you and your move. Take time to put your feet up at least once a day so you can keep going until it's done. It's a BIG job.

Lovely square, GG, from Jeanie. Now the block that Anne sent me:Name:  DSCN0234.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  133.9 KBVery bright colors; vivid.

And now all together:Name:  DSCN0237.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  92.7 KBAnd the corn I purchased last Wednesday looked like this when dh brought it into the kitchen:Name:  DSCN0214.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  56.0 KB I worked it Thursday by myself with ease. And the peaches:Name:  DSCN0218.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  55.6 KBtoday, I froze them into 7 quart bags.Name:  DSCN0215.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  84.4 KB Our Dew berries are coming on...pickings everyday through September...they are thornless berries.Name:  DSCN0220.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  153.0 KBPansy Passions is bound!
    backings:Name:  DSCN0222.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  86.6 KB

QNS - You wear me out just seeing what you accomplish every day. Those peaches and berries look wonderful. I have blackberries, which I rinse - roll in paper towels to get the wet off, put on jelly roll pans in the freezer. When frozen I put them in plastic zip locks - so I can pull out just what I need without them all being stuck together.

The Pansy Pashion turned out wonderful. Wow!!! Did you do the quilting, or did your friend do it, it is awesome!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thank you, Jeanie for your nice words. The Gals across the street did the quilting; she has learned a lot over there with the Gammill LA.

there was 10 dozen ears of corn; couple of cups of berries, and 20 pounds of peaches that still had a wonderful favor to them, so they are OK with dh.

QNS--your pansy quilt turned out great! I like your binding choice. The fresh fruit looks yummy...are dew berries similar to raspberries? My MIL makes the best mulberry/raspberry pies.

Dew berries are larger, juicer, and make excellent jam, even if they are frozen for a year. I keep the rinsed, put in a freezer bag, and what dh does not eat, they are frozen for a year, then I make the jam with on coming fresh berries.

More beautiful MB's wow love the purples and I love your blocks QNS definitely different..

Good news about Bram, here's hoping he will be home soon. Anael we must be thinking alike I too am totally unmotivated at the moment, I just seem to push patterns and fabric around and accomplish nothing. I need my mojo back pleeaaasssseee, or I need DH to go back to work, he has another week at home, I am so tired of cooking.

QNS I have all 18 Compass blocks if you would like them, there was the 12 blocks posted every month and then an extra bonus 6 blocks. Love the Pansy Passion quilt too.

Now to do some vacuuming and push some more fabric around
    Karen

I have been 'petting' my fabrics...I do have the 12 Compass blocks plus the 6 bonus blocks so that set is complete. Thanks a million for your offer to help, Mirabelle.Name:  DSCN0247.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  32.4 KBLet there be light!! Center light, lights up in the ceiling and added lights over our machines in the quilt room.Name:  DSCN0226.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  89.6 KBSome of my fabric I 'pet' in my stash.

Name:  DSCN0228.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  79.6 KBThe 'by-the-bolt' bargain fabric.Name:  DSCN0231.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  68.5 KBWhere the 'real fur' bears hide; and the 'almost finished' quilts.Name:  DSCN0224.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  61.4 KBThee new machines.Name:  DSCN0243.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  50.6 KBSeeing RED; Name:  DSCN0245.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  43.4 KBYellow, caution...that's a sampling of the quilt room...almost whole 3 wall peak...of the four walls.

Ggal, that's a beautiful block Jeanie made. I love the color combo.

QNS, you're going to have a very colorful quilt. That's a great block Anne made to add to the others. Your pansy quilt is so pretty. Pansies always remind me of my Aunt Kate (age 95) who still gardens and always has pansies.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Ooooh NinaSue I am breathless! I admire you so much, what an incredible lady you are!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Jeanie--pretty pineapple for GGal! Great job.

Honchey--that is a fun block for QNS.

QNS--your MB quilt is coming together nicely...so is your sewing room. I like the idea of the hanging lights under the ceiling fan. That is one thing I have been trying to figure out for when we build my new clubhouse...lighting.

This is what I worked on today...baby quilt. The dark square is purple..it really does match even though it looks almost black in the pictures. Need to get the backing tomorrow...thinking about minkee. The strip on the side will be the binding. Finished 26".
    Attached Images Attached Images

The block I made for Nina is called Bees & Fields from QuiltersCache...The barbed wire fabric represents the fences she needs to harbor her "fowl" and the little leaves, butterflies etc on black represents her many gardens.

Jeanie the block for GGal is topnotch...Love the purple...

I think the Dog days of August have come early...I'm emailing Patrice a request for the new quiltalong...The start date will be September 3rd...The Tuesday after labor day...I'm trying to remember how many blocks a month/week? Help....what did we decide on ??

Honchey--I think we were thinking 2 blocks/month.

I like your baby quilt, Carrie. It has lots of color. Thank you for your nice words about my sewing room. We installed lights in excess when we built, only to discover our old eyes needed more light. Unfortunately, Home Depot seems to have discontinued that hanging light over the sewing machines. We did built in a lot of light in our kitchen as well with double sinks that we love. Island sinks are very helpful with canning or dressing out turkeys and chickens...and taking the West side sinks in also saves a lot of time. Now our goal is to build a sink outside the house to use to wash off veggies and fruit and equipment for chickens, etc.

Bees do come visit our homestead quite often; fruit trees in bloom in the spring, flowers in their seasons, and the garden herbs and spices in the garden seem to attract 'nice' bees...that do not sting me. Since I am allergic to bee stings and insect bits, and they seem to love me, I have quite a time outside the house. Tomatoes are beginning to ripen; tomorrow I pick up another 10 ears of corn to work up. Have to replace both vehicle keys since dh lost his set of keys in the garbage last week. I love the block, Anne, that you made. It found a good home. I love getting the unexpected; its like getting Christmas the year around. What ever the group wants to do, that is fine with me...I am still thinking about them.

Carrie, cute baby quilt - I think the minkee would be wonderful for the backing!

September would work for the new quiltalong - I am more productive if I have a deadline! LOL

MiraB ... good news about your DS and A-OK!

Anael ... And even better news that Bram is also A-OK!
    As for your no-sew-mojo ... you;ve been busy with your bike and camera. And I do recall you saying you wouldn't be doing much sewing for the summer when the weather was good .... so don;t beat yourself up!

JanRN ... and not good that Patches is NOT A-OK
    Good to see you back with us ... hope you enjoyed your tea, and went a little into slow mode today. Hope you let yourself have a breather ... the work will wait!

Honchey ... maybe you'll do that class here with us! You have me intrigued. Any photos or links to show us the finished project? Look forward to the SYE QAL. With 2 per month ... are you going to do one long thread? Or a new thread 2xs per month? Or?

GGal and JeanieG .... ooooh! Love the purple/red mix and it looks so fresh with the white. Beautiful!!

Honchey and QNSue ... more ooooohs and aaaaahs! Love the barbed wire fabric on those bees along with all your symbolism.

QNSue ... The border of the pansies really brings your Pansy Passion to life! thank you for the tour of your sewing room! Beautiful fabrics waiting to be stitched up!

CarrieM ... sweet quilt for your new neighbour baby!

Ties ... Yes Ladies, save those ties ... or as in Honchey's case, retrieve them from the garbage! I got rid of all my husband's ties, and there were a LOT ... some for fun and some serious ones, all would have been great for quilty projects. At the time I was not sewing, let alone quilting, so what did I know? So I am totally envious of those with a built in source!!!

Another tie use ... my Mom made a braided tie rug one time! Talk about a lot of work!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QNS what a great room you have to sew in, ooh and lots of fabric to pet..

Honchey I hope I will be ready to start SYE on the 3rd September, I leave for my retreat on the 6th, if I am not at the start line be assured I will be jogging along to catch up. As JeanieG said it is always good to have a deadline..

Now it is time to cook dinner aaarrrggghhh more cooking.
    Karen

Page 216 of 542 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 215 216 217 226 266 316 ... LastLast