Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 219 of 542 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 218 219 220 229 269 319 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Great news here! The painter finished all the painting today. The cabinets will now be shipped next Thursday (moved from the 7th to the 8th). May take a week for them to get here. Then get the contractor back to uncrate and hang them. Ordered the countertop today too. The end is in site everyone. Hopefully all done by the end of the month!!!! Yeah!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

What a day! First DH woke me up ta go walkin' again. I'm glad that we are gonna keep doin' that, but at 5:00am, while it was still dark, it was still hot outside. 78*F & 65% humidity. We aren't used the that much humidity. I was sweatin' alot before I even got ta walkin. I came home & went right back ta bed. DSis & her friend came over. DSis wanted ta show her friend my house. At lunch DH & I went ta the Ace Hardware Store for the first time taday. Then we picked up lunch from Albertsons (a Grocery Store.) I spent the rest o' the afternoon takin' care o' some li'le things around this house. (I still have a ton o' those ta do!) I sent #2DSon ta the old house ta git the pots & pans. He got a bunch o' 'em. I picked up some hamburger patties 'cause that's what DH asked me ta git for supper. At 5:00pm I met DH at the other house & we went through some cabinets & threw out a bunch o' stuff! We actually brought home one box o' stuff. LOL We then came home & DH fixed pan broiled HB patties Green Beans & Asparagus for supper. Our first meal here. We have decided ta buy another dishwasher. This one is small, has no food grinder, only has one water dispenser, & just doesn't git the dishes clean. We'll go Lookin' for it tamarrow or Sat. As I was cleanin' up after supper Dh said that he wanted ta go ta the Ace Hardware Store. We got a new water savin' shower head for the shower & several other li'le things. Ace & albertson's are about 3 min's away. They used ta be about 12min.'s away. Alotta things are about 3min.s away now. I finally got the kitchen clean & several other things done, sat down ta rest & DH went ta bed. Sigh, I had just sat down!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Oh Bev, I really feel for you - all that work! At least your doing it a box at a time, and that is what I'm going to have to do when the cabinets are in and I have to move everything back in.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Running to the RV with chocolate brownies, I made a batch this morning and this is all that is left. The bloodhound (DS) just turned up on his way to work and two went into his mouth and 2 going to work with him.. So grab them while they last

A lot of work to be done Bev but all worth it in the long run, hope you are enjoying your new home.

JeanieG so glad everything is going well for you at last.

Anael beautiful photos of your countryside, the Netherlands made our news last week when a hot air balloon landed in a lake, was that any where near you?

Carriem you are getting so much accomplished, can't wait to see your finished projects.

I spent the day quilting, only have the 2 borders to quilt now so hopefully I can get them finished on the weekend.

QNS you are an inspiration to all of us, with your energy and zest for life.

QuiltE, thinking of you

Tuesday I get to post my August MB ooohhhhh I wonder where it is going..... and then I have to make Septembers block, where has the last 7 months gone
    Karen

oops here are the brownies
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

YEAHHHHHHHHHH brownies.........running to the RV to grab some

Mirabelle, no that hot air balloon landed nowhere near where I live. About 120 km from here so I didn't notice

Jeanie, congrats on the progress!

Bev, I hope you and your family will be happy in the new home Take it easy, work will still be there tomorrow
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Good morning. Sounds like everyone is going to be busy today. I spent all last evening hunting for my Rosie quilt. I'm overly organized (anally organized LOL) and sometimes put things away then can't find them. Found it and realized I really like it and now I'm anxious to finish it.

Bev, your new hardware stores will get to know you & DH quite well. And Jeanie, it must be so exciting to see the end in sight!

I'm off to work then I have the next 3 weeks off--Yay!! Hope I'm half as productive as yinz are. Have a great day.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Honchey--it would be great to have you join us in getting one of your quilts finished.

Jeanie--happy to hear the painting is done.

Bev--sounds like your days are keeping you plenty busy! It's great that DH is getting those little things done right away so you don't get all moved in and they get put off....

Karen--yummy brownies! I love the chewy ones. I need to get my Aug MB done too...the block is printed and I started picking fabrics.

Jan--yay for finding Rosie and even better that you "really like it"!! Have a nice vacation...I hope you are able to spend lots of it in the sewing room (sun porch?) making friends with your S-16.

Jan, good for you finding Rosie! I can't find the fabric of the Alaska star, could you go for a search please??
    I'm not that productive at all, you know that! I guess you'll do more in your 3 weeks off than I will in 3 months!

Humans need deadlines so they are more productive. To err is human, to forgive is divine. Sounds like progress is being made, Jeanie, and that makes us smile, too.

SYE has the next block ready to download. It is called "Loosy Goosy". Think I will call it "Loosy Ducky".
    Everyone have a good day!!

Thanks for the reminder QNS!

mmmmmmm!!! I smell chocolate brownies!!!
    Thanks MiraB and please thank the Bloodhound for leaving us a few crumbs!
    Goes nice with my morning tea!

Anael's
    next bike? .... ready to take the SewGrands for a tour!!!!
    http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-st...-of-kitchener/

JeanieG ... Best News ever! Where are your cabinets coming from? What type of cabinets did you go for wood? MDF? stained? painted? colour? If you told us, I forget. How exciting!

DublB ... the joys of new home ownership! Good that you are doing the updates you want now, instead of struggling with them, and letting hate set in. It's important to do what is "right" for all of you.

JanRN ... glad you are "in love" with Rosie, so that should make your goal totally do-able! And with 3 weeks off, you'll be able to hunker down with your S16! OFF? as in really OFF? and not even Fridays? yiiipppppppeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QNSue .. Yes! Loosy Ducky it should be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

LOL QuiltE, I'll pass, my DDIL can take them for a tour

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    LOL QuiltE, I'll pass, my DDIL can take them for a tour
    Being that it hails from your Fair Land ... have you seen or heard of it before?

Yes it's a very common sight here. There has been issues with safety with some models though!

I made 2 more stars from the Carol Doak 50 fabulous Stars. Here they are:
    Deleware
    Name:  Delaware (525 x 529).jpg
Views: 81
Size:  94.3 KB

Arizona
    Name:  Arizona (527 x 520).jpg
Views: 88
Size:  85.5 KB

On August 2nd 1912 (!!) it was 93.6 in The Netherlands, today it's 97.7 ! ! New record but I'm not so happy with it
    Today of all days I have to out for dinner.........and I don't want to go outside ! !

Anael ... oooooooooh my, that makes for 3 beautiful stars. And it looks like you are right back in the Star Saddle. This is going to be a beautiful quilt with that background fabric. That bike looks like it might be quite tippy once loaded, and if extreme care were not taken. I *shudder* every time I see someone with one of those trail behind carts for kids ... they are right down there on the road, and nothing to protect should there be an accident, or a stone comes flying, etc. Maybe your dinner mate would like to cancel your dinner plans? On the upside, if there will be air conditioning, it might be quite worthwhile!! How's Bram doing? Did he get home yesterday?

Blog Entries
    Anael your piecing is perfection, and color choices spot on!!
    Oh I better get a brownie before they are all gone, thanks Karen. I know how fast they can go with big kids and little kids around. FYI DH is a big kid around here!
    Carrie, glad you are getting relief from your PT!
    Bev--one box at a time!
    Cupboards, how exciting, Jeanie. Don't forget to show us pics when finished.
    What's on my agenda? Yesterday picked up meat from the locker--all ground beef as it was a young cow who had injured a leg joint after calving. Cow meat tends to be tougher as it's not corn fed, so that's why it's ground beef. We felt bad as she was a promising cow on her second lactation. The meat around the injured joint was thrown away as it was damage muscle tissue. So to make room in my freezer I pulled out the canning meat to thaw so I can process that today and tomorrow.
    While in town I also stopped at the lumber yard where we bought materials for our house and ordered a bank of cabinets for my kitchen. I have a U-shaped kitchen and on the opposite end I placed a wood shelving unit our "oldest" son (actually a cousin of mine who lived with us for a couple of summers and then a year when we were 26 yo) and a desk with the thought I would use the desk to make lists, send cards, etc. I never got into that habit, so am going to put in 5 foot of base and overhead cabinets. I'm moving the microwave, toaster, bread box over there. It will become the snack center as it's just an arm's reach from the frig. Guys are always making a quick sandwich and a glass of milk or cup of hot cocoa so it will be in a perfect spot and away from my food prep areas. Sure glad I did not put in a "cabinet" desk like I originally planned.

OK--you'd better get to work now a full day ahead. Will share canned beef and beef broth at the RV tonight! Great for winter stew in a hurry. Bet mirabelle could use some right now
    Last edited by oksewglad; 08-02-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Oh Yum, brownies are my very favorite. Especially if they have walnuts in them! And like Carrie, I like them chewy too.

QuiltE - cabinets are a Woodmark brand through Home Depot. They will be white. Here is a link to the cabinet page:

http://woodmarkcabinetry.com/product-browser

QuiltE, I had dinner with a group of the mentally challenged people and their coaches and no air conditioning. But I had a great dinner and lots of laughter. And it's still hot.........

Thanks ladies for the compliments

Anael so sorry you are sweltering in the heat, It has decided to rain here, first time since the cane harvesting season started and it is cold and miserable. DS might be happy as it slows down the harvest if the machinery can't get into the fields.

I only have the final 2 borders to quilt on Marjen so hope to get to them this weekend. DH went fishing this morning so he might come home wet

And guess what, my missing table mat has turned up. In a very roundabout way it was handed to a lady who wasn't present on the day and she has given it to Shannon who rang me to let me know so DD is going to pick it up today. And the really funny part of this story is that lady that handed it in drives past my house every day, go figure that out
    Karen

Karen--great to hear your table mat was returned!

I was able to get the baby quilt quilted...just have the binding left.

I got PC blocks on the design wall and rearranged several times. The blocks on-point will get red to make them square. The "square" blocks will get a 1" red border and then a 1" blue/green border to make them the same size as the on-point blocks. Blue/green fabric will be the one used in the block I attached. All the on-point blocks have the blue/green color used in them in a variety of fabrics.

I also got the next step on MIL's quilt done...have things to press and trim tonight inside. 4 blocks are all the way together...so basically 8 left, but these are the harder ones.

So nice to have a productive day after over a month of not sewing much at all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh so glad you got your mat back Mirabelle. That must have been a relief for you!

Carrie, great work on those quilts. Looking really good!

Anael - so sorry about that unusually hot weather. You are probably like where I live, not very many have air conditioning, including myself. I really have loved seeing your countryside! Beautiful!

Mirabelle, may be its just time to say the mat is back, and let all wondering cease...no questions ask; ask no questions, hear no lies. Its enough to peak curiosity, but that's what killed the cat by the old wives sayings. So happy you are getting it back. Your brownies were so tempting...glad everyone else got there first.

Jeanie, so happy you can see progress in your home' that will lower the stress levels.

Anael, high temperatures are why I wanted to leave TEXAS. Toooo hot. I would rather add clothing on in the winter time, cannot take off enough when its hot. But the Arabs have found a way to keep cool, by wearing loose fitting clothes, except I really do not like the thoughts of wearing a 'tent'.

Carrie, I think you are making great progress. Guess it helps if you are quick doing your stitches...I am much too slow moving these days. I made a couple of salesmen go almost nuts today, I was soooo slow. DH got to ask all his questions, get copies of my car and truck keys made for him, and both of us was glad to see the town fade away in our rear view mirror. Found out the value of our GMC, the key for the Chrsyler was cheaper than the GMC. DH fell in love with a Jeep with lumbar seat adjuster on the side. I was very thankful we were just looking...and that our vehicles are still running.

Wow Carrie can't wait to see your finished PC quilt, very unique setting, sure is going to be another show stopper
    Karen

Page 219 of 542 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 218 219 220 229 269 319 ... LastLast