Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 220 of 542 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 219 220 221 230 270 320 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

QuiltE, Bram is doing just fine. I'm going over there this afternoon so will take some pictures and hear the latest news

Yesterday late evening I sat outside because it still was too hot inside. In my bedroom it still was 82 so no temperature to go to sleep. I was looking up to the sky, saw lots of stars, airplanes, falling stars, satellites and wished I had a binocular! I was awake a lot last night because of the temperatures.
    We don't have air conditioning here, no need except yesterday The problem is not the heat, it's the humidity which makes it so hard. And like QNS, I don't want to wear tents
    Today it's still humid but temperatures have gone down again.

Carrie, I love the lay out of the PC blocks!
    Mirabelle, congrats on getting your table mat back.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

QNS--you may not do things quickly, but you sure do get a lot done in a day!

Karen--I hope that the finished quilt doesn't look odd when it is done. I will probably just do the top row first to make sure I like it.

Anael--hope your days cool off sooner than later. We had a cool off this week and it looks to continue...unusual for August in Iowa.

Thanks, Carrie, for posting. I was getting so bored with cleaning out my closet...I have put it off forever. Took all the winter clothes out to the second closet in the sewing room. Threw away what the mice have ruined (they seem attracted to my room, bathroom and closets). And washing loads before storing away the fold up stuff. Next to do is the linen towel storage closet that everything has been pushed into for storage that I have put off forever and a day...paper work etc., shoes from by-gone days of working that should have been tossed 13 years ago...they were only woren a time or two before being tossed to the back of the closet. Have filled one 33 gallon trash can (of things to burn here) and need to fill two more.

Will ship the Pansy Passion throw Monday to friend in Corpus Christi before she leaves to see her sixth grandson that is expected soon. Maybe will take one more 'better' picture before posting it. Decision time on what is next in the Quilt Room, so many possibilities. New project or UFO. MB or SYE or A4A, the border on PC, free hand quilt the BBs .
    Or sort through more boxes, tubs for paper piecing paper purchased on a trip to DM. Where o where has my grandmother's garden 3-D that is almost done is hiding now? EVverytime I put it out on the guest bed, I have guests incoming and it comes off again. Maybe it is time to have some guests again; would love that. Better go 'rescue' my kitchen from DH who has decided today to 'play' in the kitchen and try fixing green beans like I do (he picked them and cleaned them); bring in the big peach crop from the orchard...five peaches that the birds and chickens left on the tree cause he did not pick them when he should have so the birds had a feast.

He left the wrong burner on the stove top, and the one under the beans was not on, so I was nice and turned it on for him without saying a word. Life is never boring around here, just routine house cleaning chores that I find boring. Find it more interesting to work in the quilting room...if to do nothing, but 'pet' fabric!!

Today's pictures
    Name:  03.08.2013 (912 x 684).jpg
Views: 62
Size:  151.4 KBName:  03.08.2013.1 (912 x 684).jpg
Views: 59
Size:  109.6 KBName:  03.08.2013.2 (912 x 684).jpg
Views: 66
Size:  110.8 KB

Beautiful. Precious. How they have grown. Isa is taking after her Grandmother 'cause she has that sparkle in her eyes!!

QNS, you made me laugh..... Thanks

Hello All!
    A perfect summer's day here .... sunny, gentle breeze, nicely warm/hot, but absolutely no humidity.
    This IS the summer weather I love!
    Gone this morning on a grocery run, errands etc. then back this afternoon ... and would just like to snooze away, but no, had lots to do! Soon will settle in for the night and do some sewing!

OKSGlad ... yea for the kitchen update! The snack centre will be useful for all, and I am sure the DGKs will REALLY appreciate it! Lucky for you, that you can get the same cupboards.

JeanieG ... yes indeed, chewy brownies with nuts. Isn't that the only way? Call me strange, but I'm OK to skip the icing topping too! I really like the simplicity of your cabinets/doors. The white will keep the room nice and fresh looking. And here we thought EVERYONE in California would have a/c!

Anael ... a fun night out! Hope that eventually you were able to get some sleep despite the heat and humidity. So is a telescope next on the list of "buys", to watch the night sky? As you know from my whining, I detest the humidity as well. Most public places here have a/c. More and more homes too, though not mine. I think of it, but the few days that I need it, I manage to suffer thru. The joke with a friend this year was that I bought a sewing machine, instead of a/c! I did buy a dehumidifier a couple years ago, and it has helped some. It's in the basement, so I can keep it as comfortable as I have been able to.

Sweet Pics of the SewGrands!! Looks like they are recognizing people in this pic and the last one. Thanks so much to you for sharing the pics with us and to your DS/DDIL for allowing you to.

MiraB ... Such good news that you got your table mat back. Yes, odd the journey of the return of it ... maybe she was too embarrassed? At least you have it back. So the cat is off fishing, and the mouse is busy finishing Marjen?

CarrieM ... WOW! when you get back at the machine, you are just whizzing along! Great layout to bring them all together. We need to see photos of MILs WIP!

QNSue ... Window Shopping is the best kind! You can have a lot of fun doing that, while choosing the car of your dreams. One summer, we did that ... and every once in awhile would go looking at dream cars, knowing it wasn't even in the cards. We decided it was cheap entertainment! Careful with all that purging ... that the wrong things don't go missing!

Long weekend here this weekend ... I started it well, by declaring 1/2 of Friday as such. And now I have the rest of today, tomorrow and Monday .... wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    ... I'm off to my happy place!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Isa has discovered she's not alone, Bram is always there too. So she keeps looking at him. Bram is a bit behind in everything but he will notice soon enough she's always there.
    In the other pictures Isa is looking at me as I lowered the camera and was talking to her while taking pictures.

I didn't sleep well last night, was awake a lot and at 5.45 am I thought.......it's way too early to get up so I tried to go back to sleep which I did till 7 am which is a decent time to get up
    Like you I ran some errands, watered my backyard, picked green beans and green peppers, printed the next star block and that's it

It is Sunday morning here and I get to look at more beautiful photos of our precious little ones, thank you Anael.

I have laundry to do today and cooking DS is coming over for dinner and I am cooking Corned Silverside with Cauliflower Fritters. Will run to the RV for anyone who wants supper..before it is all gone
    Just the final border to quilt for Marjen and it is done done done, well almost, then it will just be the binding, boy has this been a mammoth effort. It will be good to get it off my list of ufo's, just 14 more to finish and about 10 to start
    Karen

Mirabelle said: "Corned Silverside with Cauliflower Fritters" Please tell me what and how you fixed it...sound wonderful.

Blog Entries
    I've got canned beef and broth for stew if anyone wants.Name:  006.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  56.0 KBName:  012.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  58.2 KB

Remember me helping Elise with sewing. Name:  001.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  62.5 KBName:  003.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  58.9 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Em's Christmas ornaments are the greatest. And look at all that beef and good broth. I have a mere 4 pints of turkey broth. It is true of farm folks, what they can't eat, they can.

To repeat: Mirabelle said: "Corned Silverside with Cauliflower Fritters" Please tell me what and how you fixed it...sound wonderful.

QNS--sounds like you had another productive day. I've been cleaning closets and cupboards myself in the past few weeks. It always feels good to have it done and I ask myself why I waited so long!

Anael--cute pictures of the Sew Grands. It has been fun watching them grow.

QE--It's the wrong time of day to take pictures in the clubhouse, but I got a quick one of a couple of MIL's blocks starting to come together. Still lots of flying geese to trim...working on some tonight while watching a movie w/DD.

I spent time in the clubhouse this afternoon helping a friend cut fabric. She is making quilts for her 6 nieces/nephews. She has had most of the fabric for nearly a year but has just been too busy to get much cutting/sewing done. (She works full time plus is involved in a lot of activities!) I figured if I could help her get it cut she would be able to sew at our retreat in October.We had some figuring to do and got 2 done. I kept one off the patterns that needs altering on so will work on that this week.

I might be able to sew some tomorrow afternoon...we'll see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh Carrie, that is just beautiful! You are soooo creative!

OK - Elise looks so happy showing her ornaments! Great work grandma & Elise!!! That homemade broth looks wonderful. The only time I make homemade broth is when I cook up the turkey for soup after Thanksgiving! LOL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Karen--you are making good progress on your quilting. I am sure the binding won't take you too long. How is your shoulder doing? Have you found a good way to use it without pain?

OK--your stores of broth and beef look like they will last a while. Elsie's ornaments are cute...she did a nice job.

Anael ... More fun every time you see the wee ones, now that they are more alert to what's happening about them. With flashing all your pictures of them, better be careful lest they start to think the camera is their Grandma!!

MiraB ... looks like your Sunday is like what mine will be too. Laundry to do ... and some cooking too, as I am out of my advance cooking! Googled to discover silverside is a fish. Curious what it is like? mmm cauli fritters! Yeaaaaa for Marjen closing in on the finish line!

OKSGlad ... busy you have been with your beef! Cute pics of Elise and her Christmas ornaments. So I'm thinking this was her first "real" sewing project?

CarrieM ... How lovely your quilt is looking! How good of you to help your friend prep things, so far in advance!

Moi? ... thought I would have my August MB done tonight, but no!! Tomorrow for sure ... then I am hoping to have September's done too. Will let me breathe a bit easier when I am on the go this next while. Of course, in between that laundry and cooking!

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Karen--you are making good progress on your quilting. I am sure the binding won't take you too long. How is your shoulder doing? Have you found a good way to use it without pain?

OK--your stores of broth and beef look like they will last a while. Elsie's ornaments are cute...she did a nice job.
    Carriem I still have 2 sides to quilt of the final border, this is becoming a love hate relationship. My shoulder is killing me, hence the slow going. I WILL finish this DA$% quilt tomorrow
    Karen

Here is the recipe for Cauliflower Fritters,

1 head cauliflower
    2 large eggs
    1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
    1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs or you could use Cornflake crumbs
    1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
    salt
    olive oil

Cut cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash the cauliflower while still warm, stir in cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, cayenne and salt to taste.

Coat the bottom of a griddle or skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties and fry until golden brown on both sides.

Corned Silverside is a cut of beef that has been cured, you slowly simmer in a large pot of water with a dash of brown vinegar and whole onion (that's how my grandmother cooked it so that's how I cook it)
    Karen

OK you have a great supply of canned beef, beans and broth well done.

Give Elise a big pat on the back, her ornaments are beautiful
    Karen

Ok Girls, pack your bags we're going on another trip!!! Patrice gave her approval for the new BOM....I can only post it here in the BOM section....

Looking at all the canning that's been done makes me want to put up some Jersey tomatoes....They really are the best!!!

Mirabelle, Seriously, you have to baby that shoulder if you want it to get better...

Carriem, Interesting layout for your PC quilt...I think I'm liking it ... as with Mirabelle, go easy on your shoulder too!!!

QuiltE, you're going to have to squeeze in another 2 blocks

I didn't forget you Anael, your grandbabies are so precious and it looks like Bram has caught up to Isa...

Ok, Elise did a great job of sewing those ornaments....

I didn't sleep very well last night so I got up at 5:30 this morning made coffee , straightened up the end table next to where I sit and the time has flown by...time to get a bite to eat...see you all later...I'll be osting the new thread later on today....

Good morning! Just catching up and anxious to see the response to the new BOM thread, Anne.

I looked at the patterns for SYE and the pieces are small so I'm thinking FQs will be enough fabric for the blocks. What do yinz think? I have some batiks in yardage cuts but I'm drawn to FQs since I rarely repeat a block; like that each one is different. I need to pick up a few with smaller prints and I'm still looking for a whiter batik than I've seen; most are cream colored.

Enjoy your day, ladies. It's beautiful here--cool & sunny (altho most people are complaining that it feels like fall--not me, love it!)
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I'm with you JanRN ... bring on that crisp clean fresh fall air, sans humidity and I am a happy camper too! (or should I say, a happy quilter?)

Yippeeeee!! Thanks for doing all the work to get the SYE approved, Honchey! Hope you don't fall asleep at your machine today while at work. I bet your working all day then coming home to the Grands is tiring ... though the Grands probably help revive your energy when you get back. And then to not sleep well after, is not so good, for today at work. And no, I did not get the Aug MB finished last night. For sure today ... then my 6" partner block. And hopefully September's pair. Are you hinting I should get October's done too?

OUCH OUCH OUCH!! MiraB!! ... I hope you are OK. Wonder how I thought that silverside was fish? OOPS! Would love those fritters! They're good made with most any veggies.

And now ... I'm off to find the SYE BOM thread!
    ........... Just checked, and I guess you have not posted it yet.
    Will go in holding pattern and watch for it to appear!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 08-04-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Everything in the closet was washed yesterday; now I am faced with the problem of folding it all up and putting it into our storage area. Good news is that I can tuck some quilting into my closet for storage now, to have it handy.

Your recipe sounds great, Mirabelle. Need to try that. Brown vinegar, is that what we call Apple Cider Vinegar here? As opposed to the white vinegar? Not much cured beef here that I have run across or heard about. Someday soon I am going to try the cauliflower recipe for fritters...

Good news, Honchey...another thread to read and enjoy.

Or perhaps Malt Vinegar?
    Or does it really matter?

Page 220 of 542 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 219 220 221 230 270 320 ... LastLast