Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 221 of 542 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 220 221 222 231 271 321 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

HI All, I just posted the new thread...take a look see H.

Blog Entries
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Looks good, Honchey.

You're a very busy lady QNS!!

OK, thanks for the beef and broth! Elise made some lovely ornaments! Thanks for sharing the pictures

Carrie, gorgeous blocks and lovely setting! You're very creative

Anne, thanks for starting the SYE thread. Another journey together!

I did make half a star block and didn't feel like finishing. Tomorrow will be another day
    So, good night all and cu tomorrow!!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    Here is the recipe for Cauliflower Fritters,

1 head cauliflower
    2 large eggs
    1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
    1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs or you could use Cornflake crumbs
    1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
    salt
    olive oil

Cut cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash the cauliflower while still warm, stir in cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, cayenne and salt to taste.

Coat the bottom of a griddle or skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties and fry until golden brown on both sides.

Corned Silverside is a cut of beef that has been cured, you slowly simmer in a large pot of water with a dash of brown vinegar and whole onion (that's how my grandmother cooked it so that's how I cook it)
    These were not the success I had hoped for but next time I make them I will :-
    Place the masked cauliflower into a muslin cloth and squeeze out the excess moisture,
    Add some corn for texture
    Maybe add some grated zucchini
    and add a little flour
    They were a little moist and didn't keep their shape, but everybody ate them
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Or perhaps Malt Vinegar?
    Or does it really matter?
    In my pantry I have
    Malt Vinegar
    White vinegar
    Brown vinegar
    Apple Cider vinegar
    red wine vinegar
    white wine vinegar

Don't know what the difference is between the white and the brown but they do taste different.

Now I am off to the sewing room to sllooooowwwwly quilt the final 2 sides of Marjen

I've signed up for SYE yay, will have to tell DD although she may bail on me (sssshhhh don't tell anyone but she has a boyfriend and it is becoming very serious)
    Karen

Thanks for setting up the new Thread Honchey. I'm in too! Looks like fun (and I use to hate PP)! LOL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jan--on the SYE blocks, I got several FQs (well had some and added a few more) and 2 yards for my background to use in the blocks. I didn't buy anything for the corner triangles yet. Not sure how I will set the blocks...I need to see what they do and then decide.

QE and Jan--we are enjoying the cooler days and nights too. It could stay like this until October and I wouldn't complain a bit! Of course the kids are a little bummed it is a little chilly to be swimming, but it doesn't stop them when it warms up some days.

I never thought about there being so many kinds of vinegar! I usually just use it (white) for cleaning...very rarely have a recipe to put it in. Oh and the kids like to do "experiments" with it and baking soda.

Honchey--it looks like we will have a few new ladies joining us for SYE. My friend, Crystal, is hoping to be able to keep up with it better than she did PC.

Yes, several new names over on the new site, but this is only the 1st day posting. Carrie, I was thinking I will get 2 yards of the white on white too. Now I have to find something I like, most of the ones I have in my stash are yard or 1 1/2 yd pieces.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

MiraB ... No Brown Vinegar here, though do have the rest that you have, plus Rice and Balsamic Vinegars. Will check the store and see if it's there and I've never noticed it before. Do you really need to pre-cook the cauliflower? Just cut it a little smaller and use it raw, and would avoid the too wet problem! ............ How exciting for your DD!!! Better make sure he doesn't come between the two of you and your quilting ... and your sleepovers!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Better make sure he doesn't come between the two of you and your quilting ... and your sleepovers!

There would be major problems if that were to happen

I do have balsamic vinegar, but I always think of it as a salad dressing and not vinegar, I also have Vincotta which is a sherry vinegar, very sweet but so yummy on a salad

ITS FINISHED, well all the quilting, the binding is sewn on, just have to do the hand sewing. I swear this quilt has fought me all the way, I broke 6 needles today. Better go buy some more
    Karen

Here's the Connecticut Star, I just finished it.
    Name:  Connecticut (568 x 570).jpg
Views: 73
Size:  120.5 KB

Mirabelle, congrats on finishing

Thanks Anael, I managed to get 2 sides hand sewn tonight, will finish the other sides tomorrow. Your blocks are beautiful, I love that you are using such a strong background fabric, is it going to look AWESOME !!!!!!!

Now that I have seen these beautiful blocks I am kicking myself for not doing this BOM/W. I have the book and have made a couple of quilts out of a few blocks. Oh well maybe next time I won't procrastinate...
    Last edited by mirabelle; 08-05-2013 at 03:55 AM.
    Karen

Anael--another pretty block.

Karen--great job getting your quilt finished and the binding almost done. Can't wait to see some pictures. I think Anael would let you join her with the 50 Starts...she's only just begun. The group here on the board is mostly done, but encouraging like our group is. I started following the thread a long time ago, but haven't broke down to buy the book yet.

Yes Karen, Carrie is right! I just started so why don't you join me?

I'm off to Delaware to visit with my sister...She's a retired hairdresser and will be giving me a haircut even tho she doesn't know it yet...I'll be returning Thursday or Friday depending on how much "trouble" we can get into...Tonite is Bingo QuiltE. All I know is that I have to be home to go to work on Saturday..My last day for awhile....

I'm seriously thinking of getting another laptop...this one is on it's last days and I can't deal ($$$)with it anymore...
    Have fun everyone while I'm gone....H.

Have fun Honchey!

Honchey--maybe you will win big at Bingo and can buy a laptop guilt free. Have a safe trip.

Thanks for the 'heads up', Honchey. While the cat is away, the mice can play... have fun on your trip and win big on BINGO.

Anael, beautiful blocks you are making with your 'star' patterns. Love this last one. Enjoy seeing each one.

Anne, have fun with your sister. We'll try to stay out of trouble while you're gone.

Anael, love how you're doing the star blocks with a constant background. Mine are done with random backgrounds; hope to get a pic this week.

Mirab, I just started the Fab 50 pp Stars. They are so much fun and very addicting! I'm determined to do one a week but have done 9 so far. Try one--bet you can't do just one LOL. I didn't sign up with the group Anael is with, just me in my own group. I check out their pics for color inspiration.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Here's your Smile for the Day ........... I'll be back later to read!!
    I've been searching for a specific picture this morning, which seems to be lost ... saw this one and thought you'd get a chuckle.

We've heard QNSue talk about her Chicken Tractor ... well, here's the deluxe version, a Chicken Bus!
    Yes, exactly as you are guessing .... the ramp at the back lets the chickens come and go, humans too!
    The layers have nest boxes inside the bus.
    And the humans move it from place to place in the field as the chickens graze it off.
    Yes really ... sad but true, I have to admit this is just a couple miles away from me!!!!
    Name:  ChickenBus2009 (5).jpg
Views: 95
Size:  1.31 MB
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Jan, I'm actually in my own group also as everybody else has finished quite some time ago. So I'm the only one posting blocks right now.
    Please post pics of your blocks, I would love to see them!

Nice chicken bus QuiltE

Anael--how much fabric did you get for your background? I am thinking I would go that way too...might have to add this to my list. One a week would be do-able.

Deluxe way to go for the chickens...what used to be for children is now for the birds. If people share the area, I hope there is a divider in the bus!! I would pass on visiting both in the bus!! Recycling at its best.

Early pioneers often shared a building with their animals...with one wall between them. That way they could care for the animals without going out into the cold elements. My how things have changed!! Many farm wives have 'mudd room' where they (men) change their outside clothes and shoes before coming into the house, thus keeping the dirt, etc., outside and not coming into the house.

Now the quilt room has been cleared for incoming sewing tables, cutting table and working-along-side small tables with sewing machines.....I am ready to put it to the test...and sew in there. The test is, IF I can find what I need in there. LOL!

Carrie, I bought all they had I think it was about 7 or 8 yards total and a FQ (as a gift from the LQS )

Page 221 of 542 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 220 221 222 231 271 321 ... LastLast