Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 230 of 542 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 229 230 231 240 280 330 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

progress seems to be going on with everyone this morning and that makes good reading on a Saturday morning.

Love your mb from Janie, OksewGlad. We will all be in the virtual RV, Ok, applauding you and your dh receiving your 4-H award.

Now to figure out how to move that 175 pound sewing cabinet from DM to our home. Don't have any 6 foot strong farm grandsons...LOL!! When there is a will, there is a way; just do not know the answer right now. Ladies run the shop, no help there. My dh and bf dh cannot lift that much weight. Bf and I are not super women either. Then after we do get it here, it has to be unloaded. And put together.

When I picked out the fabric for the block I wasn't planning on using that fabric for that section....after looking at it I wanted to use it and realized I wasn't as careful in cutting it up...I think it turned out great anyway...

i guess when I was working I was doing so much "easy sewing"...going back to pping I should have eaten my Wheaties....I had to stop & think about the this way or that way with the fabric...then I couldn't find my 1/4" ruler for the trimming...the shortest ruler I had was 14"..try using that on the little 6" mat on the corner of the machine cabinet....It took me all day & night to do this block with lunch & dinner in between...I hope the gal getting it loves it as much as I do...I might even make a few more using different colorways...I'll be mailing it on Monday....

Very pretty block Ok, Those little center squares just pop out..reminds me of eyes looking at you!!!
    Take a little rest Dublb...You've done an awful lot this past month...

I can't wait to see the your MB Jeanie...take the photo today
    Last edited by Honchey; 08-17-2013 at 06:20 AM.

QNS....you're probably on your way already but I think unpacking the crate there and wrapping the pieces in blankets might work. I've done that already. Good luck. At least unpack the crate and move it into the house one piece at a time.

my MB block is done and I will mail it later this week when I get back home. OK... Love the way your quilt is being "built" from all around the world!
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 08-17-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Gee Whiz Mirabelle, Haven't you trained those "Elves" to use the seam ripper yet???

Apparently, Honchey, the 'elves' are afraid of the 'frogs'. Or skipped the 101 class on ripping. LOL!!

Ok Love your new block and the collection together is outstanding, indeed!.

Finally got the measurements of the crate...23 1/2 by 32 1/2 by 62 1/2 inches long. That will go into my van just fine. We have hauled so many pieces of furniture for our kids to various places with our van; in and out of college, then to rentals, etc., Don't have to lift the whole weight, just tip it just right and slide it in on cardboard. Problem solved!!!

Guess I will follow myself in posting here today; have the first square in Irish Mist (T.mist) done:Name:  DSCN0007.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  80.4 KB

NinaSue

OOOH pretty pretty! I would LOVE to start this project, if only I could get some others done first.

Good solution on using the van. I hope all goes well for you! I wish I could help, I sure would
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Thanks, DD. Wish I were closer to some one of you on QB. I am following the directions in Six Halves make a whole lot more and questioning myself if I can read and understand English. This block was first to make under small stars; nowhere does it go into making more than one...and coloring does not fit the other 'small stars'. Grrrr.

The cover picture on the book:Irish MIst cover picture.pdf Smaller stars have different side pieces. It speaks of nine stars in the end to assembly. Guess it goes back into the UFO box to 'age' a little more; it is before its time. LOL!!

Sorry, it must be opened with Adobe Reader since it is in PDF file.

I CANT read and understand English!!! directions are always confusing to me and mostly useless, PICTURES I can use and often draw patterns off of.

some believe that this is caused by the fact that I dont like being told what to do. LOL
    Candace is Deranged

hmmm... I see what you mean with the cover picture. I looked my book over but havent attempted anything yet. I will look again.
    Candace is Deranged

Im looking at page 18, it is clear visually. I dont know if that helps you or not.
    Candace is Deranged

I started with Step 20 today (having done all the others before), and its beginning to make sense...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... Thanks, DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Gee Whiz Mirabelle, Haven't you trained those "Elves" to use the seam ripper yet???
    I wish, I finished unpicking the first block. I quilted hearts and loops and decided that I really didn't like it, my hearts were looking more like leaves and I wasn't get up as close to the embroidery as I would have liked... SO last night while watching The Notebook (beautiful movie) I unpicked a second block, one more to go and I can start again So mad with myself..

QNS that is a beautiful block, can't wait to see more of your Irish Mist
    Karen

Dear NinaSue, is there anything you cannot do???
    Candace is Deranged

Afraid so, D_D...lots of things. But 'Can' always does more than 'Cannot' ; You never know until you try your best. If you fail after trying your best, there is no shame in that. Its if you are too afraid to try, you never know your limits. All of us has our own 'special' talent; no two are ever alike. But when you marry, you find your spouse may not think like you do and has been raised in a different household, and sees things differently. (Like mine does! IF he would just listen to good advice!!! I told him and showed him, just pick the white bean pods with the pink streaks...and he picks every bean, white, green and yellow and brown, destroying the next pickings of the mature bean pods.)

I made great progress on my PC quilt today...got both borders/sashings on my alternating blocks and have 4 of the 6 rows together. I should be able to finish tomorrow afternoon and will share a picture then.

Karen--hope today's quilting goes better for you. Are you counting days til your retreat? Mine is about 8 weeks away.

Bev--are you going to retreat this fall too?

Anyone else retreating??

QNS--your Irish Mist block is very pretty. This quilt is on my to do list....

Here is my MB from Mirabelle - just beautiful! Also is my BB wall hanging. I am really pleased with how this turned out, and it looks great in my sewing room. I added the middle block in the last row from some of the left over PC blocks, as I wanted three across on the bottom row.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Beautiful. I like, Jeanie, your BBs and MB from Mirabelle. Where are your other MBs??? Remember, blondes and seniors forget easily and need to be reminded of what was.

Just heading to the RV with Vanilla Strawberry Swirl Cake with Vanilla Butter Cream Icing. Don't get excited though it is only a packet mix Tea or coffee anyone or iced tea for JeanieG
    Karen

Oops got too excited and forgot the cake
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Carriem it is only 3 weeks till I head off to retreat with DD.

JeanieG I love what you did with your BB's, now I really should put mine together, again I am so pleased you liked the block.
    If anyone is interested this block is called Caned Seat and is from Quilterscache.
    Karen

Yes I'm goin' ta a retreat in Granburry TX on Sept. 5th. Candi that has joined the SYE thread will be there too. Actually this one is gonna be a big one w/over 30 people there. I know about half o' 'em & have "talked" but not met, a quarter o' 'em. (I almost know them as well as I know ya'll.) I don' know how I'm gonna git any sewin' done, 'cause I'll be table hoppin'. 2 ladies, who are from Arizona, will drive all night Wed. night & be here early Thurs. AM. We'll pack their stuff in my truck & drive the other 300 miles. I think we'll git there by about 1:00.
    We went ta the other house & worked quit a bit ths'afternoon. Mostly in the garage. DH moved his workbench & a big old desk that he uses as another workbench. We had ta go through alotta stuff before they (#2DSon, DH & one o' my nephews) could git either o' 'em outta the garage. I'm so very tired now.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Jeanie--your BB wall hanging turned out great. I really like your MB too.

Karen--eating pizza now but will be to the RV soon for some cake....I'll bring the ice cream too. I actually almost made the same block for Jeanie....even had it printed, but ended up choosing a different one.

Carriem & Mirabelle, I almost made this block too!! I got carried away reading the posts and forgot to send the post I wrote...the cake looks scrumptous..umm, umm, umm..please save me some...

Page 230 of 542 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 229 230 231 240 280 330 ... LastLast