Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 235 of 542 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 234 235 236 245 285 335 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

WOW Jan, gorgeous block! Anne, great job

I didn't play with my new skills on the balloon picture. The right one is upside down or at least it looks like that. It's flying a bit higher than the left one, that's because the pilot has to rely on the pilot of the left balloon for navigating. He can't see where he's going as he's inside the balloon
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Great job, Anne; lucky Jan. Its that favorite time of the month when we see 'eye' candy. And those favorite words, It's in the mail! And the MBs are on their way!!

Anael, I love the pictures you post. One never knows when the 'surprise' happens and it looks like the balloon is upside down, when it is not, but pictures can be like that. The unexpected.

Not unlike life its self when it brings the unexpected pleasant surprises. A Nubian month old nanny appearing on the local swab page that is temping but its $$$, and I am several $ short of asking price right now. Just thinking I might be able to 'baby' myself today and rest my knee and ease my eye usage a bit. Lots of choices in the quilt room to do, Mirabelle is getting me excited about starting on the Spike Your English; Carrie and Anael about the Fifty Stars; embroidery machine to push button on trial run of the 'guitar' pattern. And I'd like to set together the Irish Mist....or one of the other 101 projects. And the stories we will hear from QuiltE when she returns from her journeys.

Celebrate the day; it will not come again in our life time.

Learning a new machine is a learning curve one must experience first hand. Rule one: It does not stop when you holler: "Whoa!" after pushing the 'go' button and its on fast speed and you cannot remember how you stop it!! Oh, missing that one one that had a foot pedal...wait a minute, this one has a foot pedal!! And a slow speed. It is going to be a long curve learning time! LOL!!

Thanks QNS, I'm glad you like my pictures.

No, machines don't stop on that command My Brother only does embroidery without foot pedal and I don't use the stop-go button while sewing. I'm like you, hollering at the machine and forgetting to push the button!

QNS--it took me a while to get used to the start/stop button too, but now I never use my pedal! I am still getting used to the knee lift bar when quilting. Watch your fingers!!!

Bev, gorgeous blocks. I was wondering for which quilt but it dawned Replacements of PC blocks.

Mirabelle, I just now read your sad story about the machines. When going to the retreat you can make a little detour and come and use one of my machines. I would be happy to have you here

I just found this recipe on the internet, it looks great. Didn't make it so I can't tell you how it is.

Layered Spaghetti Casserole

What You'll Need:
    8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
    1 pound ground chuck
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 (26-ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
    1/4 cup butter
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided

What To Do: Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
    Meanwhile, cook beef and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Combine pasta, meat mixture, and pasta sauce in a large bowl; toss to combine.
    Set aside.
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
    Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk; cook 5 minutes or until thickened.
    Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
    Pour half of spaghetti mixture into a lightly greased 7- x 11-inch baking dish; pour cheese sauce over spaghetti.
    Sprinkle with 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
    Top with remaining spaghetti mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
    Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts.

Use egg plant or squash instead of the pasta; tastes good. Use layering system of veggie, then sauce, then cheese and repeat once...I have done it this way for company and they all 'liked' it.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Just got home from the Quilting Expo and found this awesome block from Anne arrived. It's called Wild Zinnias from QuiltersCache. I absolutely love it!!!! Thank you, Anne.Attachment 431748
    WOW! It's lovely!!!! How does it look w/the others? Ya'll did good!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Oh Ilove egg plant!

I think I'mrunning a fever. It's 23 C here and I'm coldddddddddd, dressed like it's winter and I can't get warm

mmmmmmmmm Lemon Pie!!!!!!!
    .......though it seems there are only crumbs left for me!

Hi Kids
    .... Just back for a few hours, to do some laundry.
    Being that my office is just down the hall from the laundry, I can multi-task!

OKSGlad ... a great idea ... though the old cloth sacks are next thing to impossible to find. Which gives me another idea, burlap yardage! Good Luck for your Saturday Classification.

Anael ... my goodness, did KK not know how to dissect and eat? Was this a mystery fabric purchase? Or you forgot what you ordered? Oh how I like your friend's quilt! Maybe you can persuade her that she does NOT like it ... and send it to Canada!

QNSue ... Your machine not stopping ... I'm thinking that you are speaking of the Bernina lock stitch feature ... I'm thinking you should be able to change that setting as it can be done with mine, so that I can end where I want to (though without the lock stitch). Check your manual, or ask your dealer about that. Yes, a learning curve ... just take it one step at a time, and do not fret about doing learning it all at once.

MiraB ... {{{HUGS}}} oh how we miss our "loved ones" when they cannot come and play with us! Thankfully you have a herd of machines to have options and still be able to sew!

Sorry that I haven;t "chatted" with each of you ... hope you understand!
    Til next time ...........Regards,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Anael, hope you are not coming down with a cold or flu...if you like hot tea, have some; whatever you like hot, drink lots of liquids. Dh likes bouillon cubes of chicken dissolved in hot water in the microwave to drink when hes feeling chilled.

Irish Mist done to page 19; had to stop and remake some disappearing wild geese blocks. Moving on soon to sewing together 55 of the 2 1/2 inch blocks for the corners. Upheaval is still going on...phone call told me my Bernina 1530 is all done except bill is $$$; it will wait. Not ready to get back into that car seat yet. May be next week.

Dh picked up the mail and..............there was an MB in our box...................from Carrie!! Lovely 'geese all around'. will take pictures tomorrow. Too tired tonight. Have a good one everyone!

Blog Entries
    QNS, received your block today, I really love it, it really looks good with the rest of the blocks, thanks again everyone that I have received blocks from.

Name:  new 001.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  319.3 KB
    Name:  new 002.JPG
Views: 89
Size:  198.4 KB
    All of the blocks together, watch out Jan I might sneek in and steal yours. All of the
    blocks shown are really very pretty, just wouldn't want to be a judge and try to pick
    a favorite, they are all great. Thanks again Nina
    GrannyQ

What a lovely addition QNSue, has given you, GrannyQ!!!

A quick trip to the post office .... and I found my August MB.
    Thanks GrannyQ ... It's perfect in every way.
    The block is called Starry Patch, from EQ7.
    A quick dash to the flower bed for photos, as the sun started to set.
    GrannyQ ... perhaps you have a better pic to share? Please do so!
    Name:  MB-GrannyQ-From  (6).JPG
Views: 78
Size:  1.49 MB

Sorry ... no time for a family photo, so will post the last group shot
    Name:  MB-DublBfrom (7).JPG
Views: 97
Size:  1.47 MB

And now ... I am gone again ... see y'all in a few days!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QNS--I am happy to hear your block arrived. Let me know if you want me to post a picture tonight.

Glad I checked and see a couple more great MBs!! Off to the clubhouse for a little bit before bed. DH is spending some time in the shop tonight, so figure why not?

Carrie, you are welcome to post a picture tonight and perhaps I can do a 'family shot' tomorrow in the sunshine early on.

GrannyQ block is call four squares from Quilters Cache.

Here is the block I made for QNS...it's called Geese All Around from Quilter's Cache
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, very pretty block QNS - great work Carrie!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Oh what pretty Eye Candy tonite!!! Carriem, You must like geometric blocks as much as I do!!!! QNS..Lucky you!!!

QuiltE, You received another one of my favorite blocks from GrannyQ...

GrannyQ, Your "family of blocks" is stunning...

Kudos to all of you for doing such a fantastic job of finding such great blocks..The Eye Candy is exceptional!!!

Anael I am on my way, do you still have a spare machine for me I have been sewing on my Singer today, ssshhh don't tell anyone, I just finished Spike number 4.
    But in my defence I am checking my cutting instructions

GrannyQ I love your selection of blocks, very dramatic black and red together and the blue and white blocks on your design wall look interesting too !!!

QuiltE I think we have the same block, I think that is the one Honchey made for me, just shows great taste from our blocks makers

Carriem that block is amazing, would be interesting to see 4 blocks together to see the secondary pattern emerge.

I have been doing a lot of tidying up and moving things around in my sewing room today, pressing and folding new fabric to fit on the shelves. Throwing out a lot of paperwork, note to self, stop printing pictures of quilts off the internet, you are never going to make them all

Now I am off to bed, chat to you all tomorrow
    Karen

Karen--here is the link to pg 2 of the directions showing what a quilt would look like (geese flying towards the middle of some blocks and to the outside of other blocks)...in the sample the secondary pattern almost stands out more than the original block. http://quilterscache.com/G/GeeseAllA...ock_Page2.html

Good morning, all, and it is a great morning. I love coming here first thing and seeing such beautiful blocks. QNS, that's a perfect block to add to GrannyQ's quilt--and NO! GrannyQ you cannot have the block Anne sent me LOL. QE, your quilt is going to be lovely--the block that GrannyQ made with the soft colors will fit right in. Carrie, I really like that block you made for QNS--wow! Lots of perfectly matched points and great color choices. Can't wait to see the rest of this month's MBs.

Went to the Quilting & Sewing Expo on Thursday. Over 200 vendors and almost all of them were LQS. Oh my!! The fabric selections were awesome. I won't have to buy fabric for at least another 10 years (yeah, right). I will however volunteer to work a few extra days next month before my Discover Card bill arrives LOL!! If I told you I bought 56 pieces of fabric would you think I was a little piggy? Well, I'm a little piggy. Most of it is FQs with a few 1/2 yard pieces. The FQs were $2 and if you bought 5, you got 1 free.

I saw a new (at least to me) fabric. Rayon Batik. Have you seen this? It is beautiful. It's batik fabric with the softness & drape of rayon. The booth had some blouses & jackets & skirts made up as samples and they looked so soft & flowing. (I always wanted to dress like Stevie Nicks in her flowing skirts and scarves but I'm too short & dumpy for flowing LOL). If I sewed clothing I would have bought out their supply.

Have a great week-end, ladies. Do what you want and enjoy it!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Mirabelle, its nice to know I am not the only one who downloads quilt patterns for future use (or not). Have four big notebooks full plus files in the filing file cabinets. Of maybe someday?

JanRN, that is a lot of fabric to 'pet'...enjoy and if you have the time, show us a picture or two, Please?

OK, good luck on your scoring today with the herd.

Anael, hope you are feeling better and not so chilled today.

Carrie, that pattern creates a quilt not unlike a pineapple design. Cache has the three color combos samples, but I like yours the best, Carrie. Variety of good colors, like the variety of ducks, chickens and guineas that we have. We expected the little brown ducks to start laying eggs, but they have not done so. Four large guineas have moved themselves into the brown ducks shed, 'cause it has roost poles in it and the ducks do not fight them like the chickens do in the hen house. Everyone seems happier with that arrangement.

My beloved Bernina 1530 is all cleaned up and ready to come home...except I do not want to go anywhere in the car right now. Makes my knee sore, strains my right eye, therefore, it will wait for better timing. Bf dh thought we both looked very bad from our 'outing' last week, mainly from trying to do to much in one day. We did cut out several items and stops on our list 'cause we both realized how tired we were, yet I think, both of us was very tired at the end of the road trip.I slept out to past nine today. Wow. Still resting up.

[QUOTE=carriem;6252193]Karen--here is the link to pg 2 of the directions showing what a quilt would look like (geese flying towards the middle of some blocks and to the outside of other blocks)...in the sample the secondary pattern almost stands out more than the original block. http://quilterscache.com/G/GeeseAllA...ock_Page2.html[/QUOTE

That is amazing!!! Wonderful!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 235 of 542 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 234 235 236 245 285 335 ... LastLast