Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 245 of 542 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 244 245 246 255 295 345 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Sorry, forgot to tell you where the pattern came from. It's Oh my Stars from Planet Patchwork.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Anael--another great quilt top! Looks like one with multiple size blocks.

Thanks Carrie. Yes the blocks have different sizes, from 3" to 18" finished.
    I thought this design would be nice with 30's fabrics too. Not that I'm going to make another one LOL. The patterns are still available though, it's a free BOM.

Blog Entries
    Great birthday mirabelle!

Anael--you have a great UFO pile--keep them coming so we can see what else gets finished!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thanks OK! I was just thinking what to do next, still haven't decided. I do have some tops waiting to be quilted too.

Mirabelle...so nice the entire group celebrated with you! Can't wait to see you with a crown!
    Anael...I downloaded the quilt pattern. I like the variety of blocks, sizes,and placement. You've done a wonderful job putting it together. It's very similar to the Ode to Mom you did and I agree, it would look nice in another color combination. It's in my bucket list.
    Finished up a MB Friday and have it ready to mail as soon as Mirabelle shows us that she has received hers. Also did my Aiming4Accuracy block. It's beginning to come together and I'm liking it. Did I say that I put a binding on the Lone Star quilt and just have to wash and pack it up? Also more done on the baby quilt. Like a tortoise....BTW...my toe is still sore but I'm walking much better. Thanks for your thoughts!
    QNS....you don't sound like yourself...Are you getting enough rest? It's easy for me to say since my eyesight is reasonably good, but it won't do you any good to worry about the surgery. You'll be blind without it so go for it with gusto. Save your energy for recovery.
    carrie...you still get so much done even with the PT limitations. How soon is your retreat? How are the plans coming?

Mirabelle--sounds like the retreat was good!

Ggal--it is frustrating not to finish the quilt tops as I get them into rows like usual since the actual quilting is the hardest thing on my shoulder. Right now I have 2 quilts ready to be quilted after the airplane quilt finally gets done. Our retreat is the 3rd weekend of October. We have been getting registrations in for the last month or so. It looks like we will have 18-20 there this time. We will take registrations until we have 20 paid in full or Oct 1st. At that time I will draw names for the secret sisters. We will be trying out a new location. Our gifts are something we found online...I'll share pictures once they arrive. We were going to make something, but time got away from us so those will wait until the spring retreat. Menu is figured out....so plans are going well.

GardenGal, I feel like I turned a corner this birthday month into a lot of health problems. Cataract found on one good eye, fell down in chicken yard and right knee is driving me crazy, taking baby steps slowly. It will be xrayed on Wednesday and my right lung as well. And I have had 'dizzy' spells in the last week...too many of them. A lot of my plate right now.

QNS, I'm so sorry you don't feel well. I hope they will find what's wrong with you. I hope with the eye surgery that problem will be solved! ((((HUGS))))

Like an old fool, I should have known in hot weather, you have to drink more water; I was drinking my Cherry Coke Cola and not getting enough water, therefore I was having 'dizzy' spells. Now its lemonade and ice tea time.

Thanks, Ansel, for the thoughts. I loved your site soooo much I downloaded three different years worth to go on my list of someday. Love your quilt, too.

I hope, Carrie, that you get able to do more of the quilting that you love.

Sounds like you had a very good retreat, Mirabelle.. Hope you can get rested up now.

Dh relatives are here playing cards with him. Wonder how I could bribe them to come more often....love the freedom to do my thing: quilting and working on computer downloading more free patterns!!

QNS, cook them something nice They might want to come over more often
    Thanks for the compliment on my quilt!

They ask for beans and ham; they got beans and ham and butter beans...sent more home with them. Also raided my freezer and gave them frozen corn on the cob and cut corn for each family...DH had a blast with them and I loved hearing the laughter in the house.,,and dh so well entertained.

Dishes are all washed up and now I can relax a bit and rest my knee.

thanks for the site, Anael, Downloaded from Planet Patchwork the 2008-2009 Inner Peace quilt for the muted tones quilt in the future; and Silent Shimmer from 2012 quilt I can see in shimmering fabrics; and the Oh, MY Stars! for the 2010-2011 year.,,to hit now and again until its done. Along with the other 'things' in the front shelves...Time is flying by...wow!!

MBs need to be started and finished, Irish Mist for dh and me, Farmer's Scraps and the other triangle pattern from Laundry Basket, BBs need to have 2nd border and quilted, Borders on PC finished and taken to be quilted. Miles to go.Love i, OKsewGlad when you stop by for a minute and catch us on the farm activity and dgs and dgd activities.

When you return, QuiltE, we want to know where you went and what you did....inquiring minds want to know.

Jeanie, we want a picture of that new kitchen!

Mirabelle, a picture of that crown! Queen for the Day...

Kitchen still not completely done. The contractor got stuck on another job, so still have the gas cooktop to be installed, the oven to be hooked up and a couple of plugs to be finished. I put away as much as I could, and was blessed with a husband that opened all the boxes and a daughter that unwrapped everything and put it on the counter so I could try to put everything away. The problem with the new cupboards is that they are much smaller in size than the old ones. There are more cupboards and drawers, but they are so different. I was tearing my hair trying to decide where to put things. A lot of my larger Tupperware cake keeper type of stuff does not fit where it did before. So weird, the enter key stopped working on my fairly new keyboard! What next!!! Anyway, we are taking off for Phoenix on Thursday in our RV. We felt we just have to get away and visit with the grandkids. Don't know when we are coming home! LOL We will have internet there, so I'll be in touch. Guess I'll turn off my computer and see if it will bring my keyboard back to life, at least I can still type and my mouse still works! The back splash will not be done for a little while, and once it is all done I'll post a photo for everyone.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Here are some pics from my weekend adventure. DH decided that we would have Chinese Takeout for dinner last night, my poor aching back decided that it had had enough, so straight after dinner I had a hot shower and went to bed. DH brought me in a coffee and I think I had three sips and I was out like a light for the next 10 hours

First pic is of the room, lots of activity going on, next is DD and my set up in the corner with our sew-ezi tables and the ironing board in between us and see what is just finished, her first Spike block.

Then there is a pic of the group that make the Jelly Roll Race quilt tops (I'm not in it !!!!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Then there is the group photo taken every year, I have no makeup on, hair not done properly and it was freezing cold all weekend. I was hoping that the camera would break or the computer would die on me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Mirabelle, is that you in the bright pink top, like you are trying to hide in the group picture??? Just guessing which one you are...

No, I think she is the one with the "Birthday Crown" on her head! Just guessing!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

The one in the bright pink top is my DD trying to hide behind me, I unfortunately had to stand front and centre with the stupid sash and crown on
    Karen

We can tell your daughter looks up to you all the time. I like how you are standing tall, as "I am, as I am! Ready or not world here I come! Love it. A true Queen for the Day of Quilters.

Thanks for sharing your pictures Mirabelle Looks like you had lots of fun!
    QNS, very well said!!

Jeanie...sorry to hear about your kitchen. I noticed when mine was redone in my condo that all of the doors were smaller. That doesn't make any sense does it? Enjoy the family!
    Mirabelle...at least you look like you were dressed for the cold. It looks like DD was making a mad dash to get out of the picture in the sewing machine set up. What a considerate DH...allowing you time to recover and continuing the celebration....coffee in bed! DD's SPIKE block looks interesting. Completely different with the dark background. I look forward to seeing it straight on.
    The forcast is for hot and humid for most of the week. I should do apples but without AC, the house would be unbearably hot...so I'll just suffer and sew!

GardenGal, with *HOT* weather no AC when the kids were little, I packed them up in the car and we roamed the Cherry Hill Mall in Rockford, Ill. for the day...until it cooled down in the evenings. A plate lunch was split between them, so they could clean up their plates and we simply enjoyed the hot day while dh was gone for his classes he took that summer. I could not live without AC here, it has been so hot. Weathermen say it will break this Wednesday...and I hope they are right, today up to 97. We are dropping the watering of any garden, so its season has ended for this year.

Jeanie, how hot will AZ be when you get there? I think I remember temps of 107 to 110.

Mirabelle, you are so nice to post our measurements for SYE for each block and even repeat the postings for those who did not save it the first time around. It saves me so much time and easier to do with one half an eye to see. Thank you again.

Hi Everyone!! .... I'm baaaaaaaack! And I think I am here all week Imagine that!!! Of course, subject to change.

Saturday I went to an Open Guild Quilt Show/Competition where I had 3 of my quilts entered plus Granny59's Mighty Mini! Photos will follow when I get a chance to download. Sunday I was at my friends and we got the last of the antiques and signaged washed down from all the dust and fly poop ........ and ready for their local fair in a couple of weeks.

GGal ... Sorry to disappoint about my weekend!!!And what do you mean about a Turtle's Pace ... you have been really putting out a lot of quilting lately! Looks like we're in for the same HHH weather ... tmro/Tues is to be 32C with feels like of 42C. I got some fence row apples at my friends and will be doing them too. So get out your crockpot, for less heat and no-watch on the stove. So come and join me making applesauce.

DDamsel ... From what I remember the main featueres were a crust of some sort, pudding and oodles of whip cream. It didn't have the cake that yours or QNSue's recipes had. I'll look around and see if I can find it.

CarrieM ... good for you and all your productivity despite being restricted with your quilting. The airplanes are flying nicely ... and what a great way to show the telephone fabric. I am sure your DH appreciates your making it for him.

MiraB ... I had to laugh ... so you had threatened your DD to not announce your birthday and forgot that your DH just might do it instead. We always knew you were Queen!!!! Soooooo .... maybe to get even, you should go and buy your own birthday present (aka yet another machine? ) Great pics ... DDs spike is gorgeous!!! ... and what did you make?

Anael ... Another UFO almost done. Yippeeeeee!!! Now wondering what the borders will be?

QNSue ... time for you to slooooow down! I know you want to sew and do lots of things, but if you don't slow down for a spell, you won't recover from all the challenges you are facing. We want you to be well. Better to step aside for awhile, for your long term good. And then before you know it, you will be back and at it!

JeanieG ... glad that you had some help with the unpacking. Isn't it fun (NOT!!) trying to figure out where to put things in a new kitchen. You'll be playing hide and seek for awhile ... and be trying new tuck-away spots. Tupperware has got to be the worse to store! INdeed ... the two of you need that getaway to see your family and have a change of scenery for awhile! Safe TRavels!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

It's getting cold here Last week it was around 30C and today only 15C!

QuiltE, The borders will be red and black, I figured that out. Now to make them
    The pineapple pie was pineapple with a little bit of lemon. I just crushed a can of pineapple. Next time I won't use the juice though.

I finished the second SYE block today, lots of work and lots of ripping.

Anael ... On the upside .... it makes for good quilting weather!

Though here, it looks like it isn't yet .........
    Last night it dipped to 6C.
    Today about 20C.
    Tomorrow ...................... 32C and with humidity factored in, 42C.
    You already know what I am thinking .......... gggrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
    And apparently much the same for the next few days. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Black and red will be perfect!
    What pie are you going to brew up this week?
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Page 245 of 542 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 244 245 246 255 295 345 ... LastLast