Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-27-2013, 05:59 AM

Wow, lots of 'eye' candy to see this morning and to read about too!!! QuiltE, what a lovely quilt; you are very unique with those blocks and it sure looks like another Grand Prize winner to me!! Love the animals in it, giving it far more character; the farmer and wife does add to the quilt as well; the the bits country showing tells more of the story!!

Mirabelle, your butterfly quilt is also high quality and perfect in every detail!! Words are not coming to me to say how wonderful both yours and QuiltE quilts impress me.

And Dudlb, I am proud of you getting that photo of the BBs posted. It was worth waiting for, I love the way your have pieced it together. It will encourage all of us to get ours put together as soon as we can.

I am fighting off a beginning cold; guess the sweater was not warm enough as I helped dh unload the chicken feed yesterday. My little local bank refused to accept Canadian $$ yesterday; acted like it was printed play money...their reason was it was foreign currency...it would cost me the whole thing to process it and two weeks, leaving me with 0 amount. Effects of 911, I guess.

Anael, very good news abouit the twins weight gain and the picture of Bram this morning!! May the Sew Grands continue to amaze everyone.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

QNSue ... aww thanks! The animals were fun to do, and do change the look of my quilt, for sure! I predict more PP animals to come, not sure how or where or when or what ......... or why? Just they are fun to create. *sigh* about the bank! Our banks accept USA no problem. Yes we are charged the current exchange rate, but that is minimal and just accepted as the fact of life. No delay, in getting the $, totally OTC, and then no further fees assessed.

Now bundles yourself up, and sit yourself down and sew all day ... all part of the prescription to knock that cold flat, before it gets hold of you!!!!! Now do as your QB medical team are all advising you today!!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... did you finish your peacock fabric project? I forget! I remember seeing a dresser runner, but think you were going to make a quilt? I think this is the same fabric ... and didn't want you to miss it!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t217483.html
Old 03-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Sigh--QE's flimsy; mirabelles finished Bfly; dublb's flimsy. Just delightful.
QNS tuck yourself in for a good afternoon nap--sleep helps the body heal you know!
Watched a movie after kiddos got on the bus; now time to get that duvet cover done since I'm going to have a little FART this afternoon. Don't need to pickup kids until 5:00 so have a longer afternoon today.
Sometimes like using the laptop--and then I like my mouse at the desktop. What you are used to I guess.

QE no email attachments--so answer is "no comment"
Old 03-27-2013, 07:35 AM

OH hooray!!!! What a great step! One day at a time & finally we are gittin closer ta them bein' home. Now I"m gonna give a prayer o' thanks givin'. I know they aren't goin' home now but I feel it. Am I ramblin'? or what? I think I"m giddy for ya.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 AM

I agree some very nice quilts posted! I hope to have one by tomorrow. I ended up changing the green to something with more pattern and a brighter...plus will use it for binding and it matches the backing better than the other one I had.

Ggal--I used the butterflies in the same colorway, not peacocks, but thanks for sharing the link. I haven't done any more than the runner so far. I am trying to finish "started" quilts before cutting into the fabric. Maybe late summer/early fall so I can have it finished before it gets cold again. I am going to use wool batting and flannel backing...it will be for our bed and our room is the coldest one in the house.

Anael--that is very exciting news about the twins! Praying for continued steady growth and going home by the end of April.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

OKSGlad ... OOPs!
Looks like you're quite enjoying this "trip" and making the best of it in all ways.
Good Luck on your FART!!!! You'll have to tell the kids all about it!!
Bet the Grands think it's Grand having Grand-Ma in town!

CarrieM ... butterflies, not peacocks ... both are beautiful fabrics! Good plan, and certainly one you will look forward to working on. It's so beautiful!

Last edited by QuiltE; 03-27-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:19 AM

!!!WOW!!! Beautiful quilts Ladies yes QuiltE I am competitive! but mostly... I admire your work and I aspire!

well I downloaded pics from camera to computer and found a cool pic! want to see??? also my Mblock thanks again GrannyQ
Attached Thumbnails march13-002.jpg   march13-038.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

Looks left ... Looks right ... is it only you here, DDamsel?
Where is everyone? sneaking into the Easter candies while there's no one to catch them? *giggles*

DDamsel
... here's Me the non-American asking ... is that your famed Bald Eagle atop the tree? And is the picture taken at your place?
We have two nesting boxes high atop poles nearby here, maintained by the local Conservation Authority. I always watch for action when I go by ... and of course, patriotically salute to them for you!! I suspect it's likely for them to re-habitate there soon?

Pretty scrappy block ... just to your liking, I'm sure! I remember doing it (or similar in FWS) as a 6" ... Single Wedding Star, me-thinks!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
JeanieG ... Thanks! you had the foresight that I did not. Actually I realized it about 1/2 way thru the sashing and did not rrrrrrip it all off. I convinced myself that the pattern was right, but have my regrets! And yes, I want you to get yours done, so I can see that blue in a wider view ... what cornerstones are you using? Light blue?

Anael ... oh such good news! Out of the incubator, into a crib, should mean more space for two in one bed at times!
You guys are going to laugh when I tell you, I switched back to the original blue on my PC quilt. I had the second one up for a couple of weeks, but the more I looked at it, the more it washed out the light blue I used in the blocks. Sooo, I just went with the first one I bought. I decided not to use cornerstones on this quilt either. I'm still moving the blocks around, but not as much as when I first put them up there on the display wall.

Anael - Bram looks so tiny in that crib! Hopefully he is feeling better, I guess he would be if he has been moved from the incubator!
Attached Thumbnails img_1789.jpg