Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 260 of 542 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 259 260 261 270 310 360 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Here is a photo of all my MB. It is going to be a beautiful quilt!
    Gasp! I'm speechless. Those are just way too lovely for words!
    Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    Happy Birthday NinaSue, hope you had a wonderful day.

There was talk of doing one block per week for the 50 Stars which will take us a whole year to complete. I am definitely NOT doing Dear Jane, I tell myself all the time "what were you thinking", but I am going to make Sylvia's Bridal Sampler so might tag along with the J Maniacs to stay on track.

Our Patchwork group have been asked by another group called Blankets of Love, to assist them with a project for the Ronald McDonald House. They have had a new extension built to accommodate families of sick children who have to have long term medical treatment. They require 25 quilts and bed runners for each room. The quilts are to measure 50 inches square and the bed runners 24 by 64 inches and must match so they can "dress" the room. Our group has taken on the challenge to make 10 sets. Yesterday I played around with my blue scraps and started cutting 3 1/2 inch squares. This is what I ended up with by the end of the day. The bed runner will be 3 blocks set on point and borders added to make it up to size, the quilt will be 16 blocks with a 1 inch border. Talk about being distracted. I will finish up the applique today and in between cutting sashing and borders for Once Upon a Time I can chain sew a few of these blocks.

But first I have to clean up my desks and set up my embroidery machine as I want to finish up a little quilt that has been sitting for too long.

I will be posting my October MB on Tuesday, just a little early but I will be without a car for a week. DD has my car and I have her car waiting for the panel beater to fix hers, this is happening on Monday and they will have her car for more than a week. It is DH's turn to car pool to work so he is borrowing DS's car and DS is taking DH's truck.. Gos that is confusing, talk about musical cars but I guess if I can't go anywhere I should get more sewing done right!!!
    Now that's just gonna be lovely!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Not doing any embroidery today just finished setting up my machine, got my fabric pressed and ready, turned on the machine and the embroidery foot is missing. Rang my dealer and she asked if I was sure it was on the machine when I dropped it off to her... YES it was. She has said she will post me a foot on Monday I guess I don't have an excuse to do some more applique

Bev you make sure you stay with us whether you are participating or not, just wouldn't be the same without you
    Karen

Hello All

Happy Birthday QNS!! Hope you were able to just take it easy and enjoy the day!

Yes, I am planning to start a new thread for the 50 Stars in January and the plan is one block a week. There is a program you can download if you want to change the block size (http://www.quiltpro.com/page/Foundat...0_Fab_Mainpage)

DJ is also on my list for next year. I haven't set a goal yet for a certain # of blocks each week/month yet. I have started printing out the patterns for pp'ing and cutting too.

I saw the orthopedic surgeon today. They did x-rays...no arthritis or bone spurs. After some strength testing in different directions the dr. is pretty sure the bicep tendon is rubbing the wrong way. I can't remember what he called it. He said an injection of cortisone might help with the inflammation, but isn't going to fix anything. I had a bad experience with an injection in my elbow in the past so won't get another one (it made my elbow pain worse for several weeks and then back to where it was, but never took the pain away).

Solution is surgery (a "simple surgery" according to dr with short recovery time), but not something we need to rush into. He wants me to give it 4-6 weeks to see how it is doing...seeing PT once a week between now and then. Looks like mid-November. He said I won't make anything worse by continuing to quilt so will do that as I can...trying not to over-do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    Bev you make sure you stay with us whether you are participating or not, just wouldn't be the same without you
    Huggs Karen.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Hello All

Happy Birthday QNS!! Hope you were able to just take it easy and enjoy the day!

Yes, I am planning to start a new thread for the 50 Stars in January and the plan is one block a week. There is a program you can download if you want to change the block size (http://www.quiltpro.com/page/Foundat...0_Fab_Mainpage)

DJ is also on my list for next year. I haven't set a goal yet for a certain # of blocks each week/month yet. I have started printing out the patterns for pp'ing and cutting too.

I saw the orthopedic surgeon today. They did x-rays...no arthritis or bone spurs. After some strength testing in different directions the dr. is pretty sure the bicep tendon is rubbing the wrong way. I can't remember what he called it. He said an injection of cortisone might help with the inflammation, but isn't going to fix anything. I had a bad experience with an injection in my elbow in the past so won't get another one (it made my elbow pain worse for several weeks and then back to where it was, but never took the pain away).

Solution is surgery (a "simple surgery" according to dr with short recovery time), but not something we need to rush into. He wants me to give it 4-6 weeks to see how it is doing...seeing PT once a week between now and then. Looks like mid-November. He said I won't make anything worse by continuing to quilt so will do that as I can...trying not to over-do it.
    OUCH! I sure hope the surgery does help!
    Bev

Good Morning Y'all!!!!!!!

I'm a-gonna-sew today!
    I have no clue what, just yet ... lots to choose from.
    So kick me out of here, if I show up.

MiraB ... oh dear on the footless machine. At least she is going to send you a replacement. Looks like the Princess blocks are going to get finished today.

CarrieM ... I "like" that Dr. for giving you the quilting go-ahead! While you don't want a cortisone shot, have you been using an anti-inflammatory now? Perhaps it just needs some more time with physio and less intense quilting for more progress?

***skipping away with a joy to my happy place***
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I too hope to do some sewing today. Well, probably more cutting. Need to get borders on a quilt for my sister

QE--I haven't done any "intense quilting" in several weeks. I figured it out and it has been at least 12 weeks since my shoulder started hurting. Gave it 2 weeks to feel better, then I did 8 weeks of PT and haven't seen her the last 2 weeks. For 4-6 weeks I didn't sew at all. Then it was limited to 1hr (30 min at a time). I will still try to be nice to my shoulder. I was worried I could make it worse, so am happy to hear it won't...other than the pain it causes me when I over use it.

Just read the back pages that I'd missed while gone last week.

Such lovely eye candy to feast the eye!
    Thanks everyone for sharing your work.

So much happening in all our lives ... looks like MiraB might be topping the exciting news via DD/DBF/DGD-to-be! I know all potential, but the man has let his intentions be known to the DMIL! So yessssss ... seeeeeeeerious indeed!

GrannyQ ... so sad to read of your news. I will be hoping and praying for a positive report to come from the further test results.

.......... and now, I am definitely gone to my happy place!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for your prayers for my family. Went to surgeon yesterday to get stitches out, and she wanted me to come back next monday to do that. I received a good report. All 10 of the lymph nodes are
    negative so will not need additional surgery. Still very sore but improving each day. Only bad thing now is
    the rash from the tape burns, very allergic to tape. DS actually gets to back to work next wednesday, so that
    will help him, just hope he doesn't get to active. Won't know DH treatments are working until next month.
    Happy Birthday to GG and NinaSue, sorry I'm late. Praying for all the other gals with health issues, really
    seems to be quite a few of us with health issues.
    GrannyQ

Good news GrannyQ, hope you are back to your old self soon. Your family are in my prayers.
    Karen

Oh GrannyQ that is great news on you lymph nodes! Hope the soreness abates real soon!

I know your enjoying your sewing day QuiltE. I did one section of Block 3 on SYE yesterday - looks so cute with that little tiny log cabin.

Blog Entries
    Oh such great news GrannyQ. Hope life continues to be bring sunny days for you.
    Should someone send out a search party for QE? She's probably engulfed in fabric sewing up a storm!!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I'm so glad ta hear the good news GrannyQ! Sigh o' relief! My prayers are still w/ya! Huggs!
    I just got home from the old house again. I’m so tired!!! Walls need ta be cleaned, floors mopped, & one bathroom needs ta be scrubbed (the other one is scrubbed & is ready for the walls & floor ta be done.) There is so much that has been done but still more ta do. Sigh
    Bev

GrannyQ--thanks for sharing your updates with us. I will continue to pray.

I spent the afternoon in the clubhouse. Didn't do much sewing...just a few stitches on my Janome Jem than I just got back from the cleaners. My friend from FL is borrowing it at our retreat in a couple weeks and I wanted to make sure all was good to go. Works great! I got my project bag unpacked from the trip and got pictures of several things...

Fabric I bought...multi-colored is from the same line as the fabric I got for my DJ quilt. Teal (more green than it looks in the picture)...I just liked it. Metallic floral for SYE. I got these at the same place where my sister picked the borders for a quilt our great-great grandmother made. It was hand pieced. We found a group of church ladies to hand quilt it, but then she decided it needed to be bigger so before having it bound I will add a couple borders, then they will quilt those and bind. My mom has 4 tops unfinished...there are 4 of us girls. I am going to quilt my own...when I have room to set up my quilting frame and keep it up in my new building.

Next picture was fabric I got for $3.00/yd! Both well known names, so good quality. They will go together, but I also got enough of the purple to go with some FQs I bought last year and haven't decided what I want to do with them yet...probably will end up as a quilt for oldest DD since they are "her" colors. I included a picture of those with the new addition for you to see too. Ggal might recognize since I got them at her shop.

I will post a picture of my finished FFC table runner on that thread and another finished runner on the UFO thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful fabric, Carrie. Love to heard your plans and see the results down the road a piece. That last photo of fabric is really over the top lovely!!

Oops forgot a couple pictures...

1--MBs all together

2 & 3--A new "old" quilt for me to finish. Blocks are 15", 4x5...just didn't all fit in the picture. I now have two quilts I have been hired to finish. One will just be tied (the crazy quilt I showed pictures of back in February!) and this one I will do some quilting around the flowers. The crazy quilt just gets pushed off because the guy who wants it done said it didn't matter when I finished it. I do so much better with a deadline. I was planning for early this summer, but...life happened. I might still be able to get it done this year. I will be cutting the borders and binding for it tomorrow while cutting fabric for my sister's borders. Then when they are on I can get it sandwiched.

Carrie - I just love that fabric, and what a great buy for some of it at $3.00/yd! I just love to get bargains like that!

Your MB are great together. You will have a great quilt when this is over!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I just love your "new" quilt! It's gonna come out really nice when ya quilt a bit around the flowers. & Y our MB's are ta die for!
    Bev

Beautiful fabric and quilt tops Carrie, look forward to seeing what you make with them.

I am slowly making progress on this quilt, DD has to finish 4 blocks then I can put it together with 240 x 2 1/2 inch squares in the sashing. Back to cutting
    Karen

Oh Mirabelle - that is turning out just darling! Any little girl will just adore it! What a lucky little girl you DD's BF's daughter is!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

GrannyQ ... so glad that you got such good news. Isn't that tape a beast? I react to it too and avoid it whenever I can, so I really feel for you. Good to know your DS is allowed to go back to work, and here's hoping your DH gets good news too. How is your DS doing?

JeanieG ... I need you to show me your partial. With no offence to all of you, I've been avoiding those threads til I am ready to get into the Spikes. Then I'll do a good read thru of them, to get myself in the groove and inspired. Will need a day or two to go thru it, right? Yesterday, working on a Halloween project.

OKSGlad ... ha! no need for search party, just was enjoyed reacquainting with my machine. Should have opted to tidy my sewing room, but the sewing was far more enticing! Today?

CarrieM ... ooooh! lovely on all accounts. I saw the words "in my new building" ... have the plans come together for a new clubhouse? Exciting times for you! Finished projects and some new and old ones to work on.

MiraB ... it's so sweet and so precious!

JeanieG ... forget about any little girl, this "old" one would be thrilled to have it too!

It was so nice to get back sewing yesterday.
    I think that's what I NEED to do today.
    First some cleaning, and need to do some baking ... then that'll be it!

Didn't get telling you about the Fair last week ......... all went well!
    Wed/Thurs for set up it was brutish hot and humid. Also Friday.
    Then Friday night/Saturday the rains came ... over 3". One area not far away got 6".
    Luckily it stayed warm (not humid) thru the rains, so it was not too uncomfortable in the barns for the humans or the cows!
    Then Sunday it was coolish, breezy, but reasonable. So much rain that the heavy horse show was cancelled. It wasn't raining, just too dangerous for the horses to hitch. It was a big disappointment to us, as it was always a highlight, almost a reward for the busy hectic work-weekend at the Fair.

On Friday we had over 1300 children from Grade 3+7 for Education Day. They have several stations around the Fairgrounds that they rotate thru to learn about agriculture. Even a station about quilting. Some have hands on activities, some are more lecture oriented. We have 5 cows, and do 5 milkings .... largest was with 312 kids (plus their adult leaders). I do the commentary, while my colleague milks the cow. Then we go to Q+A with me fetching the questions, and he responds. Starting with washing the cows at 5:30am, we were non-stop thru to 3pm. Breakfast? Lunch? what's that? Talk about exhaustion .... and then we were not finished, as the buildings are open til 10pm and we had to milk the ladies again!

Here's some pics .... the cattle and butter display are in the same area, inside a quonset barn.
    Name:  GNE2013 (2).JPG
Views: 78
Size:  1.50 MB

Name:  GNE2013 (5).JPG
Views: 81
Size:  1.51 MB

Name:  GNE2013Butter (7).JPG
Views: 88
Size:  1.51 MB
    Last edited by QuiltE; 09-29-2013 at 05:28 AM.

The quilt classes are in a large hall, along with all the other Homecraft classes and the main stage where there is entertainment almost constant throughout the Fair.

I should have taken a pic of the set up ... lots of quilts, a huge section of art entries, likewise lots of photos. Flowers classes were large. Not so many in the preserves and the wine class is growing. Baking is judged on the Thursday, and only the winning entries stay on display for the weekend. Otherwise, you come and take yours home.

All told, I placed in all classes ... four 1sts, one 2nd and one 3rd.
    Reminder a Red Ribbon in Canada is 1st place!
    Here's some pics for you .........

Sorry ... not sure what happened to the pics ... I'll set up another thread, and will post the link, when it's ready!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 09-29-2013 at 05:52 AM.

No pictures QuiltE

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    No pictures QuiltE
    Here you are ...
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...31336.html#top

I just don't understand why sometimes the pics upload with no problems.
    Then other times I do the same thing, and mega-problems.
    Even had problems with the new thread.

Page 260 of 542 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 259 260 261 270 310 360 ... LastLast