Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 29 of 542 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 79 129 529 ... LastLast

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Anael ... ditto to what JeanieG said ... the colours and fabrics are bang on for that star to shine out from the white. As for Sylvia's sashing ... you know that we all like to "help" ... so show us a picture and you'll be overflowing with ideas!

JeanieG ... oh how they have come down in price! This is my 2nd and it was considerably lower in price than the first. I've had it for a few years, and every once in awhile it seems to groan and rattle. So I do wonder how long it's in this world. Then it seems to get over it and all is good. So with a new one, I'd have a back up in place! Size wise, I bet they are smaller. Check how/where you access it and if it would be feasable to "service" it while on a shelf. Looking at mine, yes I could do it but would require a deep bookshelf ...... and then in all my carefulness ... I'd probably flip it onto the floor!!!!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-07-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Anael--another beautiful block!

Made some progress on my BBs (lots of y-seams, but going together without problems). I also finished sewing lots of 9 patches together to make D9P blocks...just need to press, cut and sew back together. Now if I could only find the fabric I bought for the backing for the D9P, found the border, but the backing has disappeared! I know I haven't used it for anything else. Guess I will have to look better tomorrow!

Wow Anael that is one gorgeous block, makes me want to drag out my Sylvia blocks and work on them but unfortunatley this week I have to finish quilting a raffle quilt. Will post a pic when it is finished.
    Can't wait to see what BB's have been made, maybe I shouldn't have been impatient and sent mine so early. I do hope everyone likes what I made. I always stress over these little things
    Karen

QuiltE, the printer monster I have is called Hp Officejet pro 8600...I was little slow getting started (doubting myself) but love it...it was rated with five stars on the list. DD has taught me to look for the rating of things in internet...which rates a lot of things. It is what I used to do my PC photos that appeared in my blocks. If you have doubts about the color setting, soak it in salt peter from the drug store before washing it the first time...that sets all colors nicely. Have used that very successfully on T-shirts since high school...my junior college t-shirt held its color beyond anyone else at the ball games. I did not want to change printers, but my old hp 44 did not work with windows 7...so dh inherited the hp jet 44 four in one machine. It is surprising how many faxes we send off for insurance and etc., and receive. I have used it for a whole year, so there may be a newer version out there now...works with Macs too as wireless or not. Has the two trays for letter size and for legal size. It helps to READ the instructions. (Ask me how i know!)

Aneal, your blocks having me drooling over them again. Perfect looking.

OK, glad you checked in, so we did not have to send out the posse to see if you were OK.

Carrie, I have that problem all the time...I go there and I wonder what I came after...so I am worrying all the time about the "here/after" and where the item that I am looking for...it was here yesterday. At least, I think it was yesterday and not last year....two....or more. I am an organized person...most of the time....my memory works...mos of the time.

We're all stressing with you MiraB ........ I fear there'll be disappointment with mine, the more I hear hints of what others are doing!

I don't think anyone has anything to worry about with the BBs!!! We have all been seeing your work for nearly a year now and I haven't heard any complaints on what's been seen...right?!?

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    I don't think anyone has anything to worry about with the BBs!!! We have all been seeing your work for nearly a year now and I haven't heard any complaints on what's been seen...right?!?
    Oh but now they get to see it IRL .... eeeeeeeeeeks!

Hey, I know I am getting "Classic BB" from you all because you have created your personal block and that makes it 5A in my eyes. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...personal thoughts in quilting and cooking rate high with me.

It's each to their own; and what we created on this PC trail has been wonderful, so how can the BBs be anything else. Everyone has their favorite sewing machine, car, home, and cooking favorite flavors and items...and computers, digital cameras as well. But we have seen beyond the materialistic value on this trail., to personalities of each unique person...value that friendship...believe in thyself...because we have loved meeting everyone in the virtual RV.

....... you would have to bring up the computer issues!
    I don't hear THAT!!!!!!!!

<----------passes plate of Nanaimo Bars around the RV!

Not any issues raised; just praise for each and every person on this PC trail. Pass more chocolate, please, and remember individual differences makes each of us unique...and we do not have any quilt police here!! Our priorities are right on, decisions we make our priceless, and we look through rose colored glasses....for silver linings in every cloud that threatens us and our immediate families.

I have decided that my BB will be a special quilt for me. I'm not gonna put 'em in my PC quilt like I had planed at first. It's gonna be all mine.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Do those Nanaimo Bars not have enough chocolate for you?

You should be a writer QNSue .... you have a special way of saying everything. And with a great balance between philosophical writing, factual and humour! Love it!

Pass me some marshmallows....I love sittin in the RV visitin' & munchin'.
    Bev

Thanks, QuiltE!!* I am blushing here* even a thought of a new career is enough to warm the heart at my age!!

I will raise my tea cup in a toast to that thought in the "year of 2013, year of GOOD LUCK for all" PC riders in the virtual RV. Here! Here!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Oh but now they get to see it IRL .... eeeeeeeeeeks!
    I had to cut my block down from a 12" block, I did it in EQ, and used the templates/cutting directions it provided. My pieces are not fitting together as well as I thought, so I'm having to sliver cut some of it. UGH I don't think they are going to be as spectacular as I thought! I hope they are not too wonky, and like some of you guys, am nervous about them!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG ... we'll all be nervous together .... and then we'll be giddy together with excitement when we receive them!!

QNSue ... I'll drink to that ... and tonight's tea happens to be "Ceylon Star" ... Wish upon a star ... Star anise is one of the most beautiful spices aroundÖand also one of the most delicious. It has a sweet, subtle licorice taste that we just canít resist. And some say it has magical properties: keeping star anise around is said to bring you good luck, happy dreams and even clairvoyance. Most importantly, it makes for some seriously delicious tea. Star anise and Ceylon black tea is a classic combination, but here we sweeten the deal even more with white chocolate, cocoa nibs and coconut. The result is sweet and creamy, with a hint of exotic spice. Now thatís star power. Ingredients:Ceylon black tea, star anise, cocoa, white chocolate, coconut, natural and artificial flavouring.

I keep trying to nudge you, QNSue, to get those thoughts and memories down ... a wonderful gift to your DGS along with his quilt(s).

QuiltE - that tea sounds like it has a million calories! Sounds wonderful, wonder if we have it in the States? I drink ice tea all day long, but have started having a cup of hot tea before bed. My favorite is an old flavor, Constant Comment, I get the decaf. I don't use any sweetener in my tea, as that is how my folks drank theirs. Isn't it interesting how we follow old habits from day gone bye.

QNS, here is a breakfast casserole that I make when we are with our camping group and have a brunch. Most of you would probably have to half the recipe, it really makes a lot!

Country Breakfast Casserole

Recipe By : Midwest Living, December 1995
    Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time: 0:00
    Categories : Breakfast

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    24 oz pork sausage. bulk (mild or spicy)
    1 cup finely chopped onions
    8 cups hash browns - diced frozen thawed
    3 cups colby/monterey jack cheese - shredded
    6 ea eggs - beaten
    2 cups milk
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    salsa

1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions until no pink remains;
    drain. In an 9 x 15 inch square baking dish, layer the potatoes, half of
    the cheese, the sausage-onion mixture and rest of cheese.

2. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over the cheese. At
    this point, the casserole may be covered and chilled overnight.

3. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes, or until a knife
    inserted near the center comes out clean.

4. Transfer to a wire rack. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into squares.

Last edited by JeanieG; 01-07-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I used ta make shipwreck.
    Bacon or Sausage
    Onions
    Patatos baked & cubed
    Cheese
    Eggs

Fry the bacon or sausage & crumble it then set it aside. Saute the onions & then add the cubed potatos & brown 'em. Mix the eggs, cheese & crumbled bacon (or sausage.) Scramble it all up. Yummmm
    Bev

Jeanie, your breakfast looks like dinner to me We don't eat sausage and potatoes for breakfast.

Thank you all for your compliments on my blocks. While I was working on the BB I was thinking the same you all do: what if they don't like my blocks, what if it's a disappointment. But they're my blocks and they're my gift to my friends, they're not perfect but neither am I!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Mirabelle, are you OK? I just read about the fires on the news!

Anael ... haven't you heard of "breakfast for dinner"? It's a good ol' standby for an easy supper. When I don't know what to have or just too tired to cook, I'll scramble up some eggs and a good protein supper is ready!

Oh ... and how could I have forgotten this one as an "egg-user-upper" .....

~~~~~~~~~~
    Apple Omelette
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Yes, you read that right ... apple omelette!
    When I first heard about this one, I kind of went huh? no way!
    Yet it was one of those recipes that seemed to dare me to I just try it.
    After all, the worse that could happen would be the need to throw it out!
    It definitely IS a winner in my books, and a favourite for when I just don't know what to have!
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Saute with butter some apple slices with a sprinkling of cinnamon til crisp tender. ( l do not peel, though that's up to your preference)

Meanwhile beat your eggs with any add-ins as you would for an omelette. eg. salt, pepper, milk (some do, I don't!)
    Pour eggs overtop and cook as you would an omelette.

Top with some shredded parmesan or cheddar and a little cinnamon and flip over like or leave flat.

Devour!
    It's a nice twist on the old favourite that's really filling ... with a sweet surprise.
    I've even made it with blueberries ... though the blueberries can make it look kind of ugly!

Anael, your blocks are spectacular. What a beautiful quilt you will have.
    dubib...I'm with you. These 12 blocks will be a very special quilt for only me.
    QNS...I second what Quilte said. You have a wonderful way with words.
    I'm a little nervous about my BBs too but I know I won't reach perfection in my lifetime even if I try.
    QuiltE...good luck with your electronics purchase....and you Carrie with your sewing machine.
    All of the recipes look yummy but my DH is a creature of habit for breakfast..biscuits and eggs with coffee and jam.
    I got one Ocean Wave block done after redoing several triangles which went against the current and I love it. I'll cut strips for triangles and make it a leader/ended project. Also got more of the BBs completed and quilted four PC blocks yesterday. Saturday I unexpectedly slid down about 6 steps while at a friends house. Fortunately they were carpeted and nothing got broke but I've been a little stiff and sore these days. Haven't checked my backside for bruises, but I'm sure they are there!

GGal *ouch*
    I feel for you ... and thankfully yes, it was carpeted. I did that on my verandah steps a few years ago and had a huge black stripe across the butt for ages. To say the least about the number it did on my back! Take care of yourself ... and if you do chiropractic ... get yourself to yours! Hope it's "well enough" for some mandatory "sit and sew time as part of your recovery!

Curious about that Ocean Wave block ... photos?

Oh GG, bruises can hurt a lot! Take care of yourself and get well soon!

QE, I think I make breakfast for lunch Meaning: lunch is the first meal of my day, I almost always skip breakfast. Bad habit, I know. Could your apple omelette be done without cheese?

I did make some BB, still 7 to go, meaning I'm halfway there

Of course, you can make it without cheese.
    ......... but isn't everything better with cheese?

You could try other cheeses ... and I bet it'd be just as good.

A lot of people say it's like having a crepe ...

Page 29 of 542 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 79 129 529 ... LastLast